News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[SW-TOR] The delegation of Lhou'Drisol requests the honor of your presence...

Started by Mixxi, October 08, 2011, 07:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxi

Kit entered the room on Master Mori's heels and wasn't surprised to hear the Jedi's puzzled voice responding to the query. "I was under the impression that it was you who had something to tell to me. It appears that someone has stolen a group of Force crystals. What is being done to catch the culprit?"

Ducking her head to hide her grin--she knew the Master wasn't going to be a pushover--she caught sight of the armored soldier crumpled against the wall. A quick check revealed what Jhared had already ascertained. The fellow was knocked out but not seriously injured. Wouldn't hurt to have another strong arm facing down the Jedi, though, so she quickly delivered meds with a stim chaser. That should have him on his feet in seconds. He wasn't going to be too happy about the headache, though.

As to what had knocked the Trooper out...that was more troubling. That soldier-shaped dent in the wall looked like the work of another Force-user to her.

Jhared

He had not expected the jedi master to spill out everything at once, some resistance was usual. Maybe trickling the info out was the way to go and strike when the old man had told enough. Playing along and seeming to know someone's every answer was a common way to make criminals confess. Only problem was that they were out of time, if Jhared's suspicions were right then the one causing that soldier to go down was very likely to be the thief. But if the jedi knew anything, it could do wonders to the investigation. He decided to respond truthfully to the man. "The building is locked down. That, and the most viable escape route is in this section. However..."

The younger trooper took a small pause as he with a hand indicated at the damage the wall had taken and then Deydron who was being nursed by Kit. "As you can see one of our guardsmen are down."

He took another small break as he let the old jedi past him to the scene. It suited Jhared well, being between them and the door. "A Jedi or Sith did that. At least that is what I gather from it. Your opinion may prove valuable to this investigation. And if I am right, I may need help to take this one down."

He did not lie, not exactly, he just withheld some parts of the truth.

meatgrin

Deydron felt the stim hit his system and almost instantaneously felt the fog over his mind begin to lift.  The red light on his visor indicating extensive damage to his armor, Deydron realized that his armor had saved his life from this massive impact.  He also knew his back was going to be nothing more than a massive bruise too, well it came with the job he supposed.

He looked at the trio that now shared Air Circulation chamber 16-4, an attractive young woman with a faint Corellian accent, what appeared to be a Jedi talking rather excitedly, and a man in full battle armor discussing what Deydron supposed was the person who had thrown him into a wall.

The woman was fashionably dressed yet reasonably, not too over-stated, but also allowed her to possibly carry several concealed weapons if she chose to.  The Jedi seemed to be wearing what almost any other Jedi wore, plain unadorned robes of varying shades of brown.  Not that there was anything wrong with brown or lack of adornment, but it seemed to be some sort of Jedi programing  that they should all look exactly alike.

The man in armor was the one that caught Deydrons eye the most, not too tall nor overly bulky despite wearing full battle armor.  He carried himself with a certain lethal grace and economy of motion.  The insignia of a Special Forces Commando was on his right shoulder guard and his lack of visible rank insignia told him that he was on a higher pay grade than Deydron.

Deydron sighed quietly to himself before finally hauling hiself to his feet.  He retrieved his side arm and holstered it before turning to face the trio.  Even as he turned to face them the Commando had seen him stand up and seemed to be waiting for his report.

"Sergeant Deydron Tahl reporting sir,"  said Deydron in a somewhat tired but neutral tone.

The trio turned to look at him as the Commando said in a cool tone, "Whats your sit rep Sergeant?"

"I entered the room through the only other way into this room, the ventiliation duct, I stood up and the next thing I knew I was flying through the air like a rag doll," replied Deydron.

"So you didn't see anyone at all before you were flung into the wall?" said the Commando.

"No sir, I only had a vague feeling of not being alone and then there was a voice that said something like "Fools, always interferring in things you don't understand.", and then I was flying through the air."

"Are you fit enough to fight Sergeant?" said the Commando in what sounded for the first time like a neutral tone.

"Yes sir I am fit enough to continue, and I am pissed off and ready for round two, what are your orders" Deydron said strongly.   He suspected that just earned him a slight (very slight) nod of approval from the Commando. 

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. 

