News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Has Gone Free to Play*

Started by Talon, August 30, 2015, 05:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Guild Wars 2 has gone free-to-play starting immediately.

This applies only to the original/core game, of course, not the expansion content. I put an asterisk as there are some restrictions in order to protect the community from botting and the like but it's still a great way to introduce a friend to Guild Wars 2 to learn how they can enjoy the world.

And all of those can be removed by buying the expansion.

If you're interested, there's a Free to Play FAQ.

PinkRose

About time.
I hope FamilyMembers jump on this and check it out with all those who are actively playing.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Mixxi

Some of us are very actively playing, so PLEASE shoot us a note or chime in here.

I'd love to do just about anything, and if you'd like a group for a dungeon, fractal, or personal story, it would be easy to put one together.

Don't feel shy about saying, "Hey, need help with this step, but then I want to just putter on my own."

We also have some pretty nifty RP going on regarding the rise of Mordremoth, so if you'd like to get into that or would like some folks to play off of for something else, just send up a flare. :)