News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Guild Leader / Officers?

Started by Gith, September 27, 2013, 06:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gith

I know Wildstar is still a bit away but we already have a guild leader and 5 officers for EQNext so I would like to take this time to see who is already interested enough in Wildstar to be an officer.

I think so far I am the most interested so I will put myself forward for guild leader or officer. I think we could use a leader and 2 officers. More officers if people think it is required.

Anyone else interested?

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Elly

I'm definitely down for some Wildstar, I'm not interested in GL, but would love to contribute in an officer capacity if needed.

My forte is gathering game info and putting it into easily digestible posts- newbie and class guides, etc. Not sure if Saga would do any recruiting for Wildstar, but I have experience there, also. Happy to help where ever I can be useful. :)

Rumze

I was very interested in wildstar but that interest has died down for eqn ( which arguably is a long way off ).
I can help in some capacity but it is witha definite casual play style ( at least that's what I think at this time ).

We can definitely has a saga circle set up though which is a social group . Guild formation takes a lot of work . You need to build up influence while groping with circle members and then use that to buy a charter.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Askari

WildStar will face some challenges from a Saga viewpoint.

1) Limited Interest and Serious Competition:
Personally, I love sci-fi games. I prefer them to fantasy, truth be told. But... between EQLandmark, EQN, and Elder Scrolls Online... WildStar is facing serious competition. Depending on how the gaming calendar shakes out, there may be very little presence in WildStar from current Saga members.

2) Hard-coded Faction:
Like RIFT, WildStar will have two hard-coded factions that are not obviously good/evil. Focusing in on the human factions, the Exiles definitely come off as more "chaotic good" than the Dominion. So an actual <Saga> tag would probably make more sense on the Exile side. But I'm sure there will be people like myself who want to spend a good deal of time on the Dominion side as well. So not only will there be limited Saga interest, but that interest may be split up between the game's two factions.

Here are the questions I think we need to ponder for WildStar:

Will there even be enough people to form a <Saga> chapter?
Will there be a consensus on which faction gets the <Saga> tag (Exile or Dominion)?
Will there be an affiliated alt-guild (like RIFT's Saga/Ex Machina and SWTOR's Saga/Gathering Storm)?
Will leadership be the same for both factions?
Will we recruit in-game and will we recruit for both factions/tags?
If we recruit, how will we ensure that recruits picked up in a "tongue-in-cheek", sci-fi MMO fit into Saga as a whole?

I am not saying any of these questions are unanswerable, nor any of the challenges insurmountable. I am just saying that these types of questions explain the difference between Saga's preparations between EQN/L and WildStar. For EQ, there is no doubt about a large Saga interest and we have a great deal of experience dealing with that type of game. WildStar is a bit more of an unknown.
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Elly

I don't think a lot of those questions will be answered until we have more of an idea when the release dates are for both Wildstar and EQN.

Wildstar (hopefully) may be out in late Winter/Spring 2014. If EQN isn't out until 2015 or late 2014 that gives a good six month time to explore everything we want to explore in Wildstar.

Some of the benefits of the game include some interesting new gaming systems and cutting edge PVE content for those of us who love a good dungeon.

I envision playing Wildstar and EQLandmark concurrently.

The closest thing to blue side is the Exiles, which makes the set up similar to TOR. One way to approach it is to be mainly Exiles but have 'redside nights'. It worked well for the Hammers when we were in TOR.

As for how many people will be playing, hard to say. I know Ethawn and I are interested, Bael expressed an interest to us as well.

While the game has 'tongue-in-cheek' elements, I don't think it would translate into any different kind of RP than it did in say, WoW, which has some goofy immersion breaking stuff like NPC's named Harris Pilton.

I'll be happy if enough Saga'ites play so that we can get some good dungeon groups going, I'm not overinvested in the idea of having to have a formal Saga branch. Hopefully we'll know more by Christmas. :)

Rumze

After thinking about it, I know I'll definitely by playing and I'll be up for an officer position while we get into the guild and game . I won't be up for reelection though for sure.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

Quote from: Rumze on September 27, 2013, 01:47:12 PMYou need to build up influence while groping with circle members and then use that to buy a charter.

I like groping  :D lol

Anywho. I think we will have enough people to form a <Saga> even if we only have 5-10 members.

I automatically assumed <Saga> would be Exile. Saga is inherently good so if people want to play Dominion they can create an alt guild. I am interested in officer/leader of the Exile main <Saga> guild. So I guess leadership would be different. Or simply one officer takes charge of the Alt guild?

