News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Wildstar payment model announced and new release window

Started by Rumze, August 19, 2013, 06:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumze

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/19/wildstar-announces-hybrid-business-model-and-new-2014-release-wi/

Spring 2014 and it was summarized well on wildstar central:

To summarize what I feel are the important points:
* Subscription-based w/ monthly updates
* Players can buy CREDD at the official website, which is an item granting a month of game-time that can be sold to others, but via the commodities exchange which is like an anonymous stockmarket. To prevent overt abuse and manipulation, it can only be bought at the cheapest listing at any one time. One CREDD costs slightly more than subscribing regularly.
* No other cash-shop items. If they add a cash-shop, it will only be for cosmetics and convenience and, quoting "Not things that screw the players over.".
* Buying the base game (normal game cost) gives you three week-long passes so you can let friends try the game out.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/7690/WildStar-Revenue-Model-Revealed.html

This link also gives some details about the type of auction house system being implemented.
Like a stock exchange in their words:

The CX is unique in that when a player wants to buy a particular commodity, they will only  be able to buy that commodity at the lowest currently offered price, with no awareness of who's actually selling it.  Once the stock of that commodity at that price is gone, players will then be able to buy from the available stock at the next lowest price
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Vilidius

Quote from: Rumze on August 19, 2013, 06:10:49 AM
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/feature/7690/WildStar-Revenue-Model-Revealed.html

This link also gives some details about the type of auction house system being implemented.
Like a stock exchange in their words:

The CX is unique in that when a player wants to buy a particular commodity, they will only  be able to buy that commodity at the lowest currently offered price, with no awareness of who's actually selling it.  Once the stock of that commodity at that price is gone, players will then be able to buy from the available stock at the next lowest price

That's exactly the GW2 system.
Valquiss, EQNL - TBD
---
Qwalin, GW2 - Tarnished Coast
Vilidius Truthsayer, SWTOR - Sanctum of the Exalted
Valquiss Silverpalm, EQ1 - Firiona Vie, Retired
Kord, EQ2 - Antonia Bayle, Retired

Rumze

—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

Ive been pondering it but I came to the conclusion that eqnext will be my mmo of choice when it releases but until then Ill be playing wildstar when that comes out, preceded by eqnext landmark/gw2.

I really do like what they are doing with wildstar but they'll really have to knock my socks off .

I think wildstar will become my secondary mmo and Im going to keep it fun and light. I should be able to build up the characters I want and house I want with plenty of time before eqnext launches and by then itll be easy to pop on and do random stuff on my wildstar toons when Im not playing eqnext.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Vilidius

I'll check out Wildstar also.  With the GW2 market system and the "buy your gametime token as a commodity" option, I'll probably have it as F2P for as long as I want.  May not hold me, but I'll probably need a distraction waiting for EQN.

Of course, that depends entirely on when Landmark is released, and how robust it is.  If it actually has a gameplay aspect like Minecraft, it might hold me for quite a while on its own.
Valquiss, EQNL - TBD
---
Qwalin, GW2 - Tarnished Coast
Vilidius Truthsayer, SWTOR - Sanctum of the Exalted
Valquiss Silverpalm, EQ1 - Firiona Vie, Retired
Kord, EQ2 - Antonia Bayle, Retired

Rumze

Likewise.
While Im happy with the sub model, the wildstar game itself really needs to outshine the competition of final fantasy and Elder scrolls online to do well, otherwise it may not do well.

Eqn and landmark have stolen its thunder a bit for me. I wanted housing and customisation stuff and both are giving way more awesome tools and sandboxy feels then wildstars semi sandbox/themepark offerings.

We shall see. I very glad they pushed back the release date to polish it more.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Askari

Here it is directly from the horse's mouth:
http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/the-game/business-model/

I'm excited for Wildstar and want to play it, but a lot is starting to hinge on timing. I'm looking forward to a number of games in 2014, so it's becoming hard to predict what will consume my attention and money.
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Rumze

Yeah - it went from being the only thing on my radar to competing with lots of things especially considering it was pushed back a bit - which is great for polish but not so great for other reason.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

Yea ... spring 2014 will put it in competition with EQNext for guild attention won't it? Darn.

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne