News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

RP from the new chick aka Khaz. (wildstar)

Started by Khaz, April 25, 2014, 06:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaz

(Hi! My name's Khaz and I'm thinking of joining the guild but would like to rp a bit first to make sure we're a good fit for each other. I honestly don't like character profiles too much because I personally prefer to learn about a character through interaction - not an article. So this is my character and this is my rp style. I hope you guys like it. ^^)

(If you would rather not use the Saga ship as a setting please tell me and I can make it somewhere else. That's fine, I understand completely. I just chose it because I thought it would give people's characters a good reason to be there.)

The Saga's engine rattled out another coughing breath that shook her down to the bones. Arching metallic ribs that made up the support of the main deck shivered, ringing a solemn warning. This wasn't a ship anymore. This was a carcass... A dying body clinging to the life preserver thrown out by a sinking ship.

Khaz grunted as another whining shudder rippled throughout the room. He dug his finger's into the bar's lip, tail lashing through the air like a sapphire boa. A fine layer of dust would sprinkle out of his fur, giving new meaning to the word dust bunny.

Ears flat he just gritted his teeth and waited the turbulence out. They'd probably ran into another chunk of debris flaked off from Gambler's ruin. That was the problem with these smaller ships. Sure it was safer being the sucker instead of the shark but every now and then the shark would take a dump and well...

"Heh, what's one more reason to drink?" The Aurin muttered, ears slowly unfolding from messy locks to nervously test the air. Once assured he wouldn't be tasting the bar's floor again (got kinda old after the first five times) Khaz would collect his glass and wrap it's dirty corner pointedly along the bar's counter. "'Nother of your cheapest, yeah?"

Despite the rather morose thoughts better served for a Mordesh waxing poetry, Khaz
was decidedly chipper. He was getting a drink, managed to clean the dust out of the air vent in this place's poor excuse for a med bay and would have the rest of the day off as long as no one did anything stupid and got themselves killed. Which...was actually very, very likely when considering exiles.

But that was why he was here; hiding out on this dingy instead of mucking about on Gambler's ruin. 'Oh johnny got his hand stuck in the garbage disposal again? Welp 'fraid I can't help with that. Stuck on the Saga. Never heard of it? I know. That's the point.

Khaz's tail curled happily as he waited for his refill. Yep. Just another relaxing day off.

Rumze

The ship was shaking again. And of course, dust was getting everywhere.

Rumze sighed as he dusted off his holo pads. Yet again. But his attention was soon back on the problem at hand. How to retrofit Saga with eldan tech.

Rumor had it that Nexus was filled with leftover doo-dads from eldan projects. The problem was that half the stuff was magical. Which is great! But getting ancient magitech working with outdated and repatched Cassian technology sounded like an explosion waiting to happen.

As dust continued to rain down on him, and between sneezes, he managed to sketch out a few more possible schematics . Ultimately though he had to stop.
Theory was all good and proper but as his mentor used to say In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice, they are not.

He would have to wait till he got down to the planet and did some digging around on his own. And then try out some of the diagrams and schematics he had sketched.

As he wiped the grime off his face, he sighed yet again but for different reasons. He would need to recruit some folks to go along with him since he knew his limits.

Ah well
, he pondered. I do need to meet people and get some practice in the ways of the chronicler as well. And do some research on the weave and the rock thing and whatever the mordesh believe in , which is probably alchemy or something.

It was a headache waiting to happen but he noted with some surprise , he was also somewhat eager to get to it.

Ahh adventure . What a terrible infliction.

( name is a placeholder - personality may change - currently planning on going esper but may tweak to spellslinger - will see ! )
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Pedekele

Quote from: Khaz on April 25, 2014, 06:54:47 PM
I honestly don't like character profiles too much because I personally prefer to learn about a character through interaction - not an article.

((and so i learn about RPers  ;) i never thought about that. Liked your story. O0 ))

Khaz

(Welp character changed a bit cause some friends of mine decided to jump on the wildstar bandwagon with me. Name and profession change. Khaz Fadeleaf is now Oskan Rainhaven who's a coroner instead of a nurse. Hey what can I say? I’m still in beta <.<)

Steam sighed out from the pipes lining the far wall as turbulence wreaked havoc again. Dust frosted glasses clinked from their shelves and the bartender held them steady with a weary kind of patience. Oskan was less lucky. He barely tasted the dirt along the rim of his glass before he was pitched backwards. Cheap alcohol added to the mosaic of stains already soaked into the worn throw rug that served as the bar’s welcome mat and floor. Oskan followed not long after, back hitting the ground with a solid thump.

Gold eyes blinked up blearily; only to widen in surprise when a busty female Aurin winked back at him. Apparently some classy fellow had seen fit to decorate the ceiling with a mural of pinup girls. Huh, maybe the floor wasn’t so bad after all.

He’d move to take a drink only to realize he’d lost most of the alcohol during his little spill. Scowling at his empty cup; Oskan would blow an eye full of deep purple bangs from his vision to look around the room.

Finally he'd catch a human not so far away. The good doctor would raise his empty glass to the other. “Hey buddy, mind gettin’ me a refil? Mac knows what I like.”

He knew he probably made quite the sight. Decked out in pale green scrubs better suited for the morgue Oskan didn’t exactly meet the standards of your average bar patron. Though with his back on the floor, empty cup in hand, and purple tail knotted around a tipped bar stool he was certainly trying.

Rumze

( oh for sure - beta is great for trying out new classes and figuring out what you want to play ).

The ship shook and shuddered as he walked into the bar. Spraying him with dust. Yet again.

Adventure didn't look too shabby right now. Hopefully it would be less dusty. He wandered to the bartender, dusting himself off without realising it, all while weaving around drunk and passed out patrons.

Ordering a beer from the Granok, he leaned back against the bar, letting his eyes casually scan the room.

You just had to know figure out the right socket for the circuit.

As he took a swig of his beer, he sighed. And then grimaced. Great beer, too much sighing. Beggars cant be choosers. Gotta work with what you have .

One quick quaff of his beer later, he turned around, catching the bar to steady himself , and started to look for circuits.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Khaz

Oskan blinked as he was seemingly ignored. Or maybe scenes like this were common place. Shrugging, the Aurin just pursed his lips and let out a short whistle; hopping to get the new comer's attention.

"Hey buddy! Down here." Waving from his spot on the ground Oskan would raise his glass almost as if in mock cheers. "Do I guy a favor and get me a refill? Kinda enjoying the view." He nodded pointedly to the mosaic of pinup girls stuck across the ceiling.

(Sorry for long reply. Crazy whether here. Internet is kinda unreliable atm.)

Rumze

( rethinking character tone and inspiration - will post later when finalized )
—   
from Maya Angelou

Khaz

(That's more than fine! I understand. Hey, I dunno if any of you would be interested but myself and some friends of mine have a skype chat for rps. It's really helpful for getting a hold of light, random rps that help develop your character and test ideas. I find it to be a bit easier than forums sometimes. Anywho, good luck with developing your char. If you need help or want to pitch some ideas don't hesitate to look me up!)

Rumze

( will do ! Busy with work but should get a blurb up soon )
—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

( this got sidetracked - I ended up having to travel and between having limited access to internet and using what I did have to reserve names , I didn't get round to it . I still am not sure on what kind of character I want. I'm undecided between a charcter insisted by milo from disneys Atlantis or an Edna mole character . As suchwhen I do try writing, I get stuck . Sorry for the delay :x )
—   
from Maya Angelou