News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

((Introduce Yourselves!)) Opens the tavern up for new visitors

Started by Mixxi, July 08, 2013, 12:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxi

((I hear we may have a few friends coming by to introduce themselves. Figured I'd dust off the tables and light a fire in anticipation.))

Mixxi absent-mindedly prodded the logs in the tavern hearth with an old broadsword and surveyed the room. It was a little worse-for-wear, true, but then, a lot had happened here. Blood, tears, laughter -- sometimes simultaneously -- this place had seen plenty of all of it. The ghosts of patrons sometimes seemed to linger. She could catch glimpses out of the corner of her eye of halflings, gnomes, dwarves, Barbarians, elves, some odd people with swords apparently made out of pure light, others with some sort of hand cannons, Rift-walkers, cat-people of various types, plant-people . . . oh, and maybe a few humans. Straightening, she shrugged and tucked a few greying strands back into her looped braids and rubbed her warrior's rough hands on the tavern-keeper's apron she had tied awkwardly over her plate mail.

The halfling wandered over to a table and surveyed her attempt at a flower arrangement. The firiona rose was drooping a bit, but she thought the ogre fingers lent the centerpiece a rather jaunty air. Especially that big one sticking up in the middle. A grin lit up her scarred face. Nina would like that, she thought.

As she went to check the liquor supply behind the counter, she heard the tavern door open and sound of patrons beginning to arrive. Peering over the bar, she watched the newcomers as she counted the bottles.

First to arrive was a couple, the man in dire need of being introduced to a comb and a razor. He was arm-in-arm with an elegantly robed creature with leaf-like hair and delicate blue skin, and they laughed as they settled themselves at a table near the fire. Soon they were joined by another one of those leafy fellows, this one shining like a bloody lighthouse--all white and glowing. A gnome came in next . . . no, wait, not a gnome . . . but with that same air of self-congratulating genius. He waddled over to the table as well. The tavern really was starting to fill up. A giant red-haired barbarian, several odd cat-beast people -- massive and so different from the lithe Vah Shir. An elegant man in impeccable clothing. Another couple came in -- a tall, white-haired barbarian lass and a miniscule not-Gnome in plate.

Mixxi looked up gratefully as the regular bartender finally made an appearance from the back room. There were a few stories out there among the tables, she could tell. Brell's bunions! There was no way she was going to spend the evening trapped behind a counter. As she rounded the counter, a familiar figure emerged from the back room and fell into step with her. Smiling at her old friend, she linked her arm through Tuppen's and together the halflings stepped out to greet the new visitors.

((And yes, yes, I know Tuppen's a tree. But just work with me here! :P I had thought of making the bartop out of him, but that seemed a bit callous.))

Mixxi

Jezerai

A half-elf hit the door with uncharacteristic force for one of her slim stature, sending the doors swinging into the walls with a thud that shook the walls of even this stout building.  Her full lips cracked into a lopsided grin as she surveyed the familiar room.  It was nice to be home again, after her long time away.  She tucked a stray wisp of silvery blonde hair behind her ear, the rest caught up in the long pony-tail that hung down her back.  Jezerai sauntered into the bar with a swagger that would put any Lothario to shame and tossed a coin onto the counter with a practiced hand, watching the silver gleam as it spun across the polished surface.  "Whiskey there, if ya please."    She winked at the bartender, admiring him for a moment.  "An' make it two if ya ain't too busy." 

Holding a tumbler of whiskey in each hand she took a seat at a nearby table, swinging a leg casually across a chair and settling with a soft sigh as her saddle-worn buttocks hit the seat, polished by years of patrons' backsides.  She tipped her head back, knocking down one glassful of amber liquid and setting the other down.  She grimaced as she patted her thin wallet and pulled a well-worn deck of cards from her belt-pack, hoping to drum up a game of chance that might restore her fortunes.  Shuffling her cards with an absent-minded air that was contradicted by the skill with which she handled the battered slips of coated paper, she watched the patrons with a speculative gleam in her green eyes.  Surely someone here had a bit of coin that could find it's way to her. 
EQ2: Boudeccai, Callysta, Dulcette, Mabb, Missa, Kudzoo, Negghia, Alanni
SWTOR: Jezerai, Callysta, Jujule, Myrriam, Catta, Temi'ana
TSW: Kud-zu, Teasel

Catri

A Norn woman dressed in leather armor walked into the bar, careful not to let the great sword and longbow strapped to her back smack into the door frame. Her red hair was pulled back in a braided knot at the base of her head. The friendly smile on her face put a sparkle in her green eyes. A large brown bear shambled in behind her as she found a table in a corner that was occupied by a human woman with short, black hair cleaning an odd looking pistol.

" Sit, Gimli, and you behave yourself." Glynna Vegeirdottir said pointing to a spot near the wall for her bear to lie down. Then she turned to the human at the table. " Mind if we join in? Nothing's more depressing than drinking alone."

Catri Sage set her blaster down on the table and looked up at the sound of the newcomer's voice. With eybrows raised in surprise she looked first at the bear then at the jovial red headed giant with him. After a moment she shrugged and waved a hand toward the chair across from her.

" Go right ahead. I could use some company anyway." Catri said. She looked around the room as more patrons arrived filling up the cantina......well here they were called taverns....at a steady pace. " Looks like it'll be a good night to make new friends. This place is filling up pretty fast. "

SWL
Templar Theresa "Clarion" Shea
Illuminati Wendy "Miss-Frost" Frost
Dragon Catriona "Catri" Sage

GW2-Tarnished Coast Catri.6978

BDO
Family Name:Catri
Characters: Roonah, Nah_Re , Ji_Na, Elmaa, Soo_Ri, Shioreeko

Rift Faeblight
Guardian:Korianne,
Defiant:Aldaari,Bolormaa,Amadhira

Xerali

Some time later, the door to the tavern slid open again and a tall woman with raven-black hair entered. She wore a loose-fitting vest over a worn-looking white shirt. Black breeches tucked into polished black boots; a rapier hung from her hip, and a small satchel rested over her shoulder.

She looked to the table near the fire, and a familiar smile danced across her face. After nodding her greeting to everyone seated there, and a few other patrons scattered throughout the tavern, she made her way to the bar, sliding onto a tall chair with the stiffness of someone who has spent the entire day on the road. "Heard the whiskey is good," said Magiere Djenor, holding up two fingers to the bartender. As she waited for her drink, she rotated halfway in the chair to survey the tavern's patrons again. The woman shrugged the pack from her shoulder, opened it, removed a leatherbound book, which she opened over one knee.

As she read, she mumbled, "More comfortable than the Cloud Skimmer," a smile still playing across her lips.

PinkRose

Kanina emerged from the library, a large tome in her hand. The dwarf plopped it down on the bar with a loud thud and waited for her beer.

"Aye", to no one in particular, "Another Initiate has finished their journal. Seems we may be gearin' up fer  some g'd ol' fashion'd adventurin'. It's g'd ta grow the family, but why do they all gotta have pets. Or be pets, even."

Nina thought of Keshu. He was ok. But the rest of them, so much trouble.
"Look there, a bear, inside the tavern", she grumbled.
"What kind of trouble was that and the Barbarian gonna cause?"

"Mixxi", she bellowed, "Aint we got any rules fer keepin' the animals outside? Hail Tuppen."
Kanina swallowed her Brell's Blessed Stout nearly before it hit the countertop.
"Thank ye, Bartender. Do ye know when the blast'd bard was gonna show up t'night? Maybe that will clear out all these beasts."
Chuckling to herself, Nina moved out to meet the patrons, animals or not.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alirrin

From around the corner in the kitchen, a voice calls out, "PIE TIME!"

A chubby blonde halfling comes through the door following by a huge stone beast. The earth elemental carries an immense tray covered with a mix of savory and sweet pies. With astonishing grace for its size, it places the tray gently on an open table, as Quince walks up with a smile.

"You wouldn't believe the dust in that oven when I got here.  Fortunately once around by a fire elemental followed by bit of conjured water to rinse, and it was good as new. Eat up everyone! I need this tray back before the second round is done cooking!"

With that he grabs a meat pie for himself, and steps back to greet people as they come to eat.

- - - - -

At the sound of the halfling's voice, the entire far corner of the room moves. "KWINN-SEE! DID YOO MAYK ME A FAY-BARRY PYE?"

The ogre moves into the light, dislodging several large balls of yarn that he was apparently knitting into some sort of hat, as well as a few chairs. Noticing the winces from his volume, he suddenly cringes and says, "sah-ree. insyde voyce!"

Stepping gingerly around the other patrons, he reaches the pie table, and scooping up several in one enormous hand, he begins eating.  Berry juice runs down his chin, and he grins a goofy grin. "thaynk yoo, kwinn-see!"
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Jezerai

Jezerai raised an eyebrow, appraising the ogre.  He looked like easy pickings for her card game, but would he have enough coin to make it worth her while?  A puzzling question indeed. 

Jez leaned over and swiped the meat pie from Quince's hand as he walked near her table and grinned at the Halfling.  "Why, thankee kindly Quince!  Don't mind if ah do!"  She sat the prize in front of her on the table, her stomach suddenly loudly making its presence known.  Jez wondered idly how long it had been since she had experienced the bliss of one of Quince's pies.  "How ya been?  I ain't seen ya in ages!"  Using her knife, she cut the pie open and offered half of it back to Quince.  "Here ya go!  I ain't a'verse ta sharin' with ya."  She dug into the steaming half of pie left in front of her, licking her fingers and licking the edges of her mouth with gusto.  "Ya ain't lost yer touch, have ya Quince?"
EQ2: Boudeccai, Callysta, Dulcette, Mabb, Missa, Kudzoo, Negghia, Alanni
SWTOR: Jezerai, Callysta, Jujule, Myrriam, Catta, Temi'ana
TSW: Kud-zu, Teasel

Alirrin

As Jezerai swipes the pie from his hand, Quince just smiles. While she cuts the pie in half, he reaches out and grabs one of the shotglasses lined up in front of her. Downing the drink, he puts the glass down, then takes the half-pie offered.

"Oh, I've spent some time out scouring the countryside outside Rivervale. There were some rockslides recently and I thought I might be able to find something interesting. The founders of the Flutterfoot circus lived in that area, you know, so I thought maybe I might find some family history."

As the ogre approaches, Quince gets a grin of his own. "Sunbeam, you big goof! Good to see you, my friend!"

Quince scoots around behind the bar and grabs two bottles.  Sitting down next to Jez, he pours another shot of whiskey from one bottle, then hands the other to Sunbeam.  The ogre sniffs it, then drinks half in one gulp.  After a brief pause, he gets a strange expression, then lets out a long, loud belch.  "FAY-BARRY FIZZIE POP!"
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam