News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Now, where did I put my goosebumps?

Started by Jasyn, January 19, 2016, 07:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasyn

PinkRose

Thanks for the trailer, Jasyn.
Does one need to watch the Clone Wars series first?
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Jasyn

Not really a prerequisite, in my opinion.  There have been some nice callbacks to Clone Wars for anyone who watched, but there's nothing that would prevent anyone from following the story in Rebels.

The only exception might be that you'd want to get a rundown on Anakin and his padawan from Clone Wars and what becomes of her toward the end of the series, which gives a couple of Rebels plot developments a wee bit more impact.  Judging from the S2 midseason trailer, they may be planning to backfill that history a bit for the unfamiliar.

Jasyn

Holy Sith.  My heart is still racing.

I literally just finished watching the Season 2 Finale of Star Wars Rebels...  It.  Was.  Amazing.  :bdg

PinkRose

Caught an episode of Rebels while in Disneyland.
The one with the flying space whales.
Pretty good, but I'm not sure I side with people stealing gasoline.
Damn Rebel Scum.
I'm torn about letting my kids watch it and turning to the dark side.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Lyrima

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

tanare

yeah rebels is a good show, I think I like it better than clone wars at this point. rebels are much more of an underdog than team Anakin so even simple things end up being a struggle. like the aforementioned- "um guys we need gas" thing

nice to see everyone in their younger/earlier days too (not getting less vague than that if you hadn't seen yet) as well as tie ins to the "whatever happened to X from clone wars" tie ins from that era as well.

Mixxi

So many people I respect have recommended Rebels. I think I need to watch this.

Jasyn

When Season 1 began, you could count me among the skeptical.  Clone Wars had just been canceled, the studio had announced it would tweak its animation style for Rebels, the whole Disney dynamic was scary and brand new, and I really didn't know what to expect.

By midseason, the bait was looking oh so tasty.  By season's end, the hook was lodged in my mouth.

At the start of Season 2, I was being reeled in vigorously as I splashed and flailed joyously--lacking any aquatic artistry remotely akin to skiing atop the water's surface.  After the season finale, consider me filleted, stuffed, fully cooked, served, and dressed with a sprig of parsley for your dining pleasure.

Also, after Episode 2.19 ("The Forgotten Droid"), I am officially smitten with Chopper even more than I am BB-8.

Askari

In my opinion, Star Wars: The Clone Wars started out very awkwardly. The movie and the first season sorta bounced around in the timeline and it was hard for me to embrace animated Anakin after seeing the live action Episodes II and III.

However, by a couple seasons into Clone Wars, the writing got much better and I started to think of animated Anakin as the "real Anakin". I really loved the later seasons of Clone Wars.

Similarly, Star Wars: Rebels started out pretty darned slow for me too. Ezra as a lead didn't do much for me in the first several episodes (and still doesn't), but I eventually really liked Hera, Sabine, Zeb and Chopper... so I got hooked. Season 2 has been pretty good.

One of the interesting things to come from these animated shows is that Ahsoka Tano is possibly my favorite character in the Star Wars universe. I was really hoping she'd make the transition to live action Episode VIII.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw is cast in an undisclosed role and would look fantastic as Ahsoka. Ahsoka would be about 70 in Episode VIII, but that could still be pretty robust for a force-using togruta. I personally think Ahsoka Tano would be a better person to rebuild the Jedi Order than Luke. Without getting into spoilers, it would bring her story full circle if she were to become the matriarch of the New Jedi Order and start filling it with youngsters like the new cast of Force Awakens.

EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Jasyn

When Star Wars: The Clone Wars ended, I thought I was going to hate Star Wars: Rebels.  After a tentative start, I'm now addicted, and the new season is too many months away.  Guess I'll have to put the Season 3 Trailer on a loop.

:tan:

Mixxi

Talon and I binge-watched Rebels season 1 and 2 when I was in Australia visiting. We are addicted.

The new season looks like it will not disappoint.