News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[WS] Welcome Arcadia! {R}

Started by Arcadia, May 27, 2014, 07:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcadia

Greetings all,

I saw the recruitment thread over at Wildstar-Roleplay for Saga and I must say that you sound like such a wonderful group of friends and gamers. My husband and I are really excited to play Wildstar and would love to find a home among its RP community. That said, I thought I'd come here and introduce myself and include the questionnaire-- it's sort of a work-in-progress until I get more of a final outlook on my characters (as I'm not sure which one I'll main... bit of an alt-oholic here). Anyway, I look forward to meeting you here and in-game!

*Please write an introduction to your character.*

(I am placing the 2 I will likely be starting with here)

Name: Mortasha Simonova
Species: Mordesh
Class: Medic
Profession: Health & 'beauty' product manufacturing and sales
Alignment: Neutral Good
Crafting discipline: Technologist
Other talents/interests: Vending machine repairs

Name: Fawkes Swiftcloud
Species: Aurin
Class: Spellslinger
Profession: Cargo deliverer, courier, small vessels pilot
Alignment: Neutral
Crafting discipline: Gatherer
Other talents/interests: Exploration

*Do you have alternate characters on the same server?*

Yes~ card carrying alt-oholic but will probably be sticking to 2 these characters at launch. (don't quote me, please...)

*How did you hear of us?*

Stumbled upon a thread at Wildstar-Roleplay.com

*Is there anyone you have got to know from the family, IC or OOC?*

No, I have not had the pleasure to really meet anyone yet, but I briefly chatted with Rumze about Saga. I hope to meet more of you soon!

*What types of games have you participated in? (include all types, such as pen/paper or MMORPGs, PC, Console, board games, card games.)*

I've played all kinds of games, starting with Atari & the NES when I was a kid (not to horribly date myself) and I have been playing video games ever since. I played DnD in college and have played lots of MMOs, most recently WoW, TERA, and GW2.

*What other games are you interested in that Saga participates or is moving towards?*

Currently I have my sights set just on Wildstar. :)

*What aspects of gaming have you enjoyed in the past and/or looking forward to enjoying with Saga? Light raiding, dungeon delving, situational roleplay, story-writing, crafting, PvP, etc.*

I look forward to situational RP that might help me flesh out my character(s) or help others do the same. I love dungeon'ing and Wildstar will be a steep learning curve for me (I usually take the role of healer but it's so completely different from healing in other MMOs that I'm used to) so I'm hoping to find some people who are easygoing and eager to get better together. I also love trying to figure out game economies and make money through crafting, gathering and other ventures. Raiding is something I always want to experience but I am usually intimidated by it. I have more or less sworn off of PvP because, years ago in WoW, I became aware of a very dark, very frightening side of myself that was only triggered by participating PvP. So uh... heh heh... there's that. World PvP might be an exception... *twitch*

*What are you looking for as a member of our guild?*

I would like to help foster a safe place for like-minded people in the community, knowing that not everyone has a lot of time to devote to playing, but when online I'd like to be a friendly and helpful-as-possible member of the group.

*Have you read and agree to our Guild Policies and Guidelines?*

Yes I have!

*Please answer the following three questions, IN CHARACTER:

Tell us of your past

Before you stands a gaunt female Mordesh. Her skin is a dark, swampy green but maintains something a truly living person might call a "sheen". Her eyes are fixated into the distance, a difficult-to-stare-at neon orange glow is set behind her otherwise disinterested gaze. Her lips are an unhealthy hue of mauve-ish violet, and they are puffy and puckered in a very obvious grimace. After blinking a few times to register that she is in fact... sentient, she raises a slender hand and makes a slow but very matter-of-fact gesture. "Hullo, darlink." Her voice is husky and her accent is painfully thick. "My past. Vat you are seeink before you..." She motions to her long torso with her spindly fingers. "... is evidence enough of my past. The past, it is a dead think, und I vould join it in its eternal slumber if I vould dwell on it further." She purses her lips even further and directs her gaze elsewhere. "I have, how you say, lost a great deal to the darkness of the past: my femily, my friends, my business, my..." She hesitates. "... life." She turns back with an expression that loosely resembles intense resolve. "But I vill not let the future to be doink the same."

What hobbies and quests do you presently have?

"My hobbies, they are very simple. My people, they suffer. I do not vish this to be the vay of thinks. I am, how you say, vorking to provide the basic comforts to them. I am retailink Dr. Lazarin's brand of the beauty und health products, as vell as developink my own line of supplements. Also, I am available to assist any und all as, how you are callink it... a fieldink medic. Guaranteed to be keepink you less dead than the legal maximum. Please to be readink the disclaimers on all service contracts."