I don't think Saga will see another recruitment drive like the one Vilidius did for us all for SWTOR. That was truly amazing and brought some awesome people into the fold of Saga. Iunno what people want to do about recruitment for Wildstar. Consensus?

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Elly

When Ethawn and I led the SWTOR Hammers, our redside guild had the same officer structure as blue side. There were people who decided to solo over there whenever they felt like, but mostly we encouraged something along the lines of 'Darkside Wednedsays' where everyone knew at least the GL and officers would be over there, and that there were probably enough for dungeon runs. If someone needed an invite to the redside guild, they'd just give a shout out blueside, and someone who go let them in.

The Hammers were always 'good' aligned too. We wanted to experience the storylines redside, so our RP hook was that our redside characters were undercover agents of some type gathering intel. I've seen some Wildstar Dominion guilds use this concept of being 'rogue' while still ostensibly Dominion.

Honestly, I get uncomfortable with people that feel the need to RP evil. So hopefully if Saga does decide to open up a mirror guild people can hang their hats at, there is a similar 'fighting the power from the inside' kind of vibe to it.

I think you will have a better handle on answering the recruiting question when the Wildstar hype machine starts back up, and a release date is more in sight. Many MANY people are using Wildstar as a waypoint to fill the time before EQN, and you could even consider stating in a recruitment message that it is the guild's ultimate destination.

Askari

I haven't seen enough from WildStar to convince me that Exiles are necessarily "good guys"...

The Granok are a race of ass-kicking mercenaries. The Mordesh are alchemy-abusing space zombies. The Exiles in general are described as "refugees, mercenaries, and outlaws", which could be good or bad depending on the contracts taken and laws broken.

I'll admit it would be easier to play a "good guild" on the Exile side, because of the past associations of rebels and outlaws with the "good side" (e.g., Rebels in Star Wars, the crew of Serenity in Firefly). But I feel like WildStar tries to give sides that are more "grey" versus "dark grey". Or Order (in the form of totalitarian government) versus Chaos (in the form of rebellion and individualism).

Don't get me wrong, they've definitely painted the Mechari as totally ruthless and the Chua as psychotic (in a cartoon villain manner), but I feel it would be pretty easy to play a good guild or evil guild for either faction if one wanted to.

Anyroad, I'm perfectly fine with <Saga> being a good-based Exile guild, and agree that Exiles is the more obvious choice for Saga. I just threw the question out there because I've been surprised by players in the past. I had assumed Defiants would be the Saga guild in RIFT and people ended up gravitating towards Guardians as the "good guys".

There's a good chance I will still be on a career hiatus if the game drops in Q2 2014, so I will likely be playing an obscene amount of hours/day. The Chua make me laugh... so I may solo a Chua Spellslinger Scientist in my spare time, and I could be in a position to found/lead a Dominion alt guild, just to provide a place for Dominion alts. I'm perfectly happy making that just an alt guild (no recruiting) to provide a guildchat channel and guild bank for Dominion alts and the occasional "Dominion Night".
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Rumze

For recruitment , I think we shouldn't really go out of our way but if we come across someone who we like, and likes us and wants to be part of the greater saga family , aka more than just friendslist and wants an online home, then we can recruit them.
Its always the unexpected friends you find that end up being diamonds in the Aladdin.
—   
from Maya Angelou

PinkRose

Saga Guilds usually form as we get people interested and excited about a game.
At this time, there doesn't seem to be the level of interest that other games have shown.
However, if that does happen, I would nominate you for Guildleader.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Gith

Regardless of how many people we have on board for launch I would like to get <Saga> going right away. If it happens that we need to join up with other guilds to do stuff so be it.

BUT, if you guys watched the demo reel about War Plots, it would be awesome if we had a ton of Sagaites around to make one and go to war with 25 of us :D

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

PinkRose

Getting a <Saga> tag in-game is definitely doable. I know how naked I feel playing a game without it.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Gith

I wish to revisit this issue in the light of a December BETA being announced. Hopefully everyone will get into the BETA but if we don't all we should at least have some officers and a guild leader picked out so hopefully one of them gets into the BETA and we can get the <SAGA> tag going.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

PinkRose

At this time, I'm only seeing 4 people interested.
That's not really enough for leadership at this time.

Gith

I was talking to people on Mumble today. More people are expressing interest in playing Wildstar. Hopefully enough to get a good group going. We will see how many people vote on the poles to get an idea of numbers interested.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_