News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Hello - It hasbeen a few years

Started by Vilis, July 17, 2022, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilis

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe in these crazy times

I was gone a bit longer than I intended to be, (nearly dying kind of does that)
EQ1 - Villis
EQ2 - Viatus
Rift - Vilis/Charra/Charron/Maerliss et al

Jasyn

Wow, Vilis! It definitely has been a minute or two, hasn't it? It's good to hear from you. That last bit certainly sounds troubling :(, but I hope you're doing much better now.

Corsair

Hello Vilis!

Sorry to hear of the troubles...hope you are feeling much much better health wise. Makes it doubly good to see you walking the halls eh?
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Alirrin

Wow, hope things are looking up for you now!  :)
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

PinkRose

Why didnt ya come lookin' fer this cleric? I coulda helped ya out.
Glad ta have ya visit. Hope ya can stay awhile.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Vilis

----(-o
Finally was able to reset my password. I managed to move back to Seattle and over a good long while ended up as an SDET in Seattle at Starbucks.
Unfortunately I stuck with my gaming lifestyle from my teens to my 20s including the awful diet. I managed to give myself diabetes because carbs are just so wonderful. And while I was pretty on top of it for a while, I could not 100% give up on carbs and ended up having a near fatal stroke when I was having it I had no idea what was going on. I got up to get my iPhone because I knew something seriously bad was going on. But when I sat on th edge of my loveseat I must have fallen off. When i came to I was lying on the floor and couldn't get up or understand why. I did realize I was still holding my iPhone in my right hand and while I wasn't able to get up I was able to say "Hey Siri, call 911. Turns out I nearly died and was in the ICU for a while until I was transferred to the best skilled nursing facility in Seattle. I learned a lot there about recovery and definitely made some progress before going to the acute rehab facility when Covid was breaking out. I coughed once around a therapist Who got so worried I had Covid and I was then isolated and got the way up your nose swab where they get a bit of your brain before sending it East to get results. I did not have it. And when my incredibly short rehab there was over went to an adult family home which is a place where people get parked because they can't take care of themselves.
That's why I have been so quiet again for a few years.
EQ1 - Villis
EQ2 - Viatus

Vilis

Quote from: Vilis on December 26, 2023, 02:09:29 PMOne of the worst things was that I had bet running a mega long 5E campaign in the Midgard setting which had truly been a lot of fun with a lot of sessions having been just made up on the spot. At one time I was drawing up a map for the players and someone remarked "I wonder where this goes?"  I was thinking the very same thing as I had no idea myself. Definitely keeps you on your toes. I had a vague overall idea, but no details whatsoever.

Just to keep from being idle I started attending film school. When a friend of mine who is getting his masters as a producer asked if zi could write him something he could film. I said "of course!" But had no idea how you format a script. So I enrolled. I pitched him my idea which is a procedural meets cosmic horror for. He loves the idea, so I'm writing a TV series Bible for it and pieces for a pilot. I have good feelings something will come of it.
 ----(-o
Finally was able to reset my password. I managed to move back to Seattle and over a good long while ended up as an SDET in Seattle at Starbucks.
Unfortunately I stuck with my gaming lifestyle from my teens to my 20s including the awful diet. I managed to give myself diabetes because carbs are just so wonderful. And while I was pretty on top of it for a while, I could not 100% give up on carbs and ended up having a near fatal stroke when I was having it I had no idea what was going on. I got up to get my iPhone because I knew something seriously bad was going on. But when I sat on th edge of my loveseat I must have fallen off. When i came to I was lying on the floor and couldn't get up or understand why. I did realize I was still holding my iPhone in my right hand and while I wasn't able to get up I was able to say "Hey Siri, call 911. Turns out I nearly died and was in the ICU for a while until I was transferred to the best skilled nursing facility in Seattle. I learned a lot there about recovery and definitely made some progress before going to the acute rehab facility when Covid was breaking out. I coughed once around a therapist Who got so worried I had Covid and I was then isolated and got the way up your nose swab where they get a bit of your brain before sending it East to get results. I did not have it. And when my incredibly short rehab there was over went to an adult family home which is a place where people get parked because they can't take care of themselves.
That's why I have been so quiet again for a few years.
EQ1 - Villis
EQ2 - Viatus

PinkRose

That's awful. You should have let us know so we could help you out. We're in Seattle all the time so next time we're headed that way I may look you up.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.