Where do you see yourself in the future?:

A strange, twisted smirk appears on her purple lips, and it is gone in a flash to her usual long frown. "The future... it is naught but a small flicker of light to my people. For me, personally, it means nothink. I am doomed. A cause that is beink lost. A ghost driftink along a current-less stream of darkness und despair." She pauses and shifts her gaze upward. "I do have the faith in Dr. Lazarin und his colleagues. Faith that they vill do vatever they can to find vat they are lookink for on Nexus. However, it is foolish to think that a miracle is beink possible for ve who exist now. Ve must live as we are, not as ve vere, und not vith the hope of vat ve could be again. Ve are... perhaps lucky... that ve have allies who, for vat reason I am not knowink, saw value in us vhere... others did not. For that, ve owe a high debt. I am intending to pay my share by providing the support und aid to those allies, the Exiles, until the day that I cease to be. Und if it is beink up to me, that vill be a long, long time from now."
Tumblr Character Blog: Fawkes Swiftcloud

Zemnari

Welcome to Saga! Usually there is someone to bring you pie but I think they have the day off.

Arcadia

Quote from: Zemnari on May 27, 2014, 07:56:04 AM
Welcome to Saga! Usually there is someone to bring you pie but I think they have the day off.

No problem- it's the thought that counts. ;) Thank you very much!

Rumze

Hey Arcadia ! Sorry for the delay , I'm at work but took a moment to welcome you to our forums!
I look forward to learning the ropes with ya and your hubby ! I'm going esper spas I love healing and between the two of us we should be able to learn healing in wildstar for sure !
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

Arcadia

Quote from: Rumze on May 27, 2014, 11:56:31 AM
I'm going esper spas I love healing and between the two of us we should be able to learn healing in wildstar for sure !

Woo hoo! Healers unite! Thanks for the welcome and we look forward to seeing you in game!

Gith

Quote from: Arcadia on May 27, 2014, 07:37:47 AM
I have more or less sworn off of PvP because, years ago in WoW, I became aware of a very dark, very frightening side of myself that was only triggered by participating PvP.

Embrace the dark side ... use your anger. STRIKE DOWN YOUR ENEMIES!

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Elly

Hello!

Nice to see more gamer couples around. :)  My husband Ethawn and I met while raiding years ago (he was the main tank and I was the healer always assigned to him). I definitely approve of couples gaming together.

We're all so healer starved after GW2 that I understand why there's so many wanting to be that this time around! I'm leaning Spellslinger heals or Medic heals. Not sure which yet.

Anyway, nice to meet you and I'm sure we'll see you around this weekend. ^_^

-Elly/Elandrie

Talon

Hello! Welcome!

No doubt be seeing you around the Wildstar world.

Hah, Gith.

Alys

Welcome! I had similar trouble with the IC part of the questionnaire. "It's like they expect me play only one character, but THAT can't be right. You can't see everything if you only play ONE character!"
Alys - Female Cassian Engineer
Corbie"  - Male Human Esper Settler
Pukka - Female Aurin Spellslinger Explorer

Forsetti

Hi Arcadia!

So many great folks showing up for WildStar! Will be nice to half so many friends around for an MMO again. I cant wait to meet the other half.

P.S.  still waiting on my pie........
Grammar: The difference between knowing your s**t & knowing you're s**t.....

Elsavette

Howdy and welcome. Like many I've been finding it challenging nailing down my characters prior to launch. They continue to evolve over time which has been fun but I am eager to begin cementing their place once launch. I am also focusing on healing on my main starting with medic healing but all the classes are enjoyable so no doubt I will have several alts. Sounds like there will be several people to theory-craft with and bounce stuff off.

PinkRose

Welcome to the Saga guild!

Please be sure to read the posts stickied at the top of this forum and be sure you agree with the rules and charter. This guild has a history, as you will see. It is, well, a Saga.

Please take the time to finish filling out the roster card. This procedure is for the others here who will not see you in Wildstar so they can get to know you. You have two weeks to fill it out, then we'll remind you and give you a two-week extension. 

Saga is also part of a multi-game guild formed when a few wandered off to try other games. Sister guilds have formed, and we all come here to check on each other. This multi-game guild is currently called SagaFamily. We are indeed a family.

As an Initiate, you should now have access to the private game related forums, such as questing and crafting disciplines.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!

PinkRose
Master of Initiates
Saga
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Arcadia

PinkRose, thank you for the welcome and the guild information! I wanted to let everyone know that I updated the OP with my finished Roster Card.

Thanks to everyone else for the welcomes and hellos! I can't wait to meet you guys in-game and will see you around on the forums. :)