News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Words, words, language and hello! Please answer questions inside <nod>

Started by Lyrima, June 20, 2016, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrima

So, the way I run my character's personalities is always started with a language.

Lyrima started out a southern belle.  <pauses for those of you who remember completely negate that idea>  No, seriously, I looked up southern phrases in the US and used most of them.  It quickly slid into this mismash of slang on the street (yo!) and southern belle.

Anyone who knows Lyrima knows she is the furthest thing from a belle, southern or otherwise, as someone can get.  And the southern/street thing isn't working this time around at all. I've decided on something completely different.  You'll see.

I'm here posting all this because Zhapaja's original story, which doesn't fit at ALL with this game, was that she didn't speak the language in EQ2.  I based her language loosely on the American English mistakes my European friends made, which morphed into this childlike learning to speak language.

Yeah.  I can't get that back to save my soul.

I have ANOTHER idea for Zhapaja, which is to speak in Doge. 
For those of you who don't know what that is YAYAYAYAYAY because then you might find it entertaining. 
For those of you that do, my 17 year old son tells me that is SO OUTDATED that I will drive everyone crazy and feel embarrassed a year from now that I did this.

Doge.  It's fun!  Should I do it?  Never know what this will morph into as I go along....

Much serious.  Is Doge a very mistake?
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Jasyn

Didn't even know this was a "thing".

If it's for Zhappy, I say go for it!

Askari

EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Lyrima

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

PinkRose

It's so outdated only in that the internet moves at 10x normal speed.
I absolutely say go for it.
For me, characters need a hook for me to really feel them. I know you're the same and this should be a nice place to start.
Much love. So good luck.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Lyrima

Thanks Pinkie!  :smitten:

Showed the boy these three responses.  He remains unconvinced (of course he does, he's 17!)

I know what I'm gonna do! Wheeee!
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC