News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

The ramblings of a Paladin

Started by Noa, August 05, 2006, 04:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noa

Serinity of FV   
(6/15/02 3:01 pm)
Reply  The ramblings of a Paladin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<CRACK> <BOOM>
The sound of a mighty whip, and the deep BOOM... BOOM...BOOM of a drum.... But I canna see a thing. Smoke! Me eyes are burnin and and I canna breathe. Am I lyin down? Where am I? I canna remember what happened ta bring me here. Sulfur, this isna the smell of fire, this is the smell of dragons. The dragon. Regainin me senses I feel aroun' meself.. I canna see due to bandages coverin me toe ta head. Pain is what hits next. Through spikes of pain drivin me nearly insane, I move the wraps. What I see next I wish I hadna. Me friends! Er what is left of 'em. Parts of em are everywhere, blackened and a smolderin'. Dear mother! What has a happened! What I thought was a cot of some sort, was really a pile of me friends belongings. Why am here?! Why was I spared?! I canna a stay here. But the pain is more 'en 'nough ta make a northmen passout. Then everything is so quiet, how long has it been so silent? Eerie, All I can think of are me friends, so brave, loyal. All dead. Burnt ana in pieces everwhere. Tears of a pain so great, physical pain is forgotten. Only people I hada ever loved, trusted, be dead now. Gone. Not ta be back ta me side, ever. I canna take it no more. Then anger, so great I forget all the pain, and rip all the wrappings off a me. <blackness>
Floating, listenin ta a song so sweet, I wish I could cry. But I canna even tell if it be a man nor a woman's voice. Blackness turning ta pale gray, thenna blueish, anna finally ta a pure white. The simple beauty of the light eclipsing the song entirely. I could stay here forever, as long as the voice keeps a singin and the light keeps a glowin. Pure contentment...

Serinity Holy Knight of Tunare

Edited by: Serinity of FV   at: 7/19/02 9:02:05 am

EQ2 again ~ Ellie (Kaladim), Noa (AB)
EQ again ~ Vee, Mak, Ellewys (FV)
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ellendrielle
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(6/16/02 12:40 pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A disorentation so great, I couldna tell if I was still a floatin, or if I be layin where I had set camp. When reality comes crashin down on ye like it has done to me for the third time now, all ye can do it just lay there, cryin like the day ye was birthed. Some holy night I am eh? Layin on the earth, sweatin and a sobbin like a babe. I canna shake that feelin, pure anger, and then pure contentness one right 'fter the other. Every morn, this be the third, I awake like this. All I hope is that no one is around me when I wake. I couldna bear the thought of friends seein me like this. <sigh> The feelings are passin, and I can breathe right, ana tell where I lay. Why now? After such a joyous eve as my admittance inta Saga, why am I now havin these fits? Tunare, has her reasons I be sure of that. If this be some vision from things past, why canna I know more? How can I cure what ails me, when I canna even make sense of a dream?
Last eve, the last battle I fought before sleep, I dinna see the orc before me, I saw somethin with wings. Ana I knew I wasna meself. I felt a sword in me hands much larger then the one I own. But how strange that I dinna feel fear, I felt happiness. And I felt alive, alive with a strength I canna describe. But what was I fightin', that can make me feel such as that? Bah, these thoughts ran through me head quicker than one swing o' me sword, and before I coulda think on 'em more, I realized the monk I was huntin with was tellin me somethin about havin to leave. So I bid her safe travels, and gave her me blessings. As I sat by the shore in the Oasis, listenin to the water, I was suddenly exhausted. After just one orc, I couldna even lift me sword ta swing it. What is wrong with me? I half swam, half floated to the pillar of rock behind me. As I set camp, I heard the o so familiar voice of someone I donna even know. A gentle woman's voice, she sounded tired, ana was gaspin fer breath. Somethin I hadna heard from her before. But she was so insistent that I hear her words. She whispered ina me head, she whispered words of comfort ta me. Then she tried ta tell me wha I was feelin, wasna a dream. It wasna a dream, it was her life. I could hear the importance in the words, but I still couldna belive the meanin. I was begin the journey ta the end. I was beginin the story of 'er life. So this was the preverbial beginnin a the end. Then I got scared, so scared. I wasna gonna leave me family fer nothin. I wasna gonna leave these people, no matter the cost. <sigh> more words of comfort, I wouldna have ta leave em, I jus 'ave ta know things. know why, finally know why. I wouldna be blindly followin the Mother, I would know why I'd been placed on this path. Then sleep overcame me, too quickly fer me ta rejoice, er even think about matters. With sleep comes dreams, with dreams come the past, with the past comes me future.

