News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

A Nexus watering hole ((Wildstar Tavern--join in!))

Started by Mixxi, November 16, 2013, 11:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gith

((OOC: For my own use))
------------------------------------------------
Val Gith - Tecta - Mordesh Female
Mixxi - Kai - Human Male
Talon - Kixas - Aurin Male
Talon - Torran - Mordesh Male
Elly - Verou - Cassian (Human) Female
------------------------------------------------

Tecta was rather enjoying the crowd of people surrounding her and the fact that she seemed to fit in with these people. No one was eyeing her, looking at her like she was a freak, or otherwise trying to shoo her out of the building or just blatantly trying to hurt her. This was a nice change.

Letting the skittish Aurin male and Kai discuss the imaging matrices, Tecta pushed her chair out and turned in it, sensing the approach of the other Mordesh in the room. "Good afternoon sir." she extended her hand pleasantly while remaining seated. "Good to see others who made it off of Grismara intact ... and sane." She smiled sadly at him but then shrugged it off. "Have you see many others of our kind on your way here? I only met a few but I was among the first to break through the blockade and make it to a satellite ship with the arcship fleet. I suppose my luck in that regard has limited my ability to find more of our kind. When did you escape the blockade?" Tecta used one of her feet to push out a chair so that Torran could sit down. "My name is Tecta by the way. A pleasure."

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Talon

Kixas took soime of the items, a number that felt right, letting instinct guide him. He held them carefully.

"You didn't answer my question," the aurin said, still watching Kai. He did not put the items down just yet, testing their weight and the sensation they were meant to give him.

Torran reached forward and shook Tecta's hand before returning it to his side. He shook his head Tecta, "Not on the way, nope. But lately a couple planetside. Mostly minding their own business, I reckon," he said.

The mordesh paused.

Quote"Good to see others who made it off of Grismara intact ... and sane."

"I'd be careful about making assumption like that," he said with a lop-sided grin and a strange expression.

Mixxi

Quote(Kixas) stared at the water for a moment before looking back to Kai, "But why does it continually make a pool for you?" He asked. The question was obvious but he gave it the weight of actually asking, "And you're not surprised?" He continued, knowing this human wasn't about to volunteer a lot without a few queries.

Pleased that the Aurin was treating the stones with a certain degree of thought and consideration, Kai took a breath and hooked the leg of a chair with his boot, pulling it toward him. He sat down and planted his elbows on the table, fingers interlaced and chin resting on them. This brought his eyes level with the Aurin's [Talon, feel free to change this if it's incorrect].

He watched the Aurin's fingers testing the chips and cubes, noting his deft movements.

When he spoke, it was suddenly, his slightly rough baritone a bit jarring after his silence.

"I think it's not the water, but the ripples that are important. Bad and good drops into our lives like stones into a pool, and things happen. I've been a stone. And I have to live with the ripples I created. They spread out, touching, intersecting. It's not smooth. Not calm and peaceful-like. And the water has no choice."

His hazel eyes lingered on the Aurin's face and the bright intelligence there. "I've been a stone all my life. 'Bout time I'm the water."

He moved his hands and flicked one of the cubes that the Aurin had not yet examined. "And these slaggin' things aren't about to let me forget that."

He tipped his head toward Kixas, eyebrows raised. "Satisfied?"

Gith

Quote from: Talon on November 24, 2013, 02:06:09 PM"I'd be careful about making assumption like that," he said with a lop-sided grin and a strange expression.

Tecta did not smile at this attempt at humour. If her arm was not armoured she could have shown Torran the chemically healed scar on her necrotic right arm where a "family member" had attacked her. She hadn't shot him right away, not wanting to believe what was happening. That is the only reason why her once father's insane corpse had gotten close enough to hurt her. Her left hand absentmindedly touched her right forearm where the mark was concealed under layers of clothing and armour. "Given what happened, I would say it is a fair assumption."

She shrugged off the momentary sadness as she was forced to recall past events. "Anywho. What brings you to this place? I am supposed to be heading out with a crew of settlers as part of a protection detail from the local flora and fauna. I would help build myself but I think given how hostile Nexus can be I am better used as protection until the area is at least initially cleared."

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Talon

Torran grabbed a chair and flipped it around so it faced backwards. He straddled it gruffly and leaned on the back of the chair in front of him, looking intently at Tecta.

"Given what happened, I'd say not one of us is completely sane," Torran responded. He waved a hand to dismiss the topic, obviously preferring not to dwell on the past.

The mordesh glanced to his left, towards the door, making sure to keep it in at least his peripheral view. "Outside, yeah, gets a bit hairy doesn't it," he chuckled. "Me? I'm exploring. Nodding his head up slightly, he inidcated the aurin, "We're getting along okay. Looking around and trying to find things worthwhile."

Lowering his voice, he muttered, "Go a hell of a lot faster if he'd stop scanning stuff," then with a shrug, "but I understand the need to know."

A low chuckle followed, wry, "Usually I end up getting some excitement 'cause he triggers something."

---------------

Kixas' eyes were fixed on the human as he spoke. The aurin's brow crinkled slightly at times. When Kai stopped speaking, Kixas continued to look at him for a few more moments. Finally he glanced down at his hand.

"Consequences," he whispered, almost to himself. He seemed thoughtful. Quietly, he held his hand over the table and released the small items. They clattered the short distance to the table and arranged themselves in a chaotic pattern.

Kixas stared at the for a moment, reaching out to move one but stopped himself. He tilted his head and instead tapped the centre.  The shimmer of a small forest appeared. Probably not the scale. Next to it was a large chasm. And on the other side a pile of old-style books.

"Hm," Kixas made the tiny noise. Not surprise but clearly not expected either. It was thoughtful.

Mixxi

Kai looked away quickly when the miniature forest began to materialize on the tabletop. No surprise there. What Aurin did not have the trees of Arboria at their center? And he didn't need the image to know what the forest looked like.

Kixas' small, thoughtful noise made him look back in spite of himself. He stopped and looked more closely. Unwittingly, he made a noise the twin of Kixas'. Well now. That was surprising. He'd have expected it from a Mordesh, or a human of a scholarly bent. But not one of the Aurin. And the chasm. He didn't know what to make of it.

He rubbed his chin with a crooked finger and thumb and was rather surprised that his stubble was threatening to burst into beard-status. Had it been that long since he'd been in town?

Reaching a long leg out, he hooked another chair and dragged it over closer to the Aurin and indicated it with a jerk of his head. "Your turn. Books?"

For once he was glad he was the water, because this inquisitive Aurin was a rather interesting stone that had just been dropped in his pool.

Gith

Tecta eventually just smiled and tried to forget the recent tragedy of her people. "Just exploring? Not trying to make a claim to a small piece of this last hope to call home for yourself? Although, I suppose if we are going to have any chance against the Dominion exploration of the potental of this planet is probably our best bet. So best of luck to you in your endeavors. If you are in need of any company just let me know. Strength in numbers out there I say. And it is nice to be around others and carry on a normal conversation so I will take whoever I can get" she winks jokingly.

"How did you end up with the Aurin? I find their kind are not so fond of us in our current state. Something about their affinity to nature and our perceived unnatural state." She shrugged, not seeming to care either way.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Talon

Torran shrugged, "I'm more of a wanderer," he said, a man of few words, "Settling doesn't really appeal."

Drumming his fingers on the back of the wooden chair, the dull thuds muffled due to the material, the mordesh male turned his head to glance over to Kixas.

"The aurin is a bit more progressive, I suppose," he winked at Tecta and gave another shrug, "Completely obsessed with the story behind things, how things work. Maybe he finds my 'current state' interesting," he added, watching Tecta's face for any reaction.

"We work well together. Haven't gotten killed yet at any rate. Though the constant analysis is a bit tiresome, maybe the disdain of the more nature types would be a welcome change," he continued, adding a joking smirk of his own.

---------------

Kixas looked surprised for a moment before he took the offered seat, "Thank you," he said.

The aurin's ears swivelled slightly and twitched. He smiled wryly at the overheard conversation with Torran and Tecta. Truth be known, some of his scientific analyses was accentuated for the specific purpose of irritating the mordesh. Spyke, on the other hand, was necessary and a good companion for research. The fact he annoyed Torran was just a bonus.

Kixas looked down at the table again. He seemed thoughtful before he spoke, "I like books," he said, his eyes moving up to meet the human's. His gaze lingered on the crooked digits for a moment.

"I'll settle for datapads in the pinch," he added, "but books just have that sense of authenticity and history to them, don't you think?"

Absently, the aurin brought a hand to his head and pawed at high right ear for a moment. His hand returned to the table and Kixas seemed entirely unaware of the movement.

With another look down at the holographic image on the table Kixas made a 'hmm' sound, "I suppose it could also just be representative of knowledge in general. This planet has a lot of questions hovering around with answers waiting to be uncovered."

With a twitch in his nose, the aurin seemed to shift gears, "So how do you become water, exactly?" he asked, pausing to wonder whether he should start taking notes.

Mixxi

"Books? Old-style books? I'm surprised, considering what their pages are made of." He raised a curious eyebrow at the Aurin and chuckled to take the sting out of the words a bit.  He was enjoying the company around the table in spite of himself. Snatches of the other conversation tugged at his ears, but he pitched his answer for the Aurin.

"Water flows, carries things, moves and changes, but only when something acts upon it. I'm practicing that. Letting things tell me where to go." He grunted and sat back in his chair, his shoulders relaxing. Nearly comfortable. Now that was an unfamiliar feeling.

His attention was so absorbed by the company around the table, he didn't notice that a woman had come in through the door, her duster blowing back in the outrush of air from the bar, straw-colored hair matching it in a tangled swirl. She noticed him, though.

Before the door had banged shut, she'd drawn a blaster rifle from a case across her back, thumbed the release, and dropped the barrel to rest like a rock on her left hand, the long shining length pointed straight at Kai.

As she reached behind her, Kai finally looked up, and the chair shot back in a clatter of plastic and steel. The needler was back in his hand, body turned edge on to the woman, his hand raised and steady, pointing directly at her.

And then his eyes narrowed, gauging the spray of the scattershot weapon she held. He very carefully took a step away from Kixas.

Merila

Moruu took the opportunity the scuffle between the two humans offered and snuck through the doorway. She was short even for an Aurin, and that combined with her dark complexion and preference for dark corners and shadowed paths made it exceedingly easy for her to travel unnoticed. She slipped past the female human, hugging the wall, her tail stretched high up her back to avoid accidentally getting stepped on.

She hopped onto the backs of several chairs to avoid the press of warm bodies as she made her way through the saloon, landing lightly on the tips of her toes before jumping back down to the floor, easing her way through whatever openings in the crowd she could find. She glanced back at the confrontation still happening just inside the doorway, snorting softly at the dismayed expression on the male human's face.

Squeezing past a particularly rotund customer, she hopped soundlessly up onto a stool by the bar, materializing in front of the barmaid, who promptly dropped the glass she was drying, her eyes and mouth opened in wordless shock. The glass shattered when it hit the hard wood floor, the shards tinkling softly as they spread out beneath the bar. Moruu smirked and winked at the other Aurin before ordering a particularly fruity cocktail.

Once she had her drink, Moruu turned to face the door, surveying the scene before her as she sipped the delicious liquid through a straw, an amused smile still playing on her lips.
GW2 - Merila Dorne
SWTOR - Amaiko, Jenasha

I write poetry and fiction. You can read some here.