News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[WS] Welcome Rombur! {R}

Started by Rombur, March 23, 2014, 02:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rombur

Hey all!
I've been looking for a RP guild for Wildstar on and off for a while, and after seeing Rumze's ad on reddit, I come over to check ya'll out.  So far, seems like a cool group of people.  I'm in the weekend betas, and haven't really firmly settled on a character for launch, so just trying stuff out for now.  That said, I'll go ahead and write up an introduction for the one I've been enjoying the most this weekend, and I'll do another one if I end up doing something else.

Please write an introduction to your character.
"So, there I was.  Black Thorndragon swoopin' in for the kill, wounded mates hangin' off BOTH ledges of the leap to safety, and me with just a dagger in me hand.  So of course, I jump back across, get the dragon's attention, and do a bit of a softshoe while singin' "I've got a lovely bunch of Bezelnuts."  The poor thing was so confused, we had time to get away.  That was a fun one."
Include name, race, gender, profession, alignment.
Nobby (Nimblefingers), Aurin Male, Stalker, Explorer, Chaotic Neutral
If you have any crafting disciplines or have other talents, please include those as well.
Outfitter/Survivalist at the moment, but that could easily change.

Do you have alternate characters on the same server?
Sure, but it's beta.  Who doesn't?

How did you hear of us?
Reddit

Is there anyone you have got to know from the family, IC or OOC?
Not yet, but I've only been here for a day.

What types of games have you participated in? (include all types, such as pen/paper or MMORPGs, PC, Console, board games, card games.)
All of the above.

What other games are you interested in that Saga participates or is moving towards?
Nothing else, for now.

What aspects of gaming have you enjoyed in the past and/or looking forward to enjoying with Saga? Light raiding, dungeon delving, situational roleplay, story-writing, crafting, PvP, etc.
Again, all of the above.

What are you looking for as a member of our guild?
Honestly?  Just people to share the game with.  I've discovered through long experience that the only thing that gives an MMO longevity is playing it with friends.

Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines?
Sure.

Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:
Tell us of your past.
Me?  I've been called a rogue, a troublemaker, a good-for-nothing.  'Course, I've also been called devilishly handsome and heroicly brave, though generally not by the same folks as the first group.  Never been called humble, though.  Can't imagine why.  Never fit in all that well on Arboria, meself.  I mean, trees and plants and whatnot are all well and good, but kind of get a bit samey after a while.  I mean, they grow... and that's about it.  Me, I've got a wanderer's soul, and it got me into plenty of scrapes, some with the law, and some with the land.  Always got out alright, though.  Anyhow, far be it from me to be glad we've lost our homeworld, because it ain't true, but everything points to Nexus being more my type of place.  Land of opportunity, it is!

What hobbies and quests do you presently have?
Lessee.... going where I'm not wanted, taking things what ain't technically mine, a bit of a good scrap, and back to the tavern for ales and wenches.  Not sure if that counts as a hobby, or a quest.  Both, maybe?

Where do you see yourself in the future?
Divin' headfirst into danger, where the only outcomes are certain death, or fortune and glory.  That's how I want to live, and if it comes to that, how I want to die.  Not that there's a baddy out there with luck enough to take ol' Nobby down, mind you.

Rumze

Welcome to the forums Rombur!

Have a look around, feel free to take part in discussions and if you see folks on mumble, don't hesitate to join in !
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Gith

Welcome to Saga. I enjoyed the character background. You will fit in fine with all the riffraff here :)

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

PinkRose

Welcome to the Saga guild!

Please be sure to read the posts stickied at the top of this forum and be sure you agree with the rules and charter. This guild has a history, as you will see. It is, well, a Saga.

Please take the time to fill out the attached roster card and post it to this message. This procedure is for the others here who will not see you in Wildstar so they can get to know you. You have two weeks to fill it out, then we'll remind you and give you a two-week extension. 

Saga is also part of a multi-game guild formed when a few wandered off to try other games. Sister guilds have formed, and we all come here to check on each other. This multi-game guild is currently called SagaFamily. We are indeed a family.

As an Initiate, you should now have access to the private game related forums, such as questing and crafting disciplines.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!

PinkRose
Master of Initiates
Saga
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Mixxi

Domnic glances up curiously, not used to hearing stories of that type told in an Aurin voice. Seeing the rakish stance of the newcomer, his eyes crinkle and he masks a grin behind his hand. This is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Still watching the fellow, he surreptitiously transfers his credit pouch from his hip pocket to a deeper pocket inside his shirt.

((Good to meet you! Look forward to taking on the wilds of Nexus with someone of your...various...talents.  :coolsmiley: ))

Talon

Welcome! Welcome!

Quote from: RomburI've discovered through long experience that the only thing that gives an MMO longevity is playing it with friends.

Words more true have never been spoken.

My own Aurin will be keeping an eye on this one as well. *grin* Hope to catch you on one of the weekends before launch, mate.