Jhared

(( Did you just god-emote my character Meatgrin?  :(  I do not want to make a big deal out of it, but it would nice if you contacted me in advance so we could figure something out. I do not bite. Much. :) ))

meatgrin

((My most sincere apologies if I did, it was late and I was writing off the cuff.  I have not been getting a lot of sleep for various reasons, so it is entirely possible that I did and didn't mean to.))

Jhared

(( Don't worry about it. I'm assuming the commando you took control of in your post is Jhared and there is no need to change it as it somewhat suits his character. In the future, it would be nice with a poke beforehand so we can talk it out. :) ))

Mixxi

Kit let the the other two exchange military pleasantries while she eyed the Jedi Master. He wasn't going to respond to typical interrogation techniques, that's for sure. Could she out-bluff a Jedi? Perhaps it was time to find out.

She stood up from where she still knelt by the dented wall panel and eyed the surface closely. "Definitely made by a Force push. Quite a strong one." She looked off into space for a moment and continued, as if to herself, "I wonder if... Excuse me a moment." Turning her back to the males, she did something complicated with her clothing for a moment. When she turned back to the dent once again, she held a small rectangle in her hand, about the size of her thumb. With a flick of her finger, the small object opened out into two small flat panels, one sitting above the other.

Kit looked over her shoulder at the Jedi. "Hope you don't mind me using this Temple prototype. I'm checking into something for one of the Council and she asked me to try it out." Before the Master could reply she held it close to the wall surface and thumbed the power tab. The lower screen glowed softly.

Mori moved close behind her, craning his neck to see the display. "I'm afraid I'm not familiar..."

"Don't worry, Master Mori," Kit interrupted him in a low, but penetrating voice. "I'm not going to divulge any Jedi secrets in front of them." Her shrugged shoulder took in the two armored males. "Now, just a bit of moisture to activate the residual aura charge..." She leaned forward and breathed gently on the dented wall surface directly below the device. She and Mori watched a blue glow wash upward and continue about half-way up the upper screen. "Just as I thought. Good thing I took a sample. And blue, too...not red...that's...interesting..."

Kit stood and pocketed the device before Mori could get too good a look at it. Jedi weren't known partyers, and she felt pretty confident that he would not recognize a micro-breathalizer, but you never knew. Good thing she'd had a drink earlier at the reception.

Mori was looking worried. "Blue, you say?" He fidgeted with his robes. "I think I'd better get back to a comm and inform the Council about what has happened. If you'll excuse me..." The Master turned and headed for the door, a little too quickly.

Kit gave her new armored friend a penetrating look, her eyebrows raised and asking the unspoken question, "You want to stop him or me?"

Jhared

"Don't move, jedi." Again it did not really sound like Jhared cared, but his voice did have a forceful quality to it. His rifle had gone up ready to shoot the moment Kit had given him the glare. So far she had proven somewhat useful, which was good. He had not exactly recognized the device Kit had used just seconds before, but then again there was no reason he should. However, he did know she was lying which was enough to assume that the device was probably not a prototype.

"You want to go away a little too fast." He continued. "There is something you are not telling us. And I have a feeling it is vital to this investigation."

Jhared knew he would not be a match to the jedi master alone, but with the help of Kit and Deydron the three might stand a chance at least either scare the man away from acting hostile or take him down if absolutely necessary. "I suggest you talk before I lose what little patience I can afford."

meatgrin

While Deydron had made his report to the Commando he kept one eye on the young woman who had walked over and examined the dent he had made in the wall.  She pulled out some sort of device that he couldn't really see very well and began fiddling with it for a moment or two.  The Jedi Master had nervously followed her over and tried peering over her shoulder but had appeared to have had no better luck than Deydron did. 

Deydron finished his report and pulled his helmet off to get some air and let the buzzing side effects of the stims subside while he continued to watch the young woman and the Jedi Master talk quietly amongst themselves for a moment.  After a moment or two the Jedi seemed to be what?  Afraid?  Anxious?  Were those words that could be applied to members of the vaunted Jedi Order?  But still there was something familiar about this Jedi Master.

After another moment and the Jedi had practically jumped at something the young woman had said...something about the Dark Side of the Force.   The Jedi began to back away from the dented wall for a couple of steps before turning for the door babbling about needing to report this to the Council or some such non-sense.

"Don't move, jedi." the Commando said coldly as his rifle came up into a ready position.  "You want to go away a little too fast." He continued. "There is something you are not telling us. And I have a feeling it is vital to this investigation."

