News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Help Building a Computer Please

Started by Gith, January 31, 2014, 06:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

And I like my chat windows big and right in front of me.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alirrin

Oh, good point about moving HUD out of your field of view.  Although I imagine that split up the middle is rather disconcerting.
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Pedekele

i think one big monitor is much better. there are even curved ones... if you have just one monitor, nothing gets split, also you can invest the money of 3 monitors in one...

Also Monitors are currently evolving quickly, so you might regret sending alot on a monitor if there's better stuff out there soon. somtimes there's rediculous deals on decent monitors...

Alirrin

Gith

I wonder what would happen if I bought 6 of those and stretched a game all the way around me in a circle!?!? O_O

And why does the internet always make reference to the "PC Master Race". Kind of gauche but whatever.

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Gith

I have joined the computer master race. Now time to get a monitor bracket and get them on arms :D

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

PinkRose

The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Jasyn

Quote from: PinkRose on September 18, 2015, 06:10:34 PM
Blue or red pill, Sir?

Is purple an option?  In case Neo develops a reflux condition, you know?

Gith

And it is complete!

The bracket came today to get them all up on arms. And got some longer cables.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Askari

EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Alirrin

I love the three-panel desktop wallpaper!

Gith

It did sort of complete the whole set up lol.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Mixxi

How the hell do you keep your desk so clean?!? You need way more coffee mugs, miscellaneous flash drives, and sticky notes.

Gith

I had JUSt put together the display. So it was at its maximum cleanage lol.

I have more empty glasses and stuff on it now. Though, I do try to keep the desk clean of debris.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

New computer build!

The last one lasted for 4 years. It is still doing ok but upcoming games like Anthem in February are saying my specs don't meet some of the minimums and definitely not the recommended. My GTX 760 lasted 4 years though which is pretty good!

I found it very handy to have this old post available for me to find so I am posting my build up here again so I can find it later.

CASE: ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case with Tempered Glass and RGB LED Lighting

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Unlocked LGA 1151 300 Series 95W

CPU COOLING: Cooler Master GeminII S524 Version 2 CPU Air Cooler with 120 mm Silencio FP Fan

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Black Edition 8GB GDDR5

MOBO: ASUS TUF Z370 Pro Gaming LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 Z370 ATX Motherboard

POWER: EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SATA III 1TB Read: 550MB/s; Write: 520MB/s Solid State Drive

HDD: Western Digital Red 4 TB 3.5-Inch SATA 6GB/s NAS Hard Drive

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

Now I just need to be patient and wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if I can get any deals on these parts. The GPU and SSD were on sale for $180 and $200 off so that is some good savings so far!

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Kalese

This is my current system, I can play BDO on max settings with no issues (and every other game I play)

The prices are a few years old .. maybe more than a few years.

Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3 BX80648I75820K Desktop Processor   Intel   $384.99
ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard   ASUS    $399.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15Q2-64GRR   G.Skill $299.99
Quantity: 2 (twin setup SLI) ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti POSEIDON-GTX980TI-P-6GD5 Video Card   ASUS    $719.99 EACH
Antec H2O 1250 KUHLER H2O 1250 Water Cooler   Antec   $97.99
Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-900 900W Power Supply   Antec   $141.00
AZZA Solano 1000R Black / Red Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front MicroATX/ATX/Full ATX Computer Case   AzzA   $109.99
WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD2003FZEX   "Western Digital" $127.00
ASUS BC-12D2HT 12X Blu-ray BD Combo Player DVD Writer SATA Internal Drive   ASUS    $109.00
~ Caya Moonshadows <Saga> Phinigel
~ Ginizar and Caya Moonshadows <House Sel`Quar> FV
~ Malese, Jalese and Belladithana Moonshadows <Saga> FV

Askari

Shhh! Y'all are making me want to build a new computer.  :fln:
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Gith

I found many of the parts on sale from my local Canada Computers and Amazon so many of the parts will be arriving today!

But of course, the case will be arriving last lol.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

Quote from: Kalese on October 16, 2018, 04:41:42 PM
Quantity: 2 (twin setup SLI) ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti POSEIDON-GTX980TI-P-6GD5 Video Card   ASUS    $719.99 EACH

What are you running with twin linked graphics cards? I currently have 3 monitors running off a single GTX 760.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_