News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

I need a 'place' in which to rp

Started by Lyrima, June 20, 2016, 10:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrima

So in games past where I was a member of a larger Saga guild, we dedicated a space - guild chat, zone RP chat, special channel set up for the purposes- where I could use a 'tavern' or 'guild hall' as a place from which to launch my RP.  I love having stairs and beams and bartenders and tables...just stuff to use.  It seriously helps me be in character.

Do we have something like that set up in BDO ?  Can we make one if we don't? And by 'make' I mean agree to a type of space I can use and where I should be using it?

Thank you!  :kia
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Mixxi

In this game, I tend to respond from where ever I am, kind of adopting the idea that we are able to communicate immediately somehow (not getting bogged down in the details). When I do set RP in a tavern (as Tariq and Xerick sometimes do, since they drum together in a regular jam session of caravan traders from Mediah), I imagine the tavern in Heidel at the bottom of the main street. But that is, most assuredly, just  my idiosyncracy.

Lyrima

So I'm asking the leadership or general population of our ig folks if anyone has an issue with me talking in Guild as if there is a tavern in which we might all be hanging out.  Folks wouldn't have to be there ...

Maybe I can lead with something along the lines of <looks around to see who is hanging out in the Tavern> and folks can respond if they want to be IN the tavern and others can indicate they are not.  There are lots of ways Lyrima can ask who is in the space with her, allowing those who want to be to respond accordingly.

I think it's been pretty seamless in other games - I just didn't want to upset anyone.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Mixxi

I don't think anything would upset folks. Everyone's very relaxed in BDO. :)