News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

July 20 Patch Notes -- Some big changes

Started by Mixxi, July 20, 2016, 08:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxi

<<Copied from Reddit>>

Source:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/103337-patch-notes-july-20th/
[NEW] Skill Reset and Skill Add-On System:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/101795-upcoming-skill-and-awakening-system-revisions/
Event & System

• Two new classes are being introduced: Ninja and Kunoichi
• To ensure all players can participate with the release of the new classes, one additional character slot will be awarded for free.
• The "Skill Awakening System" will be revised and replaced with the "Skill Add-On System", for more details click >here<.
• Golden Dagger Event has been started.
    - Golden Coelacanth Event has ended.
The following Events will start:
Fun In The Sun

additional info >here<.
• Start Date: July 21st 10:00 UTC
• End Date: August 31st 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)
During the event players will receive daily gifts for logging into the game, however unlike previous events you are not required to log in consecutive days in a row. Players must only acquire a total of 30 days logged in, out of the 42 days the event will be running.
http://i.imgur.com/PpgHaFz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/B4dxF7M.png
You may claim your reward daily, upon logging in you will be greeted with a screen that contains the above listed items. Simply select the reward that is available from this screen to receive the item.
Colors of Summer

additional info >here<.
We're happy to announce alongside the introduction of Merv's Palette, players will be able to participate in an additional month long event "Colors of Summer". To allow players to explore the full potential of the dye system, the following will go into effect at the conclusion of July 20th's maintenance:
Bleach (Loyalty) May be purchased up to a maximum of 20 per account for 1 loyalty each.
Bleach (Pearls) Will be on sale for 50% off (50p → 25p) from July 20th through August 3rd.
Class Changes

Warrior

• Fixed an issue where unintended kicks would be triggered by using the ability Ground Smash right after Sideways Cut.
• Fixed an issue where the damage was not always applied when using the ability "Slash X" directly after moving to the left or right.
• The amount of durability decrease has been slightly reduced.

Ranger

• The amount of durability decrease has been slightly reduced.

Sorcerer

• Damage done in PvP from the ability "Dark Flame" has been slightly decreased.
• Fixed an issue where the absorption of MP was not possible while using the ability "Shadow Riot" with 3 Shards of Darkness active.

Berserker

• Fixed an issue where the damage of the ability "Ultimate: Fierce Strike" was lower than its description.

Tamer

• Fixed the issue where monsters were not being pulled properly when using the ability "Void Lightning III"
• Animation speed of the ability "Summon Heilang" has been increased.
• Animation speed of the ability "Absorbing Heilang" has been increased.
• Animation speed of failing to "Absorb Heilang" has been increased.
• Fixed the issue where Heilang breaks guard on abilities such as "Super Armor".
• Basic and Skill attack AP for Heilang has been increased.
• Heilang AI has been revamped
    - Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack when summoned for the 1st time.
    - Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack while under the commands: Follow, Stay, or Sit.
    - Heilang will no longer use its combat skills when the Tamer uses their own skill while under the commands: Stay or Sit.
    - Heilang will attack first or counterattack during as normal while under the command: Attack.

Valkyrie

• Fixed the issue where jumping was still possible when weight was above 125%.
• Fixed an issue where the skill description of the ability "Punishment" included mounted combat.
• Key combination description has been added to ability "Sharp Light".

Witch & Wizard

• Using the skill of "Magic Lighthouse" will now immediately activate to aggro Monsters and decreases their DP.
• Aggro generation for using the ability "Magic Lighthouse" has been dramatically increased.
• Fixed the issue where the speed of certain skills were different while mounted or dismounted for the following abilities:
    - Magic Arrow
    - Fireball
    - Chain Lightning
    - Blizzard
    - Meteor Shower
• Fixed the issue where Lightning Storm buff was not being applied occasionally while using the ability "Chain Lightning"
• Fixed the issue where Fireball Explosion could be learned without learning the ability "Fireball".
• Hitting effect color of the abilities "Lightning Storm" and "Residual Lightning" have been changed.
• Fixed issue where the effect Explosive Hit was being applied late when using the ability "Absorb Mana" while on a mount.
• Fixed issue where the damage of the ability "Concentrated Magic Arrow" wasn't being applied properly
• Damage of the ability "Concentrated Magic Arrow" has been decreased when used in PvP.

Musa

• The ability "Ultimate: Blind Slash" can be used through hotkey while mounted now.
• Fixed issue where "Arrow Grapple" could be used through hotkey.
• Fixed the issue where "Blooming" was not activated after learning "Blooming: Phantom".
• Fixed the issue where cool down timer wasn't reset when using the ability "Rising Storm" while mounted.
• Movement speed has been increased when using "Chase" skills with Blade or Tiger Blade.
    - (For Maewha, movement speed is the same as before when using chase with tiger blade.)

Maehwa

• Fixed the issue where "Blooming" was not activated after learning "Blooming: Phantom".
• The ability "Blind Slash" can be used through hotkey while mounted now.
• Fixed issue where Arrow Grapple could be used through hotkey.
• Movement speed has been increased when using "Chase" with blade.

