News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Rejects 3/1/05

Started by Lyrima, June 26, 2006, 02:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrima

WrynAB
Trouble? Me?
Keeper of Faedra
(3/28/05 7:53 am)
Reply | Edit | Del  Re: Rejects
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awwwww lookie at the baby dadger! Wait...Doja?

*holds the badger up in front of her face and receives a baby badger kiss on her nose*

Ooo aren't you just the OOF!

*scrambles backwards as a very LARGE elephant appears in front of her and nearly takes off one of her legs*

Oh my...*purses lips* 
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Wystro:

A small, resplendently immaculate kitten licks a stray bit of fur back into perfect place -- he then walks over to a snifter of brandy lying sideways on the floor of the Tavern. His head gets stuck in the snifter.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Katu:

[font size=5]THAT BE ENOUGH!!![/font]
And the room comes to a halt.
This is not gonna continue. Pryce, Get yer baubles an' get outta 'ere.
Katu says a quick incantation and the spatula goes up in flames and quickly turns to ash in the elf's rucksack.
Jasyn, yer in charge o' gettin' that elephant outta 'ere. I donna care how.
Lyrima, go get Rosebud. Now. B'fore she becomes Emu steaks.
Wryn, wrangle that frog. Donna let 'im get stepp'd on.
Spunky, Ye in charge o' turnin' 'em back. Figure out somethin'.

An' the rest o' ye. Clean up this mess.

Now, where is Eyeballs? I need a drink.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Pryce:

Lovely, Katu, just lovely.  Keep in mind that I don't even know where I OOPS!

Although nothing can be seen, there's a sound not entirely unlike a high elf falling down the long flight of stairs leading up to the Tavern.  Faintly, a voice can be heard from the bottom of the stairs.

Oh.  There I am.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Aramaia
Spunky
(3/28/05 1:20 pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*chases after the immaculate kitty and tries to get its head out of the snifter*

Um.... Sir Katu? I.... I can't quite do much about turning them back to their original selves... And you've just destroyed the spatula... However.... I do have a female Ayr'dal group illusion! I can turn them all into Half Elven girls!

*grins evily*

*casts Group: Half Elf on the entire tavern* 
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Lyrima:

Lyrima crisply salutes the guild leader before hurrying after the lovely gnome turned meercat turned flaming emu.  As her sharp green eyes follow the trail of smoking feathers, she advances on the window through which the emu, Rosebud, escaped.

Her soft voice can be heard muttering in elvish as she dives through the window in pursuit, her woodelven features shifting to resemble those of Minya, her half elven sister.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Authroc:

A little while before Katu's outburst:

Acknaymin had often heard Leskin ramble on about the noble Frogloks and there galant deeds. But being turned into one of there distant cousins hardly felt either noble or galant. His imaculate scales had gone from duffy feathers to slimy skin! He never hear the end of it if any of his kin found out!

Suddenly a strange erge came over him. Just as Doja turned into a tremendous elephant in his beloved's lap and everyone turned to the comotion, the Iksar-turned-frog reached behind a barrel to produce a cane and top hat. Placing the hat on his head, he made sure no one was looking and began to sing and dance:[/i]

Hello my baby, hello my honey, Hello my ragtime gall.
Send me a kiss by wire,
Baby my hearts on fire!
If you refuse me, honey, you lose me
Then you'll be left alone, oh baby
Telephone and tell me I'm your ooooone!

Seeing some of the nearby heads turn just as he ended the tune he quickly threw the cane and hat behind the barrel and stared blankly at the puzzled onlookers.

Ribbit

Just then, the angry dwarf burst out in ager, fried the troublesome spatula, and demanded that things get back to normal.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Jasyn Talyngard
Ale.
I need an ale.
(3/28/05 7:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Rejects
Jasyn stares at Katu, dumbfounded.

"Get the elephant outta here? Who me?" He makes a wide-armed gesture as he glances once at the elephant and then back at Katu again.

"Alrighty," he relents with surprising swiftness.

He hops down from the bar stool and quickly dodges behind the bar and begins appropriating several scoops of something into a large empty sack.

Having finished up, Jasyn promptly exits the tavern with a sack of dry goods in tow, stopping briefly beside Katu along the way.

"Desperate times call f' desperate measures," Jasyn nods with conviction, flashing a knowing wink and a smirk as he departs.

Several minutes pass, and the elephant begins stirring anxiously. It seems he smells something wafting in from outside... a tempting, hearty, and full-bodied aroma. What is it he smells, you ask? He smells Jasyn brewing a large volume of dark-roasted, Antonican bean coffee... enough for the Queen's army... or a thirsty Dojaeni-pachyderm.

In the distance, from below, Jasyn calls out as something semi-musical chimes in unison, "Come-and-get-it!!"

The tavern patrons watch in horror as a very large elephant begins charging thunderously toward a comparatively narrow door...

Not that he could still be heard amidst the uproar, outside, staring up from below, Jasyn mutters worriedly, "Um. Uh oh."

Jasyn Talyngard
Saga of Antonia Bayle
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Pryce:

Pryce, his robes and hair a bit off, stomps back into the Tavern, distracted by trying to get his robes back into place.

Oh, well done, Katu.  Destroying the Spatula of Change will only OH SWEET TUNARE!

At this point, an attentive reader will have figured out that Pryce just noticed the elepant barreling down on him.

