News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

(WS) The Sound of Two Aurin RPing (Shaylene and Fawkes)

Started by GutsMcGurt, June 03, 2014, 11:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GutsMcGurt

As he mentioned living in the ship, Shaylene let her shoulders slump and sigh as he basically described her own living conditions.  The moment he mentioned the house though her body snapped back to it's proper place and she swiftly stepped past him to where his thumb pointed, completely missing his nervousness. 

"I wanna see!" She exclaimed.
Characters -
(Shaylene) Shaylene Driftstone : Aurin Stalker (tank) Outfitter Soldier
(Milner) Joseph Milner : Human Engineer (tank) Architect Settler
(Tanua) Tanua ? : Human Esper (DPS)... drunk... explorer.
(Neyrid) Dr. Neyrid Wonderleaf : Aurin Spellslinger (Healer) technologist and scientist.

Arcadia

Fawkes grabbed Shaylene's arm and scurried off behind the cargo ship. "It's this way!"

A few long strides brought them to a stretch of clear land, interrupted only by a structure, if worthy to be called that, sitting in the corner of the floating dome. It was comprised of a stone slab foundation on which a wooden floor rested. There were some struts and the suggestion of walls... but nothing that could really be called a house.

Fawkes let go of Shaylene's arm and crossed his arms proudly over his chest, admiring the very did-it-ourselves mess that stood before them. "There it is! What d'ya think?"
Tumblr Character Blog: Fawkes Swiftcloud

GutsMcGurt

When he grabbed her arm, her face went blank but still let herself be dragged to the structure.  Mostly due to her own living conditions, the sight before her was still enough to make her mouth and eyes open side in excitement.  She turned swiftly to him.

"This is what I'm talking about!  You can do so much with this!"  She walked brisky from side to side of the structure, admiring the simple little things about it rather than how rag tag it looks.  The gears in her brain were obivously turning.

"I mean, this is amazing!  A whole let better than living in a ship where you're stuck and can't really do much of anything with it."  The sound of remorse on that last sentence was more than apparent.
Characters -
(Neyrid) Dr. Neyrid Wonderleaf : Aurin Spellslinger (Healer) technologist and scientist.

Arcadia

Fawkes blinked his blue eyes while she spoke of living in a ship, and carefully watched her as she moved around the unfinished building. "My dad wanted to like... build a place where people could come talk to him about stuff. Ya know, like jobs they wanted him to do or supplies they wanted to order. Maybe a place where they could eat or drink something before they left, to make them feel cozy. He always did that from the ship before but it's really small and stuffy in there."

Fawkes pointed his thumb behind him toward the teleporter in the corner of the island. "People were always askin' for rocks and shiny stones and stuff so we dug up part of the ground over there and found some! 'Struck it easy!' That's what dad said." Fawkes cracked a small smile and slipped his hands into his pockets. "Now I don't really know where to pick up... I mean... I'm no good at buildin' stuff. And I dunno how my dad got people to come buy stuff from him..."

Fawkes shuffled his big brown boots in the dirt and looked up to the domed sky. "I shoulda been paying more attention. I never thought he'd leave me... ya know?"

GutsMcGurt

At first she continued to walk around the front of the house, listening to him, but when he gets to the end she glances back at him with a raised eyebrow.  Walking slowly over to him, her hands behind her back.

"Well it's simple, he had help and learned.  A squad helps one another.  I count you as part of my squad so count me in.  I can see about getting you some military contracts for deliveries."  She leans to one side some, looking slightly up to the side in thought.  "Yeah I think I have access to that, or atleast have the clearance to recommend people someone."  She glances back towards him with a reassuring smile.

"Once the money comes in, you can hire people to help build.  In the mean time I can check with some contractors that FCON uses and see if any of them owe my unit any favors.  Granted these aren't sure things or will even be easy, but it's a start."  She smiles still, keeping it to herself that in a way, she is living and experiencing her freedom away from FCON through him.
Characters -

Arcadia

Fawkes looked back down at her and made a few faces denoting his difficulty in following what she'd been saying. To cover for this, he smiled wide and shook his head briskly, his big ears bobbing along wit the motion as they perked up. "Ah, OK! Sounds great! Wow, Shaylene, you sure are smart and resourceful. I'm glad you're my friend!"

GutsMcGurt

She grins wide and rubs the back of her ear in embrassment.  She really had no idea if all of that was something she could pull off and is glad this sort of thing was just explained to her the night before otherwise she wouldn't have remembered all of that.

"Ok, ok, no promises though!  I can only get things started, it's up to you to follow through with them."  She grins sheepishly again, not believing she literally just quoted her Commanding Officer word for word.  After a moment what he said really sinked in and her grin faded a bit though the sheepishness remained.

"Listen, Fawkes, I'm glad and everything for all the time we spent doing my missions and jobs, and I can never thank you enough for all the help you gave me...." She trailed off some and started to rub her own shoulder while glancing off to the side some.  "But you saw what I do is pretty dangerous, and... well... I don't let myself have too many friends... if anyway... because of that."  Her hand continues rubbing the oppisite shoulder, unclear of what to say or how to say it.
Characters -