Deydron's hand had dropped to his pistol butt as the Jedi had virtually ground to a stop and turned slowly to face the two soldiers.  The Jedi's face had gone ashen at the implied threat.  Deydron looked a little more closely at the Jedi's face and it slowly dawned on him where he had seen this "Jedi Master" before.

Deydron said icily, "Yes Master Jedi you do seem to be in a hurry, but then you were in a big hurry to leave Trevors Drift a year ago too."  He continued. "Only then you weren't a Jedi Master were you, you were a merchant captain bringing in supplies."

The color started to drain from the Jedi's face and his eyes widened slightly with what could have been surprise.  He licked his lips in a nervous gesture before saying, "I-I'm sorry Sergeant Tahl was it?  I don't believe we have met and I have never heard of this place called Trevors Drift."

Deydron's hand gripped his pistol hard as he drew it from its holster whip snake fast while taking the two quick strides forward and shoved it into the Jedi's belly.  His eyes were hard splinters of duralloy and his jaw was set in a grim line.

Deydron spat angrily back at the Jedi, "Don't you dare tell me you weren't there you son of a bitch or I swear I will shoot you dead you lying cowardly scum!" 

(( sorry for taking so long to get back to the story, I have been dealing with some weird flu/cold bug the past week.  ))

Mixxi

Kit couldn't help it. She blinked. This was getting interesting, and the soldier seemed to be a bit more than the typical guard you'd find unconscious in an airduct.

Master Mori--Kit corrected herself--the scumbag thief moved surprisingly fast. He kicked the soldier hard in the crotch and rolled to the side, taking cover in the narrow space behind a fan unit. Kit had never gotten used to that crunching sound, even when she was doing the crunching, and was grateful for the protective armor she knew the soldier must be wearing.

Without even thinking, she rolled for cover herself, slipping an elegant little blaster out of yet another concealed holster and thumbing the charge button. Sadly, formal wear did not allow for her to bring her beloved scattergun. Sometimes one had to make sacrifices for fashion. Several bolts splashed off the air scrubber housing in front of her, and she answered them with a volley of charged bolts. She recognized a barely-audible whine that tickled her ear and yelled, "Flashbang!" as she ducked her head and squeezed her eyes shut.

Jhared

Jhared quietly turned on his personal shield while Deydron revealed the true identity of Master Mori, it would be more than enough to withstand most blasters. Sustained fire would still overheat the shield of course, but even then it would take a little while. A few hundred years ago the Mandalorians had used the technology to crush the Republic, until Revan destroyed them and took the shields for his own army. It had turned the scales completely back then, forced the use of vibroblades in the process. Such was no longer really the case. Jhared only had a combat knife, woven in cortosis to turn off lightsabers, but apart from that he relied heavily on his rifle, shield, explosives and skill.

Adrenalin pumped into his veins as his brain fully grasped the situation. The jedi master was not a jedi at all, he was kicking the Sergeant off before retreating to the fan as cover, the only reason Jhared did not shoot was because Deydron was in the line of fire. Kit had apparently chosen an air scrubber for her safety and would keep the old man busy. With everyone in cover this could drag out and let the actual thief escape, it was not something Jhared wanted, but the possibilities of flanking was limited in the small room and it almost forced a melee. A situation where shields would count for nothing. And yet... it was the quickest solution.

It would have been if the familiar blazing sound of a lightsaber turning on had not come as soon as Jhared had taken a step to execute his plan of action. It took a fraction of a second for him to locate the sound, and the realization that it was right behind him made Jhared throw himself down onto his stomach. He could feel the warmth of the blade sweeping right past armour, he had been lucky. He rolled onto his back immediately after, dropping his rifle on the ground in the process to bring up his combat knife to meet the red lightsaber. The red light disappeared as the saber shorted out. Without waiting for a reaction Jhared immediately gave a powerful kick to the robed figure's shin, causing the person to stumble backwards. Jhared took the moment to get up, grabbing his rifle in one hand.

"Take care of the other hostile, Sergeant! I'll hold this one off!" Jhared barked at the other soldier in the room, not looking to see what he was doing. He hoped the two would cope, for he was not sure if he could. Not with this little room to manoeuvre.

meatgrin

Deydron was surprised by this little dirty trick from Mori, he honestly didn't think the coward had it in him to pull such a stunt.  Then again he was impersonating a Jedi Master, so I guess that showed what Deydron knew. 

The impact was mild and his armor absorbed the majority of the blow, it was more shock than actual pain that had caused him to double over.  He saw Mori dive behind a large air processing unit and scurry between the wall and the machine.  Deydron straightened up and slammed his back against the air processor and slid up to the gap by the wall with his gun held up at the ready.  That was when he heard the light saber ignite.

Deydron shot a glance back at the commando just in time to watch him hit the floor as the man with shaggy white hair and a grey robe took a swipe at him with a light saber.  The crimson blade had fortunately cut a swathe of only empty air, its deadly hum distinct in the hectic cofines of the small chamber.

The commando barked at him, "Take care of the other hostile, Sergeant! I'll hold this one off!"

The commandos order snapped Deydron back to the task at hand and he gave a quick nod to his back and began sliding his way down the machine towards the gap.  He could hear Mori moving away from him trying to get down further and into the workings of the air processor. 

As he came to the opening he stuck the barrel of his heavy pistol around the corner and let off with a three round volley from his weapon.  The emerald bolts shrieked down the narrow gap slamming into wall and machinery...the shots weren't meant to hit Mori, but to cause him to crouch and slow down so Deydron could catch up to him.  He was rewarded almost instantly with a yelp and the sound of a body hitting the floor and beginning to crawl away rapidly.

Deydron rounded the corner and it was a tight fit between the air unit and the wall with no room to maneuver.  He kept his gun hand forward and started sliding down the wall into the gloomy darkness of the bowels of air circulation 16-4, hopefully this wouldn't be the tomb of Sergeant Deydron Tahl and Company...hopefully.

Mixxi

Kit swore loudly and colorfully. She hated it when comrades got out of the range of her heals, and she had to choose now between following the soldier and whoever Mori really was and staying to help the commando fight this new threat. One look at the lightsaber, though, decided for her. Whatever Mori was, he had only his skills, weapons, and strength to call upon. A Force user, though, was a total wild card.

She hated fighting Force users. She always felt like they were cheating. And she didn't like someone cheating her. She loosed a few bolts at the robed figure, not expecting them to land, but hoping they might break the guy's concentration enough to let the commando beat the crap out of him. Reaching for the emergency medkit on her hip, she growled as she remembered that she had left it on the ship having unsuccessfully tried to disguise it as an evening bag.

Luckily she had a few small medpaks tucked away and a couple of stims hidden in her ridiculous formal hairstyle. She started a low-level sustained-delivery heal on her armored comrade and continued harrassing fire. If he got distracted enough, she could move close enough to land a good kick. And for all their power, Force users had soft dangly bits like all the rest.

Jhared

The force-user was relentless, Jhared had barely gotten even footing before he was knocked backwards by a force push. He kept his ground however, steadying his feet on the floor to resist the pressure of air coming from his adversary. It did not take long for Jhared to realise he was sliding backwards, the metal of his boots giving a screeching sound as they tore in the floor. In response Jhared brought up his rifle and fired a loose and only slightly aimed barrage of fire at the white haired enemy. It forced the man to break his concentration and reflect the attack against walls and ceiling. Most importantly however it bought Jhared time.

His only real chance with this little room to manoeuvre was to get up close, cut out the saber and knock the force-user senseless. Knowing what he had to do, he strapped his rifle back to its right place and charged at the robed man. He only just noted Kit's suppressing fire on the adversary before taking it into use. The man brought down the lightsaber to block Kit's interference, and Jhared, expecting it flung out the cortosis blade taking the saber out yet again before crushing into the man with all his weight. Landing on top Jhared did not even pause before bringing several hard punches to the man's head with the metal gauntlets, knocking him out cold. He was not dead however - he might be needed for questioning.

Not fully having realised how lucky he was to be alive Jhared picked up the lightsaber and clipped it to his belt. Unconcious or not, he was going to let the man have such a deadly weapon near him. Jhared got up and turned around to pick out Kit's hiding spot, he noticed the medkit as soon as he saw her. Maybe not all luck after all. "Useful. Where's the Sergeant?"

Mixxi

((suspended until all of us are around again--or maybe not, since we'll be IN GAME soon))   :tan: