News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Scanning the horizon for new MMO's

Started by Elly, February 12, 2015, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen

As an altaholic who leveled 13 characters to 80, I find the leveling experience to be very limiting in GW2 now.  So much so, that even though the game is fun at level 80, I can't even bring myself to play because of the amount of bitterness that I feel for how I can't level my current low level characters with the freedom I did the others.

I hear other folks have no issues with the current leveling system, though.
a.k.a. Tuppen

Rumze

I've invested in crowfall kickstarter - the combat seems like
Wildstar which I like and the eternal kingdom part which belongs to players seems to hold promise - the crafting hasn't been discussed a lot yet but it's supposed to be player driven and is being done by swg guy. It's very pvp focused though so I'm not sold on that and the community seems a bit meh - but for now it has the same vibes as eqn had for me so I'm tentatively looking forward to it
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

ElektroViking

Quote from: Talon on March 10, 2015, 04:53:47 PM
Perhaps a bit off-topic.
For example, apparently being able to use the Asura Gates is unlocked at a certain level (18) now. Presumably meaning you're stuck in your home zone unless you want to walk. There is a certain aspect of adventure to that, though.
It seems as though weapon skills are now also level-based like utility skills rather than based on usage of a weapon. Not sure I approve of that one. Or the ability to pick up Points of Interest for map completion doesn't become available until level 7 (assuming I'm reading it right) seems a bit arbitrary.
You only have to acquire this achievement on 'one' character. After that Asura Gates and any Level Based map completion are open across the account.
And only an OffHand weapon is level based to learn how to use it. lvl7?

Quote from: Talon on March 10, 2015, 04:53:47 PMOn the plus side, there are scrolls of experience that let you level up to level 20 instantly for a character on your account (if you have one, that have been rewards in the past for content) and the daily login rewards have a bag of experience giving you a tome of experience that can be transferred to any character on your account and used to gain one level. They come in a variety of volumes depending on how many logins. If you log in every day for a month you would end up with 10 tomes, so ten levels.
Experience Scroll will level a character to level 20, Found in Massive Achievement Chest (5000 achievement points)
Tome of Knowledge will give you an entire Level, no matter when you use it. If your lvl80 it will give you a Skill Point.
Writ of Experience will give you 5% of XP need to level.
EQ1: (league of shadows) Zaemai Solusekro, Bryars Bloodrose
EQ2: (Saga) Tanuvan, Ticki, Rizzle
SWtoR: (Dark Squadron) Darth Pernicious
GW2: (Saga) Rick Ratchyt(80), Ticki Tock(80), Duegar, Mystic Krull

Talon

Thanks for the clarification, ElektroViking!

I'm quite annoyed at those experience scrolls. They don't always stack. But really useful if you start a newbie.

Talon

So not new, exactly, but if you haven't gotten into Guild Wars 2 yet now's a great time. Lots of interesting things happening to the world.

And an expansion is on the way with additions to each class as well as a brand new class.

If you missed it up until now, the original Guild Wars 2 game is on SALE again. $10 normal digital edition or $15 for deluxe version.

You will need the original game to play the expansion that's coming ... no date yet.

This sale expires 13th April (U.S. Time).