News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[GW2] Welcome Manekineko! {R}

Started by PinkRose, September 26, 2013, 10:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

Welcome to Saga guild!

Please be sure to read the posts stickied at the top of this forum and be sure you agree with the rules and charter. This guild has a history, as you will see. It is, well, a Saga.

Saga is also part of a multi-game guild formed when a few wandered off to try other games. Sister guilds have formed, and we all come here to check on each other. This multi-game guild is currently called SagaFamily. We are indeed a family.

To become part of that, please take the time to fill out the attached roster card and post it to this message. This procedure is for the others here who will not see you in GW2 so they can get to know you. You do not have to fill the roster card out to be part of Saga in-game. You can do it now or in the future. You can fill one out even if you do not wish to join the larger family. There is no pressure, and no rush. Take your time and look around.

As an Initiate, you should now have access to the private game related forums, such as questing and crafting disciplines.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!

PinkRose
Saga GW2 MoI
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

PinkRose

Roster Card for Saga.

Please write an introduction to your character.
Include name, race, gender, profession, alignment.
If you have any crafting disciplines or have other talents, please include those as well.

Do you have alternate characters on the same server?

How did you hear of us?

Is there anyone you have gotten to know from our family, IC or OOC?

What Roleplay games have you participated in?

What are you looking for as a member of our guild?

Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines?

Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:

Tell us of your past.

What hobbies and quests do you presently have?

Where do you see yourself in the future?
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

manekineko

Please write an introduction to your character.

Coren Faraman serves as a Sergeant in Hawkguard. He was formerly Chief Agent in the Bureau of Investigation and also served time as a mercenary for the Firstwatch Irregular Company.

Physical Appearance:
Height: 5' 6"
Build: Athletic
Skin: Krytan, darkly tanned
Hair: Dark brown
Eye color: Blue
Notable markings, scars, etc.: A poorly healed scar on his left hip from a centaur's poisoned arrow.
Typical style of clothing and/or armor: Recreationally, he wears simple and unassuming attire. In combat or training, he wears chain and leather that can take a beating.

Strengths:
1) Fearless: Coren is good at keeping his cool under heavy fire. His level-headedness helps him to make good decisions quickly on a battlefield. He's never afraid to speak his mind.
2) Adaptable: He has dealt with a lot of major changes and has experienced a lot of meaningful loss in his life. This sort of background has made him more able roll with the punches.
3) Combat knowledge: His experience has taught him well, so he's pretty darn good at shouting commands and training others in warfare.

Weaknesses:
1) Impudent: His ego can get the best of him. He's prone to charging ahead or saying/doing something rash without thinking it through.
2) Perfectionist: He is highly critical of himself, and can spend many hours training or overthinking problems.
3) Prone to anger: Coren has very little patience for failure, especially when it's himself. Once his short fuse is lit, he goes ballistic, often with unpredictable results.

Family: Wynn and Peter Faraman (Coren's parents, who live in Claypool), Risshil (lover)

Do you have alternate characters on the same server?

Yes! Rowan Carlisle (human necromancer) and Ivan Arntson (norn guardian) are my other primary characters.

How did you hear of us?

I played in Destiny's Hammer for several months and got to know the Saga members there quite well.

Is there anyone you have gotten to know from our family, IC or OOC?

Mixxi, Talon, Tuppen, Jasyn, Temus, Antronna, Raven

What Roleplay games have you participated in?

Before GW2, I roleplayed on Ultima Online. On other games, I played in an OOC group of IRL friends. I have a great deal of experience with tabletop and text-based roleplaying, and have played and GMed many D&D and Whitewolf games. A long time ago, I participated heavily in AOL chat RP. (Remember Red Dragon Inn and the like? :D)

What are you looking for as a member of our guild?

I'm hoping to become a helpful and caring member of the family. Everyone from Saga that I have met has been incredible, and I relish the chance to spend time with them in the forums and in game. ☺

Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines?

Yes.

Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:

For the below, you'll have to assume that you're his good friend. (He wouldn't speak this freely to just anyone.)

Tell us of your past.

"Kids in Claypool are born with swords in their hands. My childhood days were spent with travelling weaponmasters; they raised us to be disciplined warriors, capable of felling a centaur without too much effort. When I came of age, I spent the mandatory year patrolling Claypool's walls. Afterward, I went to Lions Arch and made my name known as a mercenary for the Firstwatch Irregulars.

I spent several months with them and learned a lot of lessons; the biggest one was that trust can't be easily given. I fell in love with a necromancer and he betrayed my trust. When I found him performing cruel rituals, I was crushed. I knew I had to turn him in; I knew they would execute him. I grieved in the only way I knew how: I drank until I was numb. It wasn't until Delmont found me and gave me a new purpose that I was able to find meaning again.

Working for Delmont was difficult. He was cruel, and being his agent was risky. It was in his Bureau that I met Risshil and remembered why living was so important. His young and curious walk through life reminds me that everything, no matter how small, should be appreciated.

I now work as a Sergeant in Hawkguard and fight alongside two of the best friends I've ever known. There's much to be done in this dragon-infested world, and I'm not the type to sit idly by."

What hobbies and quests do you presently have?

"I have always done my own fletching. It's a perfect stress reliever. Recently, I've apprenticed under Xerali Narisdottir, a famous bowyer from Hoelbrak. I'm still not pleased with my work but I'm confident that in time I can make bows worthy of respect.

Otto Hoefner, a former mentor of mine, was keen on whisky. I've become quite a connoisseur over the years. Perhaps I spend a bit too much on it, but life is short."

Where do you see yourself in the future?

"If all goes according to plan, the dragons will be gone. I'll be in a song-filled tavern with Risshil, fat from too much food and ale, surrounded by my friends."

Sroth

Yay!  :tan:

We're going to RP like crazy 'round here!

manekineko

Quote from: Sroth on September 27, 2013, 08:29:43 AM
Yay!  :tan:

We're going to RP like crazy 'round here!
You better believe it!   :viking2:

Jasyn

Mixxi

Welcome Coren! Can't tell you how happy I am to say that. Coren, Rowan, Ivan -- they are all kinds of amazingfulness.

Talon

Coren!
Welcome!

/dance
*bollywood dance*

Ack!
*quickly stops and pretends it never happened*