News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

History Lesson

Started by Vilidius, September 01, 2011, 09:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilidius

I was just lurking over at the TOR forums where I'm recruiting people as I'm able to.  As you've seen, we've got a slow but steady trickle of good recruits here.  Welcome again, btw!  My life is easier than it could be because we're offering something very specific.  Not many people are looking for what Saga has to offer, but those that are realize it fairly readily.  Anyway, there are quite a lot more ... generic ... guilds out there scrambling for people, and some of it's getting kinda heated.

More than anything, it's definitely a case of too many generals and not enough soldiers over there.  And it got me thinking about how Saga formed and where we come from.  I realized that we started as a guild first and found a leader second.  Tuppen, in fact, was a very reluctant leader and that's often the best kind.  Such a massive contrast from these "guilds" (in quotations because it's often one person) who are starting with the desire to lead first and trying to find followers second.

Just a shout out to Tuppen, everyone who was there, and Saga generally.  We've succeeded for so long, I'm sure, in large part because we keep ego out of it.  We're a guild that requires leadership - often coercing it from the least able to say "no."  That's very different from being someone's gang of followers.  And I think that's part of our strength.

Cheers y'all.
Valquiss, EQNL - TBD
---
Qwalin, GW2 - Tarnished Coast
Vilidius Truthsayer, SWTOR - Sanctum of the Exalted
Valquiss Silverpalm, EQ1 - Firiona Vie, Retired
Kord, EQ2 - Antonia Bayle, Retired