Edited by: Serinity of FV   at: 7/19/02 9:02:28 am

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(6/22/02 9:39 am)
Well, I havna had dreams in quite a bit, and I'ma wonderin ifn there will be anymore to come. I've had peaceful nights, an days full o blessins. I feel I am doin what is right, due ta me bein promoted so quickly to me 26th season. Truth be known, I just do it because I miss me friends terribly. Alarielle an Korhil, Whittle an Bellewyn. I just canna be of help ta em in their battles. And whenever they do come somewhere with me, I feel like they are just doin it ta humor me. I love meetin new people, ana makin new friends, but I cana replace the ones I have. But I feel like we are growin apart. So I am fightin long battles, ana pushin meself, sos I can catch up. An I can't help anyone else in the guild, I haven't even met all of these great people, just talked ta em over the winds, er on posts on the guild hall's walls. I read all about these people, ana I feel like I almost know em, but how can ya really know someone when ye havna ever seen their face? But even though I havna met all these people, they are all so kind. Whenever I have a problem, or a question, I always get an answer, or help. <sigh> There I go again, rattlin off.
I am glad I've me journal ta talk te. Tis a good thing there are a lot of pages, I think I will have a lot more ta say.

Edited by: Serinity of FV   at: 7/19/02 9:02:45 am

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(7/19/02 10:01 am)
<picking up the journal and gingerly wiping a bit of dust off the cover> Ah, the journal I once used to cherish so greatly, I've let get covered in dust. <Reminiscing of all the weeks past, since she last wrote in the book, all the changes she had undergone, the friends she had made, some she had lost. All the inner turmoil she was faced with, that no one ever knew of. How can you speak of something that can only be felt? Standing and making her way around the room filled with so many other journals akin and different to her own; Serinity sees forms of those that the journals belong to. Seeing some human, some not, all looking at her in return. Their mouths are moving, but there are no sounds in the room, just the slight clatter of her armor. In her mind's eye, she can both see and hear all her friends telling their own tales of glory, defeat, struggle, love, happiness. Everyone's voices making such a din in her head, then it all stops, only one voice is now heard. She looks around the room, everyone had returned to their journal, all but one form so faint, she can't tell whose form it is. Getting closer, she can hear that it is a woman speaking. One lonley voice, whispering, whispering, telling of things she has seen. Sitting in the nearest chair to the journal, Serinity pauses for a moment, looking at the journal. Beautiful, a steel cover, with a faint engraving upon the cover. Removing a gauntlet, and gently wiping at the cover, she sees the outline of a sword with flames running up and down the length of it. This is the journal of Serinity Di'Marcia. Sighing and closing the journal, Serinity puts her head down on the book, and cries. She is so lost in the world, she has a husband, friends, not one but two families, both her blood kin, and those called Saga. How many people on Norrath are that lucky? Why then, WHY is she so lost? Getting angry at herself and picking up the book meaning to heave it across the room, she stops short, and just carefully replaces it back on the table. Wiping the last traces of the tears off her face, she puts her gauntlet back on and grabs her packs off the floor. Where can she go to get some answers? Her blood kin would only comfort her and tell her everything will be ok, but that isn't right, everything will not always be ok dammit! Friends, of all of them, who are really close enough that she can burden them with her sad tales? Perhaps in serving someone for so long, one can forget why they ever began in the first place. Tunare alone knows what Serinity feels, but how can a simple elven knight ask a god for answers?
Serinity Di'Marcia
Holy Knight of Tunare for 34 seasons
Proud member of Saga

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(7/25/02 12:25 pm)
Reply  Re: The ramblings of a Paladin
Swimming through the sands of time,
looking out through eyes, not mine.
Weeping weeping in the sand
tears turned rain flood the land
oceans surging towards the shore
citadel in the desert, soon no more
woodlands growing, sprout to tree
everything ultimately known to me
I have cried the tears to save your kin
burnt the fields, the evil within
driven the seas, drown the dead
what is left, is yours to take,
and this is what you have produced
you could have joined me, safe from all
yet you stayed with them, why my child?
you gave birth to another, against my will
she feels the truths, in her heart gone still
she is losing hope, in the world, in you
she gives up even now, and what have you done
will I take her, where you would not go
show her, her god, and what she would know
she has a faith, that you always lacked
is that why you chose her, to finish your task
And now you cry, for an angel with no wings
GO, show her, her god, and let her fly back to me

Serinity Di'Marcia
Proud member of Saga

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(7/26/02 12:34 pm)
I can still remember the morning I left home ta start along the holy path, set before me. I see it every day that I wake, and every eve before I sleep. Sometimes I can feel a hand on my shoulder, guiding me one way or not. Then there are the lonley days, more of them as of late. I feel like my god has left me, of have I left her? I still follow the same path as always, but now there are more ways to turn; sometimes just a fork in the path, there isna a straight road ahead. I always go right, try to go the right way anyways. I have different dreams now, no more nightmarish dreams of dragons and dead friends, just blackness, and voices. I swear one of them is my mother, but something is not right, my mother would never raise her voice such as I have heard. She used to call me her angel, because I would always try to help people, but she said I didna have wings due ta them tendin to scare people away. So I was sent here, wingless, to perform miracles. I never believed her, I was only a child, thinking these were tales to show her love for me. I had forgotten about that until recently, when I seem to be remembering more of my childhood. So that brings me here, I have wandered far along this path, sometimes with no friends to keep company, sometimes with many friends and family. I seem to be the only one that sees the turns and choices in the path. So friends come and go, but I keep trudging along. Usually the path before me is clear, and everything seems right. Today the path just stopped, I wandered a bit ahead, maybe there was a break in the path is all. Nay. It ended. Looking the way whenst I had come, maybe I will take one of the other choices? But then I couldn't go back could I? The choices I had made, always seemed right, why/how would I go back, and make a choice which I knew was wrong? So for the first time since I set out, I sat on the path, at the end, just sat there. The answer has to present it's self, right? Sitting there, no more friends came to join me, I was lonley, not just alone. The path is a fair one, well kempt and in the shade. I don't sense any evil, nor do I sense any good. I always thought that I would come to the end of the path when I died. Never thinking I would just come to the end.
Hearing a faint sound behind me, I didn't need to turn around to know who it was that had finally come to see me....
Serinity Di'Marcia
Proud member of Saga

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(7/30/02 10:56 am)
Still not turning around, just sitting there, chewing on a piece of long grass, Serinity spoke So, the one that chose this life for me, that gave me the meaning and desire to continue, you have finally come. You are my mother's, mother's, great aunt. How do I know this, I just know? After speaking to me for so long in dreams, why, why did you leave me alone? Her ancestor meaning to speak, moved closer, but Serinity interrupted still NO, Don't say a word yet, after you speaking to me, and me always having to listen, never to speak, now YOU will listen, and I will speak. Turning around finally, Serinity gasps, the woman looks identical to her. Same decoration on the forehead, even the armor was the same. What was I chosen for, what task? There are ancient dragons I know, and great losses of love and life. You have drug me through hell and back, only to stand before me, my twin, looking as though nothing has happened. What have you done, that you speak with the gods? The other woman just stands there, almost as if she didn't hear a word that was spoken, then her eyes clear from what ever fog she was in, and she speaks, Serinity Di'Marcia, my angel, I brought you into this world, and now I must take you from it to show you the answers you demand. Serinity breaks into tears, she can't leave her family, her friends, she can't, nay, she won't. Calm yourself lass, you will be back with those you love. I didn't have the heart and compassion you carry within you, this is what will save you. Be yourself, remember to always be true to yourself, no one else. Tunare be damned, you are your own woman. Live your life as you will, serve your god second. I have not come all this way only to see you throw away all you know to be true, because your god asks you to follow them, second to none. You should prepare yourself as you would anyone else for a resurection, we have but a few minutes. Standing upon the path, that such a short time ago Serinity had thought the end, she now realized was another beginning. She set her packs on the earth, and put out insence to keep animals away, lit a candle so the soul could find it's way back. All this done without a second thought, but she had to do this for herself, so with a heavy heart, ascented that she was ready. I am ready, I trust you, as I always have. The other woman kneeling down beside Serinity, put her hand over Serinity's eyes. This will hurt love, brace yourself. Taking out a small dagger, the woman slit Serinity's wrists, nearly from elbow to wrist bone, Serinity cried out, but not for long, as her blood drained away very quickly.
Serinity Di'Marcia
Proud member of Saga

Edited by: Serinity of FV   at: 7/30/02 10:00:06 am

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Serinity of FV   
Leviathan Paladin
(8/12/02 12:35 pm)
Sneaking in the guild hall, smiling at all of the journals in stacks and on shelves, Serinity looks for her own. Finding it a bit askew, almost right where she left it, she picks it up, and makes out of the guild hall. I hope no one has peeked ahead, some stories are best left untold. Quickly running through the night, she finds her way to a secluded part of the forest, near a river. Sad that she has to do this, but knows no one will be better off if they had read her life story, she takes one last look around her, and throws it into the current. She can see it sinking, and following the river away, away, to places she might never have been to.
Serinity Di'Marcia
Holy Knight of Tunare for 37 seasons
Proud member of Saga

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm