News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[WS] Welcome Lunarin! {R}

Started by Rumze, March 18, 2014, 01:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumze

Welcome Lunarin to our forums !
Feel free to chat and discuss threads that you can see !

In addition tell us something about yourself , what you like to do in games, your game history etc so we can get to know you a bit better to boot :)

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Rumze

Here is the roster card which acts as a kind of me in a nutshell QnA:
Of course , some stuff hasn't been decided but feel free to waffle and put your thoughts in - I myself am considering architect as my profession but am also seriously thinking of armor/weaponsmith

I also know we had a quick message exchange on the wildstar central forums and you brought up that your play time is hectic as well as being new to rp - im just noting it down so other folks know as well ! That's not an issue like I said as we have folks who play at odd times and some who were new to rp - there are lots of rp styles in the guild from writing to rping over chat to rping in person to folks who love talking about lore and character stories etc! Like I said, feel free to look around !

Please write an introduction to your character.
Include name, race, gender, profession, alignment.
If you have any crafting disciplines or have other talents, please include those as well.

Do you have alternate characters on the same server?

How did you hear of us?

Is there anyone you have got to know from the family, IC or OOC?

What types of games have you participated in? (include all types, such as pen/paper or MMORPGs, PC, Console, board games, card games.)

What other games are you interested in that Saga participates or is moving towards?

What aspects of gaming have you enjoyed in the past and/or looking forward to enjoying with Saga? Light raiding, dungeon delving, situational roleplay, story-writing, crafting, PvP, etc.

What are you looking for as a member of our guild?

Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines?

Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:
Tell us of your past.

What hobbies and quests do you presently have?

Where do you see yourself in the future?
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Lunarin

I was basically drafting this all day at work. Oops.

Please write an introduction to your character.
Include name, race, gender, profession, alignment.
If you have any crafting disciplines or have other talents, please include those as well.

Lunarin is, as of now, a female Human Engineer (Exile, of course). She's never been interested in fighting for fighting's sake and is fairly squeamish when seeing blood and guts at close range, so she went down the path that would best let her protect herself from afar. The bots help, a lot. Adding to her bot collection, she got herself a Scanbot XVI and can often be found scanning wildlife and the bodies of downed enemies.

No, she does not kill them for Science. They were just, um, attacking her and she was curious how they worked because they're so different and wonderful and she just--

Oops. There goes another one. Well, it's dead anyway, better scan it before it disappea-

Do you have alternate characters on the same server?

Not planning any at the moment, but that might change since I decided on Human instead of Mordesh and I really like the Mordesh design and backstory.

How did you hear of us?

Through your recruiting thread on the WildStar Central forums.

Is there anyone you have got to know from the family, IC or OOC?

No one yet, haha. It will probably take a while, but I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you!

What types of games have you participated in? (include all types, such as pen/paper or MMORPGs, PC, Console, board games, card games.)

I play quite a lot of hidden object and puzzle games (basically stress relief). I have Animal Crossing New Leaf on my 3DS, which is the only 3DS game I have at the moment. No other consoles. I play music rhythm games and endless run games on my iPhone, examples are Subway Surfer and Love Live School Festival. My brother drags me into playing Monopoly Deal (the card version) every two weeks or so, and I generally wipe the floor with him when he's not cheating   :2funny:

On the MMO side, I used to play MapleStory...8 years back? Then I moved on to Flyff, followed by Dragon Nest SEA. I still play Dragon Nest, but I'm pretty much a solo player in there and it gets pretty monotonous.

What other games are you interested in that Saga participates or is moving towards?

I found Saga through WildStar, and that's the only game I'm leaning towards at the moment.

What aspects of gaming have you enjoyed in the past and/or looking forward to enjoying with Saga? Light raiding, dungeon delving, situational roleplay, story-writing, crafting, PvP, etc.

I'm looking forward to story-writing, situational roleplay, dungeon delving, crafting...well, just hanging out and having fun.

What are you looking for as a member of our guild?

A community of people to talk to and have fun with!

Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines?

Yes, I have.

Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:

Tell us of your past.

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a geneticist. I had this best friend, see, who had stripes of glow through her wrists and round her ankles and tons of other places I never got to see, and the most wonderful glowy eyes. And I wanted those eyes. They glowed!

Then I found out about the Contagion.

I freaked out. I'm not exactly proud of it, but you can't expect a ten year old to stay calm when she realizes her best friend had once, well, poked peoples' eyes out and gnawed through their arms! I still have nightmares about it; old brown bloodstained teeth bleeding red at the roots, splatters of grey covering arms that go drip, drip, drip with glistening green goo as I run, run! and realize that I never get further away, I can't get away―

I still can't look a Mordesh straight in the eye.

(Don't ask me why she wanted to become a geneticist when a plastic surgeon would have worked so much better with her desire. Probably wanted to make the glowy eyes permanent and hereditary, eek)

What hobbies and quests do you presently have?

Right now? Well, trying to cook something that tastes nearer to the Normal end of the sliding scale of disgusting tastes. And, quests? Kill things, kill things, kill more things, scan this, scan that, jump up a mountain and kill a giant robot...you know, the usual. Now if they'd stop calling my communicator while I'm trying to scan a Yeti BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS damn the life cycle on this planet can't get dead things to stay dead for more than 30 seconds!

Where do you see yourself in the future?

I see myself retiring on a beach chair in the yard of my flying plot of land, soaking up sunshine with a fancy drink, before heading indoors to my library with a cozy armchair set right by the fireplace and snuggling into it with my datachron loaded with a dozen new Tales from Beyond the Fringe and a mug of hot chocolate.

Now that's a dream.  ;)

Mixxi

Welcome Lunarin!

I'm looking forward to meeting you on Nexus! Look for Domnic, a human warrior or medic/explorer.

And welcome to Saga in general!

Another Animal Crossing addict, eh?  :wv

Talon

Welcome! Welcome!

Pull up a stump and make yourself at home. See you on Nexus.

Sroth

Quote from: Lunarin on March 19, 2014, 06:20:27 AMI play music rhythm games and endless run games on my iPhone, examples are Subway Surfer and Love Live School Festival.
Wait, there's a Love Live game for iOS?  ???

Lunarin

There is, but only from the Japanese app store, though :)

You have no idea how much time I've been sinking into it, gah.

Sroth

So, do you speak Japanese, or it being a rhythm game you simply make do without?

Lunarin

Yep, I speak Japanese. Of course, being a rhythm game it's not so complicated you can't figure it out without knowing how to speak the language, but being able to helps when figuring out what the special events are and what I get from participating, hehe.

Tys

Lunarin-san, Saga e youkoso!

Lunarin

Arigatou gozaimasu! Minna to nakayoku naritai no de, yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
ありがとうございます!みんなと仲良くなりたいので、よろしくお願いします!

I would continue this in Japanese but then no one would understand me  ;D

Sroth

Damn you people! Maybe I should finally stop procrastinating and actually learn Japanese...  :cow

Tys

My Japanese is extremely rusty, but I might be able to follow it. Slowly... Either way, good to have you on board!

PinkRose

Welcome to the Saga guild!

Please be sure to read the posts stickied at the top of this forum and be sure you agree with the rules and charter. This guild has a history, as you will see. It is, well, a Saga.

Thank you for filling out the Roster Card. This procedure is for the others here who will not see you in Wildstar so they can get to know you.

Saga is also part of a multi-game guild formed when a few wandered off to try other games. Sister guilds have formed, and we all come here to check on each other. This multi-game guild is currently called SagaFamily. We are indeed a family.

As an Initiate, you should now have access to the private game related forums, such as questing and crafting disciplines.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!

PinkRose
Master of Initiates
Saga
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.