News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Wildstar MMO

Started by Rumze, February 13, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumze

Ive been keeping tabs on this ever since they announced personal housing and psychic/esper class.

Hopefully when it goes live, Ill be playing it in addition to gw2 - since gw2 is very happily casual - because it gives me vibes that remind me of anarchy online with sandbox elements - aka the settler path.

Check it out ! Wildstar!
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Zemnari

Looks interesting. Might have to keep my eye on it.

Rumze

Six classes - 4 races per side ( both sides get humans ) - 2 factions - Ill most likely be going exiles as they remind me of serenity's crew from firefly.

4 Paths to follow in addition to classe that give you additional things:
Explorers can unlock things like underground caverns for personal travel , settlers set up remote town elements for their faction, scientists study old tech to uncover new abilities and areas, soldiers can start off events in the world by triggering things it seems .

There will be raids and dungeons and so on - and there will be healer/tank/dps roles etc.

They handle servers differently:

Thanks to everyone who participated in last week's Uplink discussion! Since the formation of the Community team here at Carbine, we've been doing lots of research into server communities. It's a very important sub-community of any MMO, and it's one we feel hasn't gotten enough love up until now. We want to bring you into the various conversations we have internally each day, but understand that we can't promise any or all of these ideas will ever actually make it into the game. These are the results of our brainstorming sessions over the last few months, and we'd love to hear what you think.

First, the most obvious server communities that form are based on the standard server types. You know the basic four by now: PvE, PvP, RP, and RP-PvP. But we're starting to wonder if there's more than that that hasn't been explored. There's always a subset of people who clamor for a "hardcore" server, one where your death means the end of your character. What would that kind of server look like? How would it sustain itself? Would the risk be too high that no one would play on it? What kinds of servers would draw tradeskillers to it? Which would attract griefers? These questions are ones we're attacking right now, to see what would work and what wouldn't in a new type of server arrangement.

The other big topic we're discussing is how to manage and support server communities. In other MMOs, active server communities mostly maintain themselves via a server forum. The most social of the players might organize large-scale events for their server (like Weatherstock in LotRO, for example). But in those cases, a new player needs to go looking for that information, and we worry that most players may miss out on these amazing events.

Imagine, for a moment, how this might improve if when you logged in on your server, you were presented with the latest news and events for your server. What if each member of the community team was responsible for getting to know specific servers intimately, so that you could have a personal member of the team taking care of your specific server's needs? Would that make people more loyal to their servers, or would it serve to create rivalries between the "best" servers?

As you can see, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered as we drive towards launch. We'll work towards answering them ourselves over the next year, but we're very curious to hear your thoughts as well! Is there something we've mentioned here that's sparking some ideas on your side? Let us know by responding on Twitter, Facebook, or on any of our esteemed fansites!

Until next time,

Your WildStar Community Team
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Zemnari

Yes I looked at the explorer path and it made me think of GW2. then I noticed that this is an NCSOFT game!

Rumze

Yup !

Ive signed up for the beta but not sure if ill get a key etc.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

Also good consiladated info for wildstar:

http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?forum/

We shall see how good it will be - Im not sure about 40 man raids and there already are some refugee hardcore players flocking to it . I am on the look out for an rp community for it at the moment.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

—   
from Maya Angelou

Askari

Looks fun! Of course, anything that isn't fantasy looks fun to me after so many years of playing fantasy MMOs.

I signed up for the beta, and will keep my fingers crossed that this turns out good!
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Rumze

I have to say the dominion side, makes being bad look delightfully campy. British and evil robots? Most excellent. Get me my gun Jeeves-X34, the one with the pearl handles.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Talon

I can't say that this has grabbed me. The site doesn't have a lot of info yet so I may check out Ten Ton Hammer.

Zemnari

Quote from: Rumze on February 13, 2013, 02:04:14 PM
Ill most likely be going exiles as they remind me of serenity's crew from firefly.

Dominion looks fun but I had the same thought about the Exiles. Im hoping this game can be that sci-fi mmo that I want. SWTOR was great but kind of fell apart towards the end.

Rumze

Yeah its something that didnt quite click for me either although I did like the jedi a lot.

Like a lot alot - i still miss playing the jedi with all his cool actions and the story lines of every class.

Also : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DCqgowlTKo  gameplay footage
—   
from Maya Angelou

Zemnari

signed up for beta aswell. Very curious to see how the combat is. I watched the stalker combat video and was underwhelmed so we will see.

Gith

This game looks interesting. I see release date is still TBA. Ah well. Lemme know when it gets closer to release. I signed up for beta as well. Wonder if I will get a key.

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Gith

I just watched the housing video. If the outfits in the game are good and the gameplay is decent I am sold lol. Looks like a really fun game.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

2 races and classes to announce still. How mob tagging will work as well, and resource node tagging.

Im interested to see how they will handle language barriers faction wise.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

So far Aurin Esper for ranged DPS or a Human Spellslinger look coolest. Probably a explorer or settler for path.

The game looks just silly enough to be fun but still a real game. I hope it turns into something worthwhile.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpCxFQZhAQo

Hmm. I am not sure if the telegraph system will be awesome or really annoying. If you have to stand still to launch any attack as a ranged player that will be annoying.

After taking in a lot of media about this game the story looks fun and playable and focuses on a very sandbox approach (as far as I can tell). The housing looks awesome (who doesn't want a floating island house that is completely customizable?), and I hope all the outfits and appearance options look cool.

Iunno about raids and all that stuff. As long as combat is good then I think I could be sold for this game.

But then again, I just wanna play a game with all my Saga peeps. Unfortunately GW2 just doesn't do it for me and people seem to still be really into GW2. Who all could see themselves getting into this game? Will we have enough people for a complete group?

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

Im not sure how many folks we will get to be honest. Im going to say that at the moment interest is limited simply because not much info is out there and there will most likely be a sub.

Im going to get it and if there is interest form a saga chapter , or at least a saga ingame channel to chat but otherwise I may end up going alone into the wilds~ while still playing gw2 on the side.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

You thinking Exiles or Dominion?

The evil robots look fun. But otherwise I would go with the Exiles. I am pretty sure the unannounced species for the Exiles is some sort of zombie like creature from that picture showing the raised fists of the four exile species. So Aurin or Zombie Esper sounds fun lol.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_