News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Draci - Quest Journal

Started by PinkRose, January 25, 2007, 08:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

On the table, you find a new book. It is bound in a cover of rough wool, dyed in multiple colors that remind you of the stainglassed windows of the Abbey.
The pages are a fine mageweave cloth, perfect for keeping your thoughts and adventures and all your tailoring patterns, of course.

Draci, like this is totally your Initiate Quest Journal. You may totally record yer thoughts and findings here as ya speak with us about your Quest. We may like peek over your shoulder to read your writings and stuff, and may even totally add thoughts of our own at times.

Xolly
XO XO XO
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Draci

So i have recieved my first guild quest and it is as follows:

"You have to talk to 3 different members and find out if they have any pets. Or if they had some growing up.
Once you talk to some one, post a short bit about their thoughts in your journal.
That way we can get to know you, and others from the Family can as well. At the same time, you will get to know us."

Looking forward to getting to know you guys (and your pets   ;)  ). Check in tomorrow for an update.

Draci

Draci's First Quest Journal...Part I

Durnig and His Pets

Last night I had a chance to run quests with Durnig and chat about his pets. He is the proud father of two critters, being the efficiant little Drawf Hunter that he is. A polar bear named MangleClaw, and a ghost saber named Wisp.
   MangleClaw was his first pet, and don't tell Wisp, but Durnig did admitt that the polar bear is his favorite pet. In the mountains of Dun Mohr south of Ironforge, the local Dwarves were having a problem with an oversized aggro bear they reffered as Mange Claw. Durnig was hired to help rid these people of the menace in their hills. Now many people would have just killed this animal and colleected a handful of silver for their efforts.  Not Durnig! He saw something special in the bear. After filling him generously with hearty steaks and finding herbs form the forest floor to cure his Mange, MangleClaw was born. No longer a mindless killer driven driven by the pain of a simple disease, the bear became a hero.
   Though a little less endearing, but just as inspirational is the story of how Durnig found his ghost saber, Wisp.  Near Auberdine, there is an enchanted area littered with the ruins of a civilization of years gone by. Among these ruins are small seemingly cute cat statues. Don't be fooled though, for Disturbing these orniments has a jolting effect. After picking up a cat figurine, Durning was ambushed out of nowhere by a ghoslty white spotted feline. The fight ensued, but once agian Durnig's reaction was that of a naturalist, not a killer. He fed the hungry ghost animal and asked it to stay in his world for a while. Tired of the darkness and evil bidding of his present masters, Wisp agreed to stay as the Dwarf's companion.
   With his fathfull friends, Durnig is never alone out on the battlefield. His pets fight valiantly at his side. They seem really happy too! Pehaps someday he will find a third pet to complete his collection, but until then the three of them shall roam the lands seeking fame and fortune, jsut the three of them.

Coming soon: The Story of Oksana and Sasha

Draci

Part II - The Story of Alwynn and Hobbes

Early in his life as a Hunter, the Night Elf Alwynn knew he needed a companion. One evening in the moutains of Dun Mohr he came across a Winter Wolf named Dingo. The two were inseparable for years. Squashing any foe that would challenge them along the way, they taveled the globe in search of adventure.
   The wolf and the elf were wandering the Stranglethorn Vale  on the southern tip of the Eastern Kingdoms, when the conversation turned serious. Dingo explained that he was tired of adventure. He missed his home in the snow. Alwynn peered around through the hot and balmy jungle, and understood where the canine was coming from. This was a far cry from the icy hills and plains of Dun Mohr.
   Being the faithful companion that he is, Dingo agreed to help him find a replacement. The wolf told Alwynn to take a nap under a tree and he would return with a worthy candidate. Alwynn napped.
   A few hours later, he awoke to a soft gurgling snarl only inches from his face. Before him stood an enormous orange and black striped tiger.

"I am Hobbes," the tiger bellowed, "your friend here informed me of your situation."

Alwynn gazed at the creature in amazment still half asleep.

The gentle giant continued "Now I have to admitt, I have been dreaming lately of leaving this jungle. Seeing the world. I have heard many tales of what is out there. I won't leave with just anyone though. I should tell you...I am nobody's pet. This would be a partnership. "

The Night Elf explained to his new feline friend, that he intended on nothing less than a partnership. They would be a team. He told the tiger that he would always be well fed, and treated as an equal.
   After a few hours of getting to know eachother, an agreement was struck. The two would work together. Dingo grinned happily and returned to the Ironforge area, where he still lives today raising a pack of his own.
   As for Alwynn and Hobbes...they can be found fighting the Horde all over Azeroth. Anywhere there is a cry for help, they will be there. If you see them, make sure you let them know that you have heard this tale. You may just have caught a glimpse of two legends of our time.

Still coming soon: The Story of Oksana and Sasha

Draci

Flying Dream Snakes

A young Dreanai stands before a stoic Night Elf.

"It's every night now, Alwynn. This creature...comes to me in my dreams...It speaks to me"

"It speaks to you? A flying snake is speaking to you in your dreams?" the elf retorts.

"I know it sounds crazy" Oksana explains scratching her head, "Ever since I came to this place, the creature has been haunting me. I believe it wants to meet me?"

Though Alwynn was skeptical of any meaning in these dreams, he could see it was important to his new alien friend. He explained that he had heard of a forboding place deep in the Barrrens known as the Wailing Caves, where the creatures she described were rumored to live.
   After a long and perilous trek through the cold winter dessert of the Barrens, they had finally arrived. This hole in the rocks was just as dark and spooky as the elf promised. Right as they entered the cave, there it hovered. A giant yellow Deviate Coiler Hatchling.  A powerful flying snake. After a short struggle, Oksana convinced the animal to submitt. She had found her companion. Quickly becoming more and more aware of the dangers of the cave, the two Saga Members and their new friend, dubbed Svetlana, decided it was best to leave.
   For weeks Svetlana and Okana fought side by side. On the surface all was well. But Oksana knew something was wrong.

"So, you are still having the dreams?" Alwynn inquired

"Yes" replied the Draenai, " more vivid than ever. Except I noticed something new. The Coiler I am looking for is silverish-blue in color."

"You two would match then...that makes sense."

So a second trip to the Wailing Caves was mounted. This time they would venture deeper in. Fighting the their way to a place that had never seen daylight.  There was a shimmer in the darkness off the wall torch.  Eyes...The eyes from her dreams!
   Out of the darkness she slithered. Ignoring gravity the snake slid through the air like and oils slick on water. A Silver-Blue Deviate Coiler Dreadfang! A creature that most who have seen, do not live to tell about.
   Now the tale gets a bit foggy here. Some say it was a battle that brought the the Coiler to our side. Some describe as an almost love-at-first-sight. A meeting of soulmates. Either way from that day forward, the snake would be known as Sasha. Oksana and Sasha can still be seen today, gliding across the lands of Azeroth fighting for all that is right.

Draci

These are my 3 required "Pet Stories" for my quest journal. I truely enjoyed writing them, so anyone else that wishes to have their pet's story told here, I would love to add it. Thanks for reading them.