Item Changes

Heating for Rare level or higher Accessory have been added.
• Ogre Ring
• Binder Necklace
• Necklace of Good Deeds
• Scarla Necklace
• Bensho's Necklace
• Ljurik's Necklace
• Ancient Guardian's Seal
• Token of Friendship
• Witch's Earring
• Binder Earring
• Mesto Earring
• Ridell Earring
• Earring of Dim Magical Power
• Earring of Concentrated Magical Power
• Earring of Sealed Magical Power
• Blue Whale Molar Earring
• Blue Coral Earring
• Red Coral Earring
• Mark of Shadow
• Shrine Guardian Token
• Binder Ring
• Ring of Good Deeds
• Nert Ring
• Outlaw's Ring
• Ring of Dim Magical Power
• Ring of Concentrated Magical Power
• Ring of Sealed Magical Power
• Ljurik's Ring
• Blue Coral Ring
• Red Coral Ring
• Rhutum Belt
• Rhutum Elite Belt
• Binder Belt
• Tree Spirit Belt
• Belt of Shultz the Gladiator
• Gartner Belt
• Rhutum Fighter Belt
• Ljurik's Belt
• Rhutum Elite Fighter Belt
• Sturdy Rhutum Elite Fighter Belt
• Secret Belt
• Scientist's Will
• Recreated Scientist's Will
• Ancient Weapon Core
Added "Bleach" item to loyalty shop at the cost of 1 loyalty per, you may purchase a maximum of 20 of this item per Account. * This item will be available for a limited time only.

Mechanic Changes

• The Night Vendor - Patrigio, has been added.
    - Patrigio sells various black market items and is only accessible in the night hours. Viewing the goods sold by this vendor will consume 50 energy, for more information click >here<.
• The Day Vendor - Morco, has been added.
    - Morco sells various tools, gems, and other items during the daylight hours. Viewing the goods sold by this vendor will consume 10 energy.
    - Speaking with Morco will also provide players with hints on where to find his night counterpart Patrigio.
• The chance of getting higher tier horses while breeding has been increased.
• Swimming Mechanic Changes:
    - Swimming animation has been altered when wearing Splat Fisher's Clothes.
    - Stamina consumption while swimming has been decreased.
    - Swimming speed will be decreased by 30% when players stamina hits 0.
    - Players will automatically float to the surface of the water when the Breath Gauge reaches 0 while diving.
      - In the event a boat, rock, or other object is blocking the player's path to the surface of the water, they may move horizontally until their path is no longer obstructed.
• Fixed the issue where the small drum stays on the boat when player is swimming while wearing it.
• Falling motion has been added when players fall from a great height.
• Camera shake effect has been decreased when the angle of camera is too low to the ground.
• Number of pets Players can have out increased to a maximum of 4.
Interface Changes

• Buff icon for items introduced with the new "Skill Add-On System" have been added.
• Cooldown time will be indicated to the nearest tenth in tooltip descriptions.
• Fixed the issue where the word "Dyed" was indicated in Korean from item tooltips linked in chat.
• Level Up Guide will show up only when the player levels up in a safe zone or enters a safe zone.
• Fixed the issue where the balance of stored silver was displayed incorrectly in the inventory window after repairing equipment.
• Skill window now shows total skill points and amount of used points.
• [French] (F1) Help menu has been improved.

Resolved Issues

• Fixed issue where the animation for fishing did not stop when the durability of fishing rod had reached 0 while auto fishing.
• Cannon workshop has been changed to Storage
- Processing or stuck workers are released
- Materials for processing cannons are refunded as silver by in-game mail to all users affected
- Processed cannons have been refunded as silver by in-game mail to all users affected

Mixxi

Glad I've been making a tanky build for my wizard. :P "Healing Lighthouse" becoming a significant AoE taunt is going to be very interesting.

Taunting skills are pretty weak in this game, from what I can see. Having something like this on a class that is definitely NOT designed to be a tank is very odd.

I suspect wizards are going to be spending a ton more silver on potions now. :P

Allen

They were pretty unclear in the patch notes about that lighthouse skill...I am hoping they don't change it to give aggro to the wizard.   

The way it has worked in the past is that you cast the spell, it summons an orb that takes about 2 seconds or so to pulse--but when it pulses, the ORB gets the aggro from creatures near it. 

I am hoping that the patch notes mean that the ORB will generate more aggro and will pulse immediately upon casting; thus removing the delay that allowed the wizard to get beat upon for a second or more.

The best thing out of this patch for me?!  The new dye pallet!  YAY!  I will gladly pay $10 worth of pearls per month to be able to change the dye on my armor as much as I want.
a.k.a. Tuppen

Mixxi

My bad! As Talon pointed out to me, it's "Magic Lighthouse" not "Healing Lighthouse". "Magic Lighthouse" is that pulsing red thing, and it's supposed to draw aggro.

Whew!