News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Meditations on the World's End 9/9/02

Started by Saga Librarian, December 06, 2006, 10:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Librarian

Lord Denon

The world was green haze, and at the center of it all: one man stood. A young woman stood beside, bowing her head in supplication.

Without words, the man spoke, and his tone was acid and ambroisia. "So you see now, these humans, as you call them.. elves.. dwarves.. vah shir, you must see their true nature.

"Look again My servant, and watch as they fight hatred with hatred, thinking it is the way of peace. Watch even as some fight to conquer and rule, they submit in union to to each other. See hypocrisy.

"Look again My slave, and see their hearts. Look at the delusion, the belief that their is a Moral force at work in the world. Even as they praise their gods, and serve them they refuse to look at them.. look at them and see the gods in all their pettyness.

"For you are My eyes to this world, and you must see now what I cannot. You have attained some power, but it is insight that I desire. Understanding. Your new task is that: you must see this world with eyes unclouded.

"Remember well, mortal desire forged this world, and good and evil in all acts is applied ex pos facto. This shining world they have forged here reflects their true natures. See yourself, and believe."

The woman, still kneeling, responded, "I will." and the shroud of verdant lifted. She was now in a tavern, and sunk to her knees in tears, tears shed for the world. He was coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuladen
Greatest. Sexiest. Bard. Ever.

Kuladen sits in the sill of the bay window of the tavern, leaning against the side walll, his knees pulled up under his chin as he looks out the window. Rain splatters against the glass, flowing and combining into tiny rivers that race their way to the edge of the glass before leaping into the air one more time. A lightning flash-- Kuladen winces as he anticipates the thunder.

After a few seconds the low rumble of the peal crawls into the tavern and through it, and Kuladen opens his eyes again. He looks around at the nearly empty tavern, most of the regulars out enjoying the rain or cuddled up at home with a loved one.

He hops off the bay window-sill and walks towards the bar. He thinks idly as he looks around. 'We've had way too much rain lately. Karana must be upset at something.'

Thinking again of his friends at home with their loved ones, he sighs. 'What we need here is more women instead of rain.'

It is then that he trips over the suddenly appeared form of a crying girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katryna Sowdier   
Shamaness of Saga

From the back wall, Katryna raised her head just in time to see Kuladen stumble.

Kuladen, I think ye ave been drinkin too much falling over and such........

Kuladen
Greatest. Sexiest. Bard. Ever.

Kuladen picks himself up and looks around, to see if anyone saw him. He sees Katryna smile. He looks down at the girl, then back to Katrya,

"She was not here a minute ago"

Kuladen squats next to the girl, offering her his hand.

"Are you ok Miss?"

Katryna Sowdier   
Shamaness of Saga

Because of being in a tired state from not sleeping so well Kat did not see that which Kuladen referred to until he directed her attention to the girl on the floor.

Are ye alright there girl? I will get her an ale, help her to a seat there Kuladen.

Kat headed for the bar for an ale.