News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

The Waiting Begins 7/13/02

Started by Saga Librarian, November 30, 2006, 10:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Librarian

Alora
Ressurection Goddess

Alora slips quietly into the Tavern. Her eyes are red and swollen from her endless crying. She picks up an overturned chair and sits down. Seeing herself sitting prim and proper with her knees together, arms folded on her lap and weapon by her side, forces a watery chuckle out of her. How many times has she wished to be bawdy and robust? A thousand? A million? Oh, but Mamma's lesson's are too ingrained.

Alora looks out the door of the Tavern, hoping to see the one she's looking for. A shadow causes her to turn her head. Is that my Finneas? No, once again it's just his ghost. How real it looks from the shy, pleased smile down to the tear stains on his shoulder. Alora turns her head to look out the door again.

This time a whisper of a noise from the other corner causes her to look. Tears start running down her cheeks again when she recognizes the sound. It's the sound of Finneas skipping along. Alora once again wonders if he was allowed to skip as a child, and if not, was that why he enjoyed that simple pleasure so much as an adult? She vows she will ask him one day, privacy and pain be damned!

Looking out the door for the third time, Alora sighs. Comforted by the ghosts, she makes herself more comfortable in the chair. Mamma said patience was a virtue; Alora sets out to test it.

The wait for Finneas begins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bippin Tenderfoot
Redeemed Rogue

Bippin sneaks into the Tavern invisibly, as usual. He finds the plave empty, save for Alora's figure sitting there quietly.
He stops hiding, appearing as if from nowhere, steps to Alora, and without a word, squeezes her tightly in his arms.

He then steps around the chair, and standing behind her proceeds to massage her shoulders and neck gently.

Minutes pass in silence, until Alora breaks it:
"Bippi..."
"shhh" he says, "I know".
"Let me keep you company while we wait".
They both return to stare at the doorway, which remains empty for a long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mixxi Bixiebane
Diva of Destruction

Mixxi crashes through the open door and stops dead when she sees Alora's stricken face. Her journey to an empty chair at Alora's table is a steady stream of muttered swearing. She grabs an ale from a careless customer at the bar and reaches the table. Slumping down in the chair, she begins to drink with great determination.

Shadow of Finneas MythHunter
Rake of Freeport

<Silent as a shadow Finneas drops from the rafters and wraps his arms around Alora.>

In a whisper " Did you miss me friends? I missed you."

Katryna Sowdier   
Shamaness of Saga

Katryna pushes on the door to the Tavern and walks in, not paying too much attention to what is going on; the only thing on her mind is wanting an ale. As she gets halfway in she senses something different and looks up, a smile spreads across her face.

"Finneas you are back, ye donna realize how much you were missed."

Katryna walks over to Finneas and gives him a big hug, then turns away quickly and walks to her table callin for someone to bring her a ale. With her face turned she wipes a single tear from her cheak and whispers a thank you for Finneas returning.

Mixxi Bixiebane
Diva of Destruction

Mixxi looks up in astonishment at the tall rogue with his arms around Alora. After a thunderstruck moment, she jumps to her feet and begins to pummel Finneas mercilessly around the knees.

"How dare you be gone so long!" she shouts between blows. "You rotten rogue! I'll teach you!"

At last, her fury spent, she steps back, breathing heavily, and looks up to meet his eyes. Her face crumples as she croaks, "Oh, blast it. Blast it, we missed you so."

Ntalliya
Elemental Mistress

Humming quietly to herself Ntalliya walks through the tavern door. She pauses a moment at the door to tell Clumpy to go wait outside. As she enters she glances around and notices Mixxi beating someone about the knees. Curious, she studies the man.
"Oh my.... FINNEAS!!"
Ntalliya rushes over to Finneas, jumps up and gives him a big hug!
"It is so good to see you again Finneas, you have been missed very much!"
Realizing she has interrupted Mixxi's pummeling, she lets go of Finneas. She regains her composure and looks at Mixxi.
"Oh, sorry to interrupt you Mixxi."
She gives Mixxi a hug and walks over to Kat's table.

Rake of Freeport

<Being unable to walk anymore, Finneas sits down and orders something strong.>

"So other than a whole lot of new faces and more strangers than you can shake a stick at. What is goign on these days?"

Bippin Tenderfoot
Caillou's Intended

Bippin steps in, takes a look around and stops dead in his tracks. He rubs his eyes, and takes another look.
"Finneas? is that really you?"
He shakes his head.
"We missed you, we missed you a lot old friend"
He walks up to the bar and picks up Finneas' order, and asks for another for himself. He takes both and sits beside Finneas and Alora, handing Finn his drink.
"What's going on? A lot. you wouldn't believe it. We are questing a lot now, finally getting to look for rings in the Eastern Wastes, I'm advancing my search for my father's betrayal, Hero bracers abound, and even Luclin is full of questers of Saga"
He takes a sip of the drink, nods appreciatively, and continues.
"The trades are blooming, we have more masters and grandmasters than ever before. And... love is in the air too, we had a wedding already, Rorack and Ntalliya finally jumped the broom, and a few more are in the offing"
Bippin smiles, wistfully, glancing at the door.
"Well, is that enough for you? no? so there are also raids we're part of, some parties who go to new places such as Sebilis, and the hole, Chardok and Karnor's Castle. Even the plane of air was visited by Saga, in search of some spirit Jebbar was after. So we're doing well, my friend, we're doing well".

Caillou Kyrielle
Bippin's betrothed

Caillou enters the tavern and stops at the doorway to let her eyes adjust to the darker interior. As her sundazled vision fades, she sees Bippin standing with his back toward the door. Before he can turn and see her, she slips inside and moves a little away from the door just as she sees him slightly turn to glance at the door. Giggling softly to herself she sneaks up to him, not really seeing anyone or anything else in the room. Reaching Bippin, without him noticing her, she wraps her arms around him and hugs him tightly.

"Hello, my heart," she says with an impish grin.

Rake of Freeport

Sounds like I am no longer one of the fore-runners in the guild. That should make life more interesting than it was before I was banished.

Bippin Tenderfoot
Caillou's Intended

Bippin hears someone step through the door, but as he turns to look, no one is seen there. He listens carefully, and can hear someone sneaking behind him. The rythm of the steps is familiar. He sniffs the air, and a little grin spreads on his face, as he recognizes the unique mix of scents that is Caillou.
He decides not to turn around, and wait for her move. He smiles happily when he feels her arms around him, and hears her words. He leans back into her, and lifts his head backwards until he can stare into her eyes.
"Hello my love, and welcome back. Have you met Finneas? A noble rogue of Freeport, and a fine companion.
Oh, and what should I get you to drink, darling?"

Caillou Kyrielle
Bippin's betrothed

Caillou smiles at Bippin and extends he had to Finneas. "Hello hello, I am Caillou, ranger of Tunare. I have heard things about you, so it is so nice to meet you."

Rake of Freeport

"Tis good to meet you M'Lady." Looks at Bippin and back. " It is good that Bippin has decided to give his attentions to just one elf rather than to all the pretty elves in Norrah. You must be someone very special and I hope to spend some time with you in the future."