News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Wildstar MMO

Started by Rumze, February 13, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumze

Looking for dungeon info revealed:

So after some brainstorming, we believe we've come up with the appropriate solution: At launch, our Group Finder will include a checkbox to allow you to only group with players from your own server. Players who are willing to submit to a longer wait using Group Finder will be placed with people from their own servers when looking to tackle Dungeons, Adventures, and unrated Battlegrounds. (Ranked Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Warplots will still only be available cross-server, to allow for proper rating-based matchmaking.)
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

It sounds like a Saga Circle is probably the best way to go to keep lines of communication open between the limited number of Saga members interested in Wildstar. Good call Rumze : )

I guess my interest in MMOs is such that I am still willing to pay the $15/month given that so many end up free to play eventually anyways if it is truly something awesome (like SW:TOR) I am willing to pay. Most stuff I am not really willing to pay for.

Also, from the point of view of someone that really didn't like GW2 (sorry lol) I am not convinved yet that the f2p ones are yielding just as good results as the monthly subscription ones. I know many will disagree with me.

So Rumze, any guilds looking good to you so far? I have not cruised the forums much in search of one.

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Rumze

Not really. Most guilds recruiting are pve or pvp, or dominion. Nothing that caught my eye so far.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/m30_patch_notes.php

So I take it from leaked beta patch notes that the Wildstar beta is already going? I obviously did not get an invite yet. Anyone else in there enjoying the goodness?

I am gonna try to read through the notes but they are hella long.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

Yup someone leaked the notes and wildstar decided to official release them and did qna pertaining to them.
Very classy of them and nicely handled.

Im not in beta :p but theres an NDA up anyway so couldnt say if i was, if i was.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

NDAs don't forbid letting people know you are in the beta do they? Just any info about the game itself?

But anyways, that sucks. I want to get a quick glimpse of this game to confirm some stuff.

I agree they handled the leak well and people should learn how to keep stuff to themselves. The unwritten rule of integrity of the gaming community has been violated! Nerd rage!

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Tys

It all depends on whether or not they have a sub fee and how much it is. I'm with Zemnari on that rule. I do like what they show and it looks interesting, but it better be mind blowing for me to shell out 15 a month.

Zemnari

No BETA invite yet :( and I signed up for it awhile ago.

Gith

Yea, I only signed up for beta some months ago so I was not expecting to get in for the first several rounds. Ah well.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/black_ops_missive_from_the_field.php

Sounds like the next beta will not be starting for a while. A new "deployment" every 5 weeks. Dunno if that just means new stuff into the game for the existing beta testers or new testers let in.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/dirtylittlesecrets/

Final 2 species released! Looks interesting. Still final 2 classes to come.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

I really like the lore for the Mordesh.
Once the most beautiful race and renown alchemists , they were a member of the dominion empire.
However, they thought they discovered an elixir for immortality and everyone used it. But it went bad and turned them into cannabilistic monsters. Only the use of another elixir returned them to sanity but at the cost of their bodies decaying.
The dominion abandoned them and put their entire planet on lockdown.
The exiles smuggled them out and now they work with the exiles to get back at the dominion who left them in their hour of need and to search for a way to reverse the tragedy of their people.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Mixxi

OK. Bit the bullet and signed up for beta. Bah. I am curious about the buzz that seems to surround the game. I haven't really felt it myself, though. Just not my visual style.

Askari

CHUA!!!   :pms   MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ahem, ummm... I will be making a Chua character. I wish I'd get a beta invite.

EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Gith

I get the feeling that beta is sorta small right now. I have been signed up for a while and nothing. I hope a bigger beta is coming sometime soon.

The Chua look hilarious. I think all Saga members should have to play a gang of Chuas.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

Im considering going mordesh female. I really like the feel of the exiles over all though.
The chua look terrifyingly like gremlins.

The beta looks to be pretty small. If anyone gets in, use a recognizable name so if more than one person gets in maybe we can all meet in the beta ( hopefully I get in soon or eventually to! )

One day some day sooooooon.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

I will probably be a Mordesh or Aurin female by the name of Tecta if and when I get into beta.

Still waiting on the last 2 classes but so far it looks like Spellslinger or Esper.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

"It's time for another Stress Test! Want to help break things? Keep an eye on your email this evening; 30,000 invites are being sent!"

Posted 3 hours ago on FB. Anyone get in?

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

I think stress test is also under nda but regardless I did not get a stress test invite :(
Next time!
—   
from Maya Angelou