News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Something strange is afoot in Calpheon

Started by Askari, June 26, 2016, 11:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Askari

Make Calpheon Great Again

click image to make image it YUGE
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Jasyn

Quote from: Askari on June 26, 2016, 11:52:18 AM
Make Calpheon Great Again

omg... why...?  :buck2:

Does Sal have the slogan printed on the front of his head wear?

Askari

Part of the node wars function. Apparently, the guild who <insert some dumbass PvP mechanic>, gets their guild symbol plastered on all of the nation's flags.

So Trump's face is all over Calpheon, Kanye West's all over Serendia, Kim Kardashian's all over Balenos, and Taylor Swift all over Mediah.

I went to the boards to see if there was a command to not show them and it's full of pro-PvPer's saying those guilds have "earned" the right to force you to look at those pictures and if you don't like it you should form a guild, take over, and display a different picture... or go cry more carebears... hahahahaha!

So much for this being one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Jasyn

Quote from: Askari on June 26, 2016, 03:09:17 PM
So much for this being one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

But doesn't this development now make this the biggest, most beautiful game in the history of games ever by default? 

No need to answer that.  :-[

I hope there's a Justin Trudeau node wars PvP guild out there.

Alys

Luciform is just performing a public service, reminding you how RL cities might end up depending on how the vote goes in November.
Alys - Female Cassian Engineer
Corbie"  - Male Human Esper Settler
Pukka - Female Aurin Spellslinger Explorer

Allen

I did my best to ignore it all weekend, but frankly it was immersion breaking and I played less than I would have otherwise.
a.k.a. Tuppen

Gith

Wait, that was actually in the game, not photoshopped?

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Allen

Gith,

Yes, it was in the game--and still is.   As were pictures of other celebrities from various memes.
I sincerely hope that Daum sets some standards for guild emblems or at least gives us an option to toggle them off.

I played an alt most of the weekend and tried to avoid locations where banners/flags are displayed by NPC's.
a.k.a. Tuppen

Gith

Wow, that is not cool. I play games to avoid Trump's face all over the news. f**k that guy.

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

PinkRose

Interesting.
Real-life asshats in a virtual game worshiping real life asshats in a virtual game.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alys

It seems to be safe to return now. Everyone's gone back to their old guild symbols.
Alys - Female Cassian Engineer
Corbie"  - Male Human Esper Settler
Pukka - Female Aurin Spellslinger Explorer

Lyrima

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC