News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Addon Discussion

Started by Gith, May 05, 2014, 11:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gith

What are people's favourite addons? Also, how well do they work?

Biji Plates looks good but a lot of comments say it grinds the game to a half after about 5 minutes? Because you cannot turn off health/shield bars for random NPCs? Who has used this one?

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Rumze

I used it a bit - Im interested in some really awesome rp mods - that allow you to write your character background or description.
Im waiting for release before I get too into them but nameplates for sure for highlighting healthbars
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Tys

Biji Plates did not affect my game play at all. Maybe these were some older reviews?

Gith

Ah, good to hear. I will definitely install that when the game comes back up. A separate bar for the shield would be handy. It is really difficult to see how much shield someone has how it is currently. Does it put a number on the bars so you can see how much health is in there?

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Arcadia

Hi everyone!

I briefly tried BijiPlates as well as a few other addons before OpsWeek shut down last week. I was testing out healing as an Esper in the Hycrest Insurrection Adventure, and due to the nature of WildStar I can't just chill out in the back and stare at health bars (a favorite past time of mine that I'll have to drop real quick with this game). Getting used to reading both shield and HP depletion was enough to worry about; the fact that BijiPlates stacks them on top of each other made it a lot more intuitive for me to read them in the thick of things. During my time healing in the adventure I didn't notice any real system slowdown while BijiPlates was active. I also had it on during normal PVE out in the world and I didn't notice any issues. My machine isn't quite optimized for the game yet so I can't run it at very high quality, so my experience was around medium and performance seemed pretty normal. Your mileage may vary! Also I didn't really get to see what other benefits the addOn gave beside the shift in the bar layout. I'll be trying it out some more when we're able to play again.

Also... JunkIt. Sells grey items with one button press at a vendor. I won't be able to live without this!
Tumblr Character Blog: Fawkes Swiftcloud

Rumze

Zen item preview is awesome and let's you preview multiple items and I think dab kits as well
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Facet

One I'm really fond of is called SpaceStash. If you're coming from World of Warcraft, it's essentially the same mod as Bagnon. Bagnon puts all of your inventory in one scaleable (at least I'm fairly certain it's scaleable...) window, making it a little easier to organize and find whatever it is you're looking for.

Lunarin

One addon I like (especially for completionists, paths and lore lovers) is NavMate. Shows icons of where journals and datacubes, and path-related things are on your mini map. There's been a couple of times during the beta, though, when it showed that there was a datacube on my minimap (above ground), but it ended up being underground, and I ran around like a headless chicken wondering why I couldn't seem to find that datacube. Also shows taxis and x,y coordinates.

A few that seem to be really useful for grouping (haven't tested it out yet) are GroupRadar & WhereYouAt. Especially when you have party members that run in every direction  ;)

Gith

This is something Tys told me about.

This is a large bundle of addons that will run through Curse Client. You can manage all your addons easily and launch the game from Curse Client.

It will install about 43 of them and then you can go through and delete the ones you don't like. Super easy.

It is yet to be seen if this will lag out the client or not. Apparently not though.

http://teamlegacy.net/topic/15001-team-legacy-essentials-addon-list-download-link/

So install Curse Client then download the pack of addons. It is an .exe which will download and load them all into Curse Client automatically.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Elsavette

One thing to note is that if one goes down the route of using the curse client they may be exposing themselves to some serious security issues. I played WoW for years and only had my account hacked once and that was through using curse. After that I got an authenticator and recommend everyone do so as I never had any issues after that yet, I still wouldn't use the curse client.

Gith

Why does using Curse Client open you up for hacking? Did you use same password/username combination as you did for the forums or something like that?

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Rumze

Curse had an issue with their site - their ads had a java script thingie that exposed them to viruses or something.

—   
from Maya Angelou

Elsavette

In the past Curse has had problems particularly with their client. And even when their security is not an issue hackers target that site and the client specifically. While some people may not make this mistake not everyone may be so vigilant:

http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/curse-client/

People can do as they like and if they have never had any issues that's great. But it's just as easy to manually download the files one wants instead of using the client. Even back in the day I used wowinterface over curse.

Rumze

Yeah - you have ot be careful for sure
—   
from Maya Angelou

Alys

I've been interested in Kilroy, but assumed I would have no requirement for it until I left Alizar and got to an area where the other faction could be encountered. However, a couple of things Scriptorium mentioned recently increased my interest in it, so I wanted to investigate further.

One persistent bug I've seen in the game since launch is that every time I log a character on, the Profanity Filter switches on and the chat switches to No RP. Would using Kilroy override these settings so I no longer have to worry about them?

I love the idea of a reduced chat distance. Does it limit the range at which I can hear all other players, or just the ones likewise using Kilroy?
Alys - Female Cassian Engineer
Corbie"  - Male Human Esper Settler
Pukka - Female Aurin Spellslinger Explorer

Scriptorium

For a very short period, Killroy would save settings for ChatLog for you. However, that code has been removed because Carbine repaired ChatLog. Your profanity filter settings should be sticking now. If they're not, please let me know and "/bug" it. If there's enough need, I can patch ChatLog again, though I'm loath to waste time on fixing code Carbine will likely attend to eventually.

Rumze

I missed this but that's great to know - I will set my chat settings next time I'm on
—   
from Maya Angelou

Scriptorium

Just a note. Killroy 1-3-8 is in release, now with %t target substitution, inline {emotes}, and custom chat colors. I also fixed a "bug" in ChatLog that makes all circles and custom channels mute together. They will now be able to be colored and muted individually.

Rumze

—   
from Maya Angelou

Alys

Hey I just upgraded Kilroy and it's just what I wanted! I can color my channels and circles individually and pipe them to different windows. Thank you so much, Scriptorium!

Now take the weekend off and come play the game with us!  ----(-o

ETA: Just wish to warn people that when they upgrade, all their channels and circles will be turned off, and you will have to enable them in the windows you wish to see them in.
Alys - Female Cassian Engineer
Corbie"  - Male Human Esper Settler
Pukka - Female Aurin Spellslinger Explorer