News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Post Here: Your Kudos and Comments to the Stories Written

Started by Lyrima, July 09, 2006, 05:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxi

I'm so glad you liked it! I'd been struggling to find a toehold in the GW2 world, but I finally just forced myself to start something. I was surprised at how easily--once I'd taken that first step--things started to come together. I wanted Sigla to be a traditional Norn warrior, but have some reason she would become an engineer (which seems totally un-Norn-like to me).

Blixx invented himself. I had absolutely no intention of playing an ancient, cranky Asura inventor/thief with hairy ears and a thing for big women. He just showed up at that bench in the tavern. The only part of him that came from me was his name, which was my homage to Blixkin Entopop, the halfling bug collector who wandered around Misty Thicket with Ember the fire beetle. As for the bird, Sigla always had Sootwing in her story somewhere. I just didn't know the raven would come attached to an Asura.

I think I'd kill the drama kid if I had to have him around all the time.  ;D

Talon

Mixxi, I wish to add my accolades. A thoroughly enjoyable introduction to your characters, and quite clever.
I love when characters write themselves. You know you're on to a winner, then.

Yes, please don't reprise the mopey kid. ;)

As an aside, the animal comment reminded me of Pratchett.

Mixxi

Quotefound  a nice comfy spot tucked in between the boxes of gun powder and some barrels of oil

Oh, no. This can't be good.  :coolsmiley:

I did want to feed the Asura to the armored shark when he hit you.

Cyrian

Mixxi, I absolutely love what you are doing with Lt. Harkner and his sketches, it feels very personal and, dare I say... real?   Fantastic.

"The Spatula of Purity shall scramble the eggs of your malfeasance!" Sir Osric The Chaste

Talon

Quote from: Cyrian on July 29, 2012, 10:58:09 PM
Mixxi, I absolutely love what you are doing with Lt. Harkner and his sketches, it feels very personal and, dare I say... real?   Fantastic.

Hear hear! I am particularly intrigued by the introduction of the dancer.

Mixxi

Many thanks, Cyrian. A lot of the credit goes to Talon, too, for letting me drone on and on to him about Harkner. His feedback has been terrific.

Mixxi

Talon, I really enjoyed the next entry in your journal. Is the thief going to be one of your characters as well?

I love the idea of a Sylvari who is fascinated with ancient things. It's such a great contrast--this brand-new being whose race has no past who is consumed with wonder about the remnants of long-gone civilizations. I like that he is concerned about emulating the customs surrounding a place as well. He should be a very interesting character to get to know in game, since Tyria is now filled with echoes of destroyed and drowned civilizations.

Talon

Thank you, Mixxi. I always appreciate your thoughts and perspective on my character/s.

He feels very much like he's arrived to the party and missed out on all the really cool stuff that happened before he got there. The past interests him greatly as does learning in general. However, he's not the typical wide-eyed innocent most sylvari seem to be.

I'm looking forward to playing him, and he'll evolve further in game, and meeting all of you.

Naturally he's going to be very interested in exploring, jumping puzzles and treasure hunting. And inevitably overcome the caution regarding the Ghosts of Ascalon and want to explore the ruins.

Talon

Rumze, I really enjoyed your short stories. Quick glimpses of character and past. Not the whole story so an air of mystery remains.

Focus made me smile.

Rumze

Thanks! I didnt want to write too much just yet because the concepts are pretty nebulous - for example im still debating whether to call my sylvari Alixiana or Potatoe Jane and the two will have vastly different personalities.

Also , I enjoy everyones stories on the shelf. They make good reads for when we go out to visit the in-laws. I would comment on them but I tend to ramble and Id post everytime I read an update and that would just spam this thread to death ;D But know that they are quite happily enjoyed.
Edit: really liked payback. Fun and painted a great picture of norn life.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Mixxi

A beautiful piece, Rumze, in so many ways. The images are evocative, and the regretful--yet defiant--tone really affected me.

Jasyn

What a wonderful concept, Mixxi.  I love it!  O0

Rumze

Ahhh I love Gnat Mixxi. I may have to keep an eye out on my clothes and look for bits torn off!
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Mixxi

Such a different take on the events when it's 3rd-person and not 1st-person. Ewin comes off as much less dominant in the friendship with Twig when he's not the one telling the story. Now I'm really wondering what these two have got into, and how much of the caper Ewin really understands. Clearly he'd do anything for Twig, but I'm not so sure the devotion goes both ways. Rafe would definitely worry about Ewin if he knew any of this.

Thanks so much for putting this up. It gives Ewin a side I never suspected existed.

Mixxi

Poor Ewin! So sad. Although Twig's a bastard, I can start to see some of why Ewin cares for him.

And I love seeing the description of a fight through a mesmer's eyes. It's very foreign to me, but the fighting style makes sense when it's in dramatic form like this.

Mixxi

Talon wrote:
Quote"Give us the vial." The leader demanded, now sporting a makeshift bandage around his arm.

"No," Ewin said, his eyes slightly unfocussed. "Is this anger? I've never felt it before."

"Shut up and give us the vial or you're dead like your friend."

The sound that Ewin made then was beastial. All three images of Ewin seemed to explode, he vanished, leaving behind settling purple butterflies before they faded away.

Re-reading this, I really love this section. From a Nightmare Court-like character, this might seem self-servingly dramatic, etc., but knowing Ewin's character for so long makes it quite affecting. Rage would take Ewin by surprise. Although you don't beat people over the head with it, the dichotomy of a mesmer being confused and shattered while simultaneously inflicting that on others is powerful.

Jezerai

Sroth!  Fabulous story line!  A really wonderful idea and well told!  More!
EQ2: Boudeccai, Callysta, Dulcette, Mabb, Missa, Kudzoo, Negghia, Alanni
SWTOR: Jezerai, Callysta, Jujule, Myrriam, Catta, Temi'ana
TSW: Kud-zu, Teasel

Sroth

Quote from: Jezerai on August 18, 2013, 11:17:36 PM
Sroth!  Fabulous story line!  A really wonderful idea and well told!  More!
Thank you!  :)

Talon

What an interesting start, Vilidius.

I like your character already. And it's nice to see an antagonist that can actually be somewhat mature. I also found the focus crystals to be interesting. I've no experience with the mechanics of Norrath's spellcasting and illusionist is a class I'm considering, assuming it will be available. Seeing your approach to focusing magical energies adds another layer to my enjoyment.

Looking forward I am to Silverpalm's story progressing and to see how he grows or how the world changes him. Or how he changes the world.

Talon

Quite a different look at Lietta than I usually see.

A great story, Xerali. I'm intrigued. And have to wonder whether her employer may be a certain group that used to spend its time in Bloodtide Coast.

Really liked the descriptions you used for the thief abilities and the elementalist's conjuring.

I truly hope she recovers her dagger.