News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

*pushes Anaris into the door*

Started by Lyrima, October 29, 2006, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrima

Yo, outta the way, princess. 

*stops short*

Oh, sorry. thought ya was the Princess.

*shrugs*

All ya high elves look alike.

*strides past, heading for the keep*
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Anaris

*gasps and shoots her Wystro's Daggers of Death Stare (tm)*

How dare you?!  Have you absolutely gone blind with madness?!  I am Lady Anaris Astyrhim!  Saga's Premier Illusionist!  I do NOT look like any other Koada'dal!  Just look at this robe!  This hair!  The finest!

*stares incredulously at the perpetrator*

Inconceivable!

Jasyn!  Fetch me that gnome with the magic spectacles!  Somebody here needs their vision restored!

*huffs and flips her hair*

EQ2: Luxelen, Anaris, Nixabella   GW2: Aramaia.4365

Jasyn

* Jasyn bolts upright and slowly puts down his mug.

Uh oh.  Anaris?  Heh.  Oh.  Um...

* Jasyn fidgets and swivels away from the bar.

Yeah.  The gnome with the magic spectacles?

* Jasyn looks for the nearest gnomish pirate.

Ain't ya just described, like, half the population of the Baubbleshire or somethin'?

* Jasyn notices Lyrima and attempts to divert attention away from himself.

Oh!  Howdy Lyrima!  Good to see ya!

* Jasyn evaluates his options for an exit strategy.

Anaris

*eyes Jasyn up and down*

Lyrima?  Is that its name?

*turns to Lyrima*

Well, Miss Lyrima, take back what you have incorrectly said or I will find you a gnomish magic spectacle so you can see better before you decide to knock someone over while entering the tavern and on top of that dare to say that I look like my other brethren!  The nerve!

*turns away, then turns back again*

And may I remind you, spectacles aren't very attractive when worn in public!  Not that I would know, I mean, I have perfect vision naturally, but I've seen others wearing them!  Quite awful actually!

*looks at Lyryma's cuticles*

Oh my, not nearly as awful as those... Pray tell, darling, have you had a manicure lately?.......or ever?

*stares in shock*

Lyrima

*returns Anaris' stare a moment*

Wha..?

*turns to Jasyn* Yo! How ya doin' Jasyn?

*swings back to Anaris with a determined smile*

Yo! *thrusts out hand to be shaken*  I'm Lyrima Vakhar, Ranger of 40 ranks in the Tunarian Alliance 'n a Vet of Saga. *determined smile relaxes into a truly warm grin*

Good to meetcha, Anaris!

*allows her hand to dangle a moment*

*green eyes shift to Jasyn before quickly returning to Anaris*

*closes eyes, allowing her head to lower a moment while she laughs a moment*

Aight. This here's what'cha do.

*takes Anaris' lovely, dainty, perfectly manicured hand into her own battle roughened, hang nailed hand*

*shakes vigorously*

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Alirrin

Quince watches from the bar and chuckles softly.  Seeing a perfect opportunity, he pulls a small jar out from below the counter.

"Heyya, Lyrima!  Just the person I was looking for!  I have a new batch of cookies here, and the only person around was Anaris.  I know *she* wouldn't be interested in testing them for me, so looks like you get the honor!"

EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Solerei

Solerei *pops her head in*

Did someone say cookies? *pointy ears perky*

*sees Anaris*

Heyla, Master Q, did ya get a new bar wench?

Alirrin

Barely suppressing a bout of giggles, Quince replies to Solerei:

"Why yes!  Ana, please take some cookies over to Sol, won't you dear?"

Anaris

*looks around to everyone from Jasyn, to Lyrima, who's now shaking her hands, then back to Quince, and Sol, then back to Jasyn and Lyrima*

What....  HAS EVERYONE GONE MAD!???

*nervously and quickly smiles at Lyrima*  Yes yes, darling, pleased to meet you as well...  Indeed, we will do something about the calluses, I've the perfect trea...  QUINCE!  I HEARD THAT!!!

*glares at Quince and summons her Personae Fabiana*

Fabiana?  Did you hear what he said?!  I go away on a spa retreat and come back to find a tavern gone mad!  He's asking me to serve someone!  The nerve!   ooooh....cookies......

*a look of glaze overcomes the High Elf as Quince slowly waves the cookie jar in front of her*

Solerei

*kicks her boots up on the table*

Any chance of getting any of those?  And...just a bit of advice...if ya go wth a little lower cleavage on the dress, ye'll probably get better tips outta Jas and Tal.  Flann's likely to just drool, na matter.

*slight whine* Master Q, the new girl's slow!

Alirrin

Enjoying this far too much, Quince falls off the bartender's stool and rolls on the floor, giggling.

Lyrima

*looks down at her hands, a small frown between her black brows*

I don't see nuthin wrong with my hands.

*holds them up, palm out, to Jasyn*

D'ya?

*looks at them again, pondering*

Cookies?