Fortunately, Pryce's reflexes were honed saving the buttocks of his friends in tight spots(sometimes successfully), so the illusionist wastes no time whipping out his wand and waggling it at the elephant.  Swirly rainbow lights revolve around the elepant's eyes, and it stops a moment before tramping Jasyn.

Suddenly, Rosebud, Dojaeni and Acknaymin don't change into anything.

Ahem.  As I was saying.  Destroying the Spatula appears to have frozen our friends into their current shapes.  Now, he says, preparing his wand for a spell, let's see if I can break this--

Why is the room full of half-elven women?

Two of the countless kittens in the room start climbing Katu's robe.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Pryce:

Hmf.  Well, then.

Pryce seems somewhat disturbed by his decreased height and increased busoms.  Nevertheless, he brings his wand to the ready, and begins ZINGing at various things in the room.

Zing!  And the elephant turns back into Dojaeni.

Zing!  And the frog turns back into Acknaymin... who looks somewhat disappointed.

Zi--.  Well, Rosebud the flaming emu isn't in the Tavern anymore.

Pryce points is wand at the kitten Anaris is fawning over, allowing the kitten's head to pop out of the snifter.

That... is not Wystro.  Although I think they'd be just perfect for one another.

Although I cannot restore Rosebud's form until Lyrima retrieves her, Anaris should be able to break the spell upon their return... a simple Dispel Magic, dear, works wonders.

And now there's just one more enchantment to break.

ZING!  Sparkles splash around the room, and the patrons of the Saga tavern turn from half-elven women into their rightful forms.

There.  That's just about every enchantment broken, and everything turned back to normal.  Now...

Pryce takes a deep breath.

I think we've all learned a valuable lesson today.

Pryce looks around in a panic, waiting for something to explode or some mischief to happen.  Nothing does, although the kittens are getting somewhat rambunctious despite Wryn's attempts to corral them.

Good.  Well, then, he says, picking up his rucksack and eyeing its contents dubiously, I shall return this to my study and see if I can salvage my jewelry from the hash Katu's spell made of it.

Oh, and by the way...  There was some gigantic bug-thing at the foot of the stairs.  Got squashed flat breaking my fall.  Someone should look to cleaning it up.

With that, Pryce casts a spell, sparkles, and vanishes.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Aramaia
Spunky
(3/30/05 2:12 pm)
* looks through her spellbook* Dispell Arcane..... Hmmmm.. That would be under A, B, C, D!

*scrolls down the list of spells alphabetically*

Nope, no, I don't have it under D... I just have Dress: Stain Off, Dress: Wrinkle Off, and Daunting Gaze... No Dispell Arc....Oh! I see it here, it's not aphabetically organized, it's under my "Ignore" section... I wonder why.....

*eyes the mess at the bottom of the stairs*

Oh oh......... Eyeballs? 
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Rosebud of Baubbleshire
(3/30/05 4:47 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: All Good Things
Outside the tavern in South Qeynos, Master-at-Arms Dagorel blinks in bemusement as a large, smoking emu rockets past him at top speed, then screeches to a sudden halt in the nearby fountain to cool its back side in the water.

The enormous bird makes a pleased sighing sound, as half a dozen disgruntled and displaced ducks give it dirty looks.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Lyrima arrives just behind the smoking, now steaming, emu.  Laughing with understanding at the relieved bird expression in front of her, the half elf ranger waits only a moment before encouraging the emu to follow her back to the Tavern.

Rosie? Rosie, I know you are in there somewhere.  Please follow me.

The green eyed beauty walks officiously toward the tavern.  Several strides later, she suspects, turns and confirms that the emu has no intention of following her.  Rosebud has now set to discussing with increasingly louder squawks at the outraged ducks the ownership and use of the fountain.

Pausing a moment to glower in frustration at the distracted emu, she yanks open her pack.  A slender hand dives into the jumble of loot, arrow parts and sundry items, casting about for something useful.  Her fingers close around a sack of consecrated bread her Darlin' Guthric, a Templar, had conjured for her the evening before.

A sudden smile illuminates her face, and she hurries back to the emu.

Roooosie! Rosebud! Look.  I have food....

So saying, she crumbles the bread, allowing the bits to fall to the ground as she steps backwards, again heading toward the Saga Tavern.  She growls in exasperation as the ducks, rather than the emu, leap to the breadcrumb trail and promptly start pecking away.

She glances up at the watching emu.

Ya just gonna to stand there and and let them eat your food?

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Rosebud of Baubbleshire
(3/30/05 7:07 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: All Good Things
The immediate crisis of burning tailfeathers resolved, the emu exits the fountain, pausing only to punt a nearby duck off into the distance.

Seeing Lyrima offering goodies, the emu moves to investigate, but turns up its beak on discovering the day-old crumbly bread.

Sniffing indignantly, it heads hopefully back to the tavern, whence the enticing smells of ale and rum appear to originate. 
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Lyrima:

Lyrima sighs in relief, not really blaming the Emu for her discriminating tastes.  The ranger trails behind, happy that Katu will finally have his wish.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Lyrima

Jasyn Talyngard
Ale.
I need an ale.
(6/23/05 8:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Rejects
In the midst of tranquility born in the wake of chaos, somewhere in a dark corner behind the tavern's bar, a playful kitten pounces on a stray sausage link.

(( I couldn't resist looking to see if this thread was safely tucked away.  )) 
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC