News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

What is the 'Knock' thread for?

Started by Noa, February 07, 2007, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noa

Knock on the Door Threads

In case you didn't know and we have a few new people, I just wanted to point out a few things.
THis forum here is where we, the other members of the guild, learn about personal experiences with new initiates. If we have not met them, this is where we get to know them, through you. SO please be open and honest.
THe oficers don't all get to meet the new initiates and so this forum is very helpful.
I, personally do not post my thoughts here, choosing to reserve them for the vote itself. I don't want to taint anyone else's opinion of a candidate. But I wanted to let you know that I value your opinions and thoughts on candidates. If you have any questions or comments about this or about a candidate, feel free to post below.

And, as always, if you feel you have something to share but don't feel the boards are a good place to put it, my email is
XOofSaga@SagaFamily.Org

XO

Rule Number 1: There is no fight club
Rule Number 2: There is no Fight Club

Silly quote for a reason. What goes on in this forum stays in this forum, and it is removed before the new initiate is given access to this board.

What this means is feel free to say what you wish about a candiate, if they make you uncomfortable for any reason, give you a weird oompa loompa vibe, whatever. Others might be having the same feeling but are hesitant to vocalize it. It has happened before, and this is important, I would imagine, to the council. They need to know these things.

And do not.. NOT.. share what is in these forums with the candidates themselves. We are a family, built on trust. That trust might not survive a 'Kuladen doesn't want you in the guild because he thinks you roleplay like @#%$ can you work on it?'. Put down your feelings, and trust that the elders and the sponsor will work together to solve any incidents before they become problems.

Just a couple things I've observed, I might be totally wrong.

Kuladen

I...MUST...SEEK....HELP.
That made sense, Kuladen.

Well said.  ( You even get an emoticon.)

NOTE: THat is the only compliment you will ever get. Ever.
Nina.

EQ2 again ~ Ellie (Kaladim), Noa (AB)
EQ again ~ Vee, Mak, Ellewys (FV)
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ellendrielle
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

PinkRose

Policy is to move a knock thread to the Officer's Archives.
When a Member is made an Officer, their Knock thread will be moved to the eXecutive's Office so it can still be accessed by Guildleader and XO as needed.
Guildleader Knocks are moved to the Admin Archives.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.