News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Home?

Started by Nina, November 12, 2006, 07:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namae Nai

"Yes, I'm curious about that too. You were in Elsbet's bakery in Shadow Haven... and you were suddenly here back in Qeynos, some several hundred years later?"
Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!

PinkRose

* Nina grabs her brew and downs it in one large dwarven gulp.
Now, I aint tellin' ya all nothin' with that Ogre 'ere.
I aint understandin', if this is the Saga Tavern why ye let 'im in 'ere.
Jus' las' week, I was out killin' the gnolls outside. An' had to take out an Ogre that decided he was gonna assist the smugglin' ring.
* The Priestess looks around at those that continue assembling. She sits up on a bar stool, next to the ranger, Jasyn. A fellow drinker, for sure. Atleast some things have stayed the same.
I'm guessin' this be somethin' that Brell has done fer some cruel reason. O' maybe The Greatfool done it ta me fer fightin' in his realm. Either way. I need ta know what's goin' on in 'ere, and out there b'fore we figure anythin' else out.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Sunbeam

Sunbeam gets a fizzlepop from the bar and looks sternly at Kanina and Jasyn.  "BEERS MAYK YOO NOT THINK GOOD!  MOMMEE TOLD ME NOT TO DRINK BEERS!"

Sitting down at his usual (well reinforced) chair, Sunbeam takes a big swig, and then wrinkles his nose and giggles. "I LYKE FIZZIE-POPS! THEY MAYK MY NOSE TICKL!"

Quote from: XO of SAGA on November 15, 2006, 10:26:52 PM
Either way. I need ta know what's goin' on in 'ere, and out there b'fore we figure anythin' else out.

"OH! I CAN TEL YOU THAT!  YOO SEE, I WAS GROWD UP IN FREEPORTS, BUT EVREEONE THERE IS MEEN TO ME!  I MEET A MOUSEY-MAN HOO TELL ME I CAN GO TO KEENOWS AND LIV WITH NYCE PEEPLS! THEN I DO SOME THINGS FOR THE MOUSEY-MAN, THEN A NOME TAYKS ME TO HAYVEN, AND THEN I MEET FLEEZ AND JAYSIN AND LIRMA AND THEY TEL ME I CAN BE IN SAGA IF I PROOV TO KWEEN THAT I AM NYCE AND WANT TO HELP KEENOWS AND SO I DID AND NOW I AM IN SAGA AND HAV LOTS OF NYCE FRENDS WHO ARE NOMES AND HYUMANS AND HAFFLINGS AND DWORFS! AND NOMES!"

Sunbeam takes another swig of his fizzlepop and giggles again.  He belches loudly and proudly.

"I LYKE FIZZIE-POPS!  AND NOMES!"

PinkRose

Yer dumber then rocks that I used ta eat when I was growin' up in the Karanas, but yer definately not like them Ogres I used ta know. An' kill.
* Kanina turns to those in the crowd with brains larger than a radish and address them.
So evil is good. Is good evil? An' Saga's still good? Who's herdin' the cats?
Namae, why are ye 'ere? An' is there anyone else aroun' that was aroun' when I was aroun'?
An' ye two, dismissing the "children" what brings ya ta Saga? How many are ye?
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Namae Nai

"Actually, another Priest.. Flann Wentuck of Errollisi leads Saga now. Saga is still good, Nina, but the idea of what defines good and evil has changed. Anyone that swears allegience to good Queen Antonia Bayle of Qeynos is playing on the side of light, and on the side of the dark is a name you'll recognize... Sir Lucan deLĂ©re of Freeport." Namae explains, "I know this won't comfort you over much, but Kuladen still lives. Gneen still makes his rounds. Gwenae, and Sendiwen yet live... I've not seen Elsbet or Talethia since last we parted in the Plane of Storms. I did look for all of you when Master allowed me to return to this world. It is my hope that most of the others became locked safely away in New Tanaan when the Gods and Goddesses sealed the Planes." She conjures up another round for everyone with an empty mug.

Anaris

QuoteI aint understandin', if this is the Saga Tavern why ye let 'im in 'ere.

That is exactly what I said when I noticed it the first time!  Well, only with a little more eloquence, of course.

*grins as she waltzes in the tavern, head held high and regal, eyeing Nina up and down*

You may be a Dwarf, but at least we've got something in common!

*raises an eyebrow toward Sunbeam, who goes on a random tangent in very broken Common speak*

Quote"I LYKE FIZZIE-POPS!  AND NOMES!"

*turns to Sunbeam*

When you say you like Gnomes, do you mean you eat Gnomes?  Because if you do, that is fine, they are an overpopulated small breed.  But please stay away from Banco, as he is my pet and it would take forever to train another one.  Understood?

*gives Sunbeam a condescending nod*

*raises another eyebrow over at Missa, notices how pretty Missa is, and is determined to dislike her forever for this insult to her person*

Jasyn darling!  Who is your little friend?

*overhears something Namae is telling the dwarf about being the original Saga leader*

*turns to Nina*

Oh my!  Why darling, why didn't you SAY so!  It is an honor and a privilege for you to meet me meeting you! 

*walks over to Nina and does a reverent bow*

I am Lady Anaris Astyrhim, premier Illusionist of Saga!  But you may call me Lady Anaris, or Lady Ana, since you are such a pleasant-looking Dwarf... My, my!  I have never seen a Dwarf look even remotely handsome!  You have rather soft features for a Dwarf, surely you must be mixed with some sort of prettier race...  All the ladies of Graystone Yard must be lusting after you...

*flutters her eyelashes coquettishly at Nina and extends her hand for Nina to kiss it*

EQ2: Luxelen, Anaris, Nixabella   GW2: Aramaia.4365

PinkRose

* Nina chokes on her beer!

Sunbeam

Quote from: Anaris on November 17, 2006, 10:42:22 AM
Quote"I LYKE FIZZIE-POPS!  AND NOMES!"

When you say you like Gnomes, do you mean you eat Gnomes?  Because if you do, that is fine, they are an overpopulated small breed.  But please stay away from Banco, as he is my pet and it would take forever to train another one.  Understood?

Sunbeam giggles at Anaris.

"SILEE ELFEE! NOMES IS PEEPL! WE DONT EAT PEEPLS IN KEENOWS! I LYKE NOMES CUZ THEY IS SMART AND THEY MAYK THINGS AND THEY ARE SMALL AND KYOOT!"

He looks at Kanina.

"SO YOO HELPD MAYK SAGA WHEN IT START?  THAT WAS A GUD THING TO DO!  THANK YOO FOR MAYKING SAGA!"

He gets a look of inspiration and starts digging in his bag.

"I NO! I SHUD MAYK YOO A THANK YOO PRESENT!  I MAYK YOO A NEW PRETTY DOLEE AND NYCE CLOSE FOR IT TO WERE!"

Quote from: XO of SAGA on November 17, 2006, 11:14:59 AM
* Nina chokes on her beer!

Sunbeam looks concerned.  "I AM A HEELER! I WIL HELP YOO!"  He quickly waves his hands, speaks a few words of what must be Oggrish, and Kanina is briefly covered in vines and leaves as his healing spell takes effect.

Anaris

*gasps*

Oh darling!  I know I'm beautiful and I'm flattered that you are choking over me, but you must keep your composure!  Here, let me...

*pats Nina on the back*

Oh my, what a sturdy Dwarf you are, sir!

*grins appreciatively*

Oh, and Sunbeam darling?  *sounds as if she weas speaking to a five-year-old*  Gnomes are not people.  Nothing that small can be a person.  They can't have a soul, where would it fit?   They are pets, like companions and tigers....

*nods wisely, then turns to the handsome Dwarf*

Better, darling?

*smiles sweetly*

Namae Nai

"Hello Lady Anaris." Namae gives her a wave and a friendly curtsey.

"Oh yeah! Wystro is still around Nina... almost forgot until his female counterpart..." she points at the elegantly attired Anaris, "Walked in."

"Umm.. don't choke?"

Lyrima

*sits back and watches the interactions unfold with great enjoyment*

*decides to intercede on the poor lass' behalf*

Ya know, ya remind me of my first Leader here in Saga.  His name is Katu. Katu... umm.. Redbeard. Yah.  'N he had family, here, too,  by the name of Grimmy Redbeard.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

PinkRose

Bah!
Get these leaves offa me.
Lady Anaris, I aint no, I'm, hmmm,
* Nina trys to choose her words correctly.
I'm as much a lady as ye are.

Us dwarven lasses like to look good an' those of us that care abou' our heritage grow a full beard.
Please tell me that in this place o' time ye all aint got clean shaven dwarves.

* She quickly turns towards Jasyn when she hears the name Reddbeard.
Ye know a Reddbeard? They gotta be kin o' mine. They aroun' anywhere?

An' ye say Wystro is aroun'? Bet he aint happy with Miss Priss 'ere, Aye?
* The Cleric takes a moment to survey the tavern. Noticing others in her that she had missed. Her green eyes make out what appears to be a few gnomes, a few humans, elves, a,a, is that a rat, she thinks to herself. A warm place, cozy, except for that corner there.

So many questions. First I gotta figure out why I'm 'ere. An' if me necklace works o' not.
* Nina reaches into her breastplate to retrieve Brell's Necklace o' Brew, watching Jasyn's eyes glaze over as she refills her mug. And his.

Anaris

QuoteI'm as much a lady as ye are.

Oh...?

*pauses and thinks about this for a moment, looking utterly confused*

*blinks and suddenly realizes everything and beams a smile at Nina*

Ooooooh!  I understand now....  I completely understand!

*winks at Nina*

But darling, do not worry at all!  Saga is very friendly and very very open-minded to those of......different tastes...  We've come a long way since!  Quite progressive, we are!  You will find that everyone is very accepting and will welcome you with open arms, regardless of your, um.....preferences.....

*smiles sympathetically*

And I will be delighted to see that you find your way through the rainbow district near the Eldarr Grove...  That is where most of your, um, kind spends their time at....  Near the spa, of course...  And they come in all shapes and sizes!  Half Elves, Barbarians, other Dwarves...  They all frequent those taverns....

*whispers to Namae*  You didn't mention he was of, um, queer taste!  He even refers to himself in female tense!

Namae Nai

Quote from: XO of SAGA on November 17, 2006, 07:11:21 PM
Bah!
Get these leaves offa me.
Lady Anaris, I aint no, I'm, hmmm,
* Nina trys to choose her words correctly.
I'm as much a lady as ye are.

Us dwarven lasses like to look good an' those of us that care abou' our heritage grow a full beard.
Please tell me that in this place o' time ye all aint got clean shaven dwarves.

Quote from: Anaris on November 17, 2006, 08:30:21 PM
*whispers to Namae*  You didn't mention he was of, um, queer taste!  He even refers to himself in female tense!

"Actually.. uhh.. Nina... one second." The druidess leaps off her stool, and floats down gently astride Anaris.

Turning to speak privately with the high elf, Namae cautiously whispers, "She isn't. She's a super traditional dwarven religious fundamentalist. Of Brell. I'm not surprised you haven't seen one, I think they broke the mold when they made Nina. You're looking at what all dwaven women would look like if they never shaved their beards off. Which all of them except Nina do." Pausing to let Anaris consider this thoughtfully, she adds very slowly and carefully, "She really is a girl. I've bathed with her before. She's not making it up. Be glad elven women have no facial hair. Not all races are like Elves."

Returning to her stool, Namae answers Kanina, "The faith of Brell has waned considerable after Kaladim's fall, actually. Very few dwarves maintain the dignity of their race anymore... but perhaps that's why you're here now?"

Quote from: XO of SAGA on November 17, 2006, 07:11:21 PM
* She quickly turns towards Jasyn when she hears the name Reddbeard.
Ye know a Reddbeard? They gotta be kin o' mine. They aroun' anywhere?

"So you admit it Miss K'val! You and Delwood! Aww... I would have given my singing voice and left seven lute strings to see THAT!" Then struck by that, she thinks to herself sadly, I suppose.. I did, at that....

Jasyn

Uh.  It's a beard?  (*glances at Kanina's chin again*) Oh.  Yeah, I knew that.

* Jasyn quickly pockets the cloth he dangled in offerring.

QuoteYe know a Reddbeard? They gotta be kin o' mine. They aroun' anywhere?

Uh.  Yeah.  There's Grim... 'n that other one.  The big guy who hates everyone 'n can't see nothin'.  Sorta.

QuoteAn' ye say Wystro is aroun'? Bet he aint happy with Miss Priss 'ere, Aye?

I know him too!  Yeah.  I think she (*points at Anaris*) was studyin' under him or somethin'.  So she could be as good as him 'n stuff.  Or somethin' like that.

Quote* Nina reaches into her breastplate to retrieve Brell's Necklace o' Brew, watching Jasyn's eyes glaze over as she refills her mug. And his.

* Jasyn draws his attention to the necklace.

Ooh.  What's that?  Oh yeah.  By the way, howdy.  M' name's Jasyn. Ya can call me Jasyn.  Most folks do.  Unless... well, uh, ya can call me Jasyn.

Anaris

*after listening to Namae's description of Nina, she feels a knot on her throat and her eyes start to swell up with tears*

Oh.......oh!  You poor, poor thing!  My Elven heart goes out to you, darling!  You poor thing!  I am soooo very sorry for confusing your birth defect for what I thought was signs of your masculinity!  Please accept my apology!  Oh dear!   I've never seen anything more sad since that poor troll with the three warts on her nose who came to the spa for help!

*dabs her silk handkerchief on her moistened eyes*

But darling, do not worry!  I own a spa!  And we can take care of that little birth defect!  By, um, Brell? Was that her god?   By Brell's word, I shall cure you of such an unfortunate misfortune!  Oh!  Come here, you!

*embraces Nina tightly, nevermind that her robe will be wrinkled....then lets go quickly before it actually does get wrinkled*

*smiles*

Namae Nai

Namae laughs musically, "Well, you're certainly welcome to try! However, I suspect Nina would sooner and more gladly part with an arm or leg before she'd go without a beard. You just have to love her the way she is, I think."

Turning back to the dwarf, she adds, "Katu and Grimaldo are your direct descendants in this time period. Katu especially will be eager to get to know you... he is obsessed with Saga history, and I imagine would love to meet his grandmother who could tell him all about it. I've also sent word to Renei to relay news of your arrival to Grimaldo. He's fighting to recover Kaladim as we speak."

Nina

Bah! Get off me, Elf!
What birth defect is she talkin' abou' Namae? She best not be commentin' on me beard.
* Nina runs her fingers through her luxurious red locks. And then turns to the rest of the room, even the gnomes.
So yer all Saga? The whole lot o' ya? An' ye still all fight fer good, huh?
Well that aint bad then.
When do I get ta meet the rest o' ye an' that leader o' yers?

Alanni

*strides in, nose twitching as she sniffs the air for cookies to feed her every rumbling sweet-tooth*

Ahoy there ye landlubbers!  I missed me dessert again, gots any cookies?

*waves and grins cheekily at Jasyn*

Heya matey!  How be me cabin boy?

*ignores Missa and Anaris as frilly and therefore unimportant*

*waves happily to Sunbeam*

*stops at sight of a strange dwarf*

Well shiver me timbers, a newcomer!  Seems ta me I heard of a pirate Redbeard sailin' these parts.  Always happy ter meet a feller piratey type! 

*stands arms akimbo, chest thrust out*  I be Alanni, Gnomish Pirate and Scourge of tha Seven Seas!  *winks at Sunbeam*  Pleased ta meet yer!

Jasyn

* Jasyn spins himself around on his stool, balls up his fist and shakes it at Allani, all the while trying to steady his now wobbling seat.

I ain't ya's cabin boy, 'Lanni!