Mmm. Cookies!

*swipes jar from Quince*

I love ya's cookies, Quincy! *stuffs handful into her mouth*

Wan thome, Thol?

*grabs a second handful before passing the jar to Solerei*

*double takes at Anaris' soulful expression*

*swallows*

Yah, they're that good. Want some?

*generously holds out a palmful of cookies, green eyes straying to Sol's ownership of the jar*

Quick, 'cause she eats 'em fast. *pushes cookies at Anaris*
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jasyn

* Jasyn snatches a cookie, dunks it into his ale mug and munches.

Mmm MMM!  Better grab some, Anaris.  They're goin' fast.  S'good down home gypsy bakin', ya know.  Hey.  Seeakin' of gypsies... ya ought'ta see all the Flutterfoots that've been comin' to visit the tavern since ya's been gone on ya's spa retreat or whatever.  I think they all musta come to meet ya 'n stuff.

* Jasyn takes another bite from his cookie and washes down the final few crumbs with a swig of ale.

Alirrin

Quince recovers from his gigglefest and pours himself a mug of ale.  "Jasyn's right, Ana!  You missed Granny while she was here, and now my cousin Henderson is in town!  If you're lucky, he'll drop by and you can meet him, too!  He can show you some real gypsy charm, he can!"

Anaris

*feeling absolutely helpless and obviously outnumbered, slowly take a cookie out of the jar and sits down*

Well....  I.... I just don't know what to say.....  It must be a conspiracy against me!  I can't be gone for long, apparently... All turns to madness and mayhem unless I am here to keep modesty and order in check!  And the Flutterfoots?! They were here?!! You have a grandmother?!  Did she steal anything?!!  Oh dear!  Madness, I tell you!  Where is Caladril when you need him?

*sighs*

*slowly nibbles on the cookie*

*looks at Sol and assumes her regal air*

And how dare you think I'm a tavern wench, or even suggest that I reveal more of my decolletage!  Clearly you do not know who I am, child!

*gasps and freaks out at the sight of a cookie crumb falling on her robe*

Fabiana!  Quick!  A napkin!

*Fabiana is lost in her reflection on the window*

FABIANA!

*sighs*  

That's it... I need a drink...   JASYN!  The usual!

Solerei

*stares, bemused, over the cookie jar at Anaris*

.oO(child?)

Now...while I'm appreciatin' yer fondness, I'm fairly sure ye're not me Ma.  Fer all that Da woulda mentioned...and Ma woulda mentioned...and I'd nae be half human and all. 

*licks cookie crumbs off her lips with a too-dry tongue*

And as fer callin' ya a tavern wench, it's clear yer not qualified yet, tis true. Ye need ta be a bit quicker with the beverages!  Ye look like a spry lass! Up ye go! I'll hae a milk, please. 

*wraps a protective arm around the cookie jar*   

Not me who eats 'em so fast, Lyrlyr! Truth! It's you!

Jasyn

* Jasyn blinks.

I... uh... yeah... um...

* Jasyn looks around at everyone else and starts whispering.

She's been gone so long.  I can't remember what her 'usual' is.  What's her usual?
Anyone remember?

Kiaria

*sweeps into the Tavern*

Greetings to thee! Greetings to ALL of thee!

*gracious smile to all*

*stops short*

Lady ANARIS! Darling!

*gathers Anaris in for a warm, if delicate, hug*

Jezerai

*strides in, her boots caked in mud and a smudge of ... something unidentifiable on her cheek*

*stopping, she spies Solerei with the cookies first*

Sol!  Greetin's and pass some of them ova hea, will yer?  Ye owe me afta draggin' me arse all ova Bonemire killin' buggies!

*eating a cookie, she looks around, finally spotting Kiaria and Anaris, she freezes mid-bite*

Kia!  Ana!  We ain't seen yer 'round hea in AGES!

*striding over, cookie crumbs and other bits too fierce to mention covering her tunic, she embraces both elves vigorously*

Quince!  Why be the gels standin' 'round with nothin' ta wet their lips, like?  Can we gets a round of ale?

*turns back to Kiaria*

Took yer suggestion, lass, bout tha salon.  How ye like what they did with me hair?
EQ2: Boudeccai, Callysta, Dulcette, Mabb, Missa, Kudzoo, Negghia, Alanni
SWTOR: Jezerai, Callysta, Jujule, Myrriam, Catta, Temi'ana
TSW: Kud-zu, Teasel

Solerei

*decides that, despite her hold on the cookie jar, she's gonna lose 'em anyway*

*sighs*

*gets up and goes back into the kitchen to get her own milk*

*returns, replete with milk mustache*

So, she doesn't work here? *gestures at Anaris with a cold mug of milk* 

*upon closer inspection, discovers that Bou has smudged both Kiaria and Anaris*

Bah, lemme getcha cleaned up there.  *dabs a corner of her sleeve in her milk and starts mopping away at whatever she can reach on the messy elves*