News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Pantheon Race/Class Combos

Started by PinkRose, February 05, 2017, 09:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

So, Pantheon will be limiting Race and Class combos.
I know not everyone agrees. I like it.
While it isn't realistic, neither are Ogres and Elfs.
I like that it shows what kind of people a certain race is, what are their strengths and weaknesses.
I really hope it doesn't ruin anyone's idea of a character.

Here is the list:
https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1

:exXO:

The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

PinkRose

A few characters I see off-hand from our lost past that can't be built would be No Gnome Paladins and No Halfling Clerics and No Elf Paladins.
NO HALFLING CLERICS!!!
That's sad.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Jasyn

At least Humans can be everything.  Yay? 

Surely, there will be no shortage of elf rangers, but no elf paladins or clerics?  Weird.  Evidently they are "hearing" the feedback, though.

Gno gnome clerics either.  Even EQ allowed that combo before they allowed gnome paladins to become a thing.  Wiffle's going to be peeved about that AND the fact he doesn't have a physical form.

/ragequit  :tickedoff:

You can have my stuff.

Gith

So this is scheduled for a 2017 release date? I will probably take a look at this. What stage is it currently in? I see that not many classes are even defined on the website yet.

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

PinkRose

In-house Alpha.
Supposed to be Beta by the end of the year.
They just changed the Crusader name to Paladin so they are still working on it, but there are graphics and they look tight. GIANT areas to explore and climb. Beginner zones with High level dungeons in the middle. It's not for the feint of heart. There will be serious death penalties and groups are highly recommended.
As for Gno Gnome Clerics, it makes sense given the Gnome history as they are writing it. They are Arcane through and through.

Jasyn

I gneed to formulate plans for an altergnaWiffle gnow!

Wiffle the Wizard?  He'd make things explode, but then again, this time, it would be intentional.  Meh... I wouldn't do this because I always reserve my wizard for another character.

How about Wiffle the Summoner?  Always have an infinite supply of nurses and physician's assistants handy... and other stuff.

Wiffle the Enchanter?  "Through a single word, the Enchanter can turn the intent of an enemy and break even the strongest of wills into submission."  If they're going to describe an enchanter like this, they've already found a way tickle his inflatable ego.  Mesmerized mob?  No... they're either merely in complete awe of his brrrrilliance, or they're here for the surgical special with complementary anesthesia.

Wiffle the Gnecromancer (if ready at release)?  He was a bit late for the patient's appointment, but the operation was still a success.  Mostly.  You know, if these gnomes actually had their own physical forms and organs as a reference point, maybe it would have gone better.  Plus I'd get to trigger the next Saga Necromancer Panic thread.

Gnot a rogue, though.  That's secretive but not arcane, and Wiffle doesn't really do discreet.  I don't know.  I'm intrigued by the concept behind these gnomes, but at the same time, I'm not 100% attuned to it.  Unless they allow me to create Wiffle the Ball (of light).  Feel his heavy-handed healing light!

tanare

thanks for posting this. looks like something that might interest me. watched a little bit of the 3 hour demo/playtest/whatever and one of the things that was said was how it reminded one of the guys playing of original everquest. so naturally i'm going to take a look.

however I was already- "got my monk/ranger/rogue/druid picked out...maybe I should try a different class some game?"

Corsair

SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

PinkRose

I like the reasoning behind why a dwarven enchanter and not a dwarven summoner.
Most of it makes sense, but I've always been a by-the-world-rules kind-of-guy.
Also, I like hyphens.

Jasyn

When I think of a dwarven summoner, I think of the ales Grimaldo used to share with Jasyn after summoning a tankard from his beard.

:brfm

tanare

new twitch dev run- still sounds very EQ-like. it is funny how all the questions are "well in eq you could do this so what about here?"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138465335

Allen

Thanks for sharing the vid Tanare!  This game sounds more and more like a modernized version of EQ, and I think I will enjoy it.   The thing I like most so far is that they intend to keep PVP and PVE on separate servers--so that adjustments to abilities for PVP don't/won't affect PVE versions of those abilities--just like in original EQ.   GW2 really burned me with all the changes they kept making to skills to balance PVP--I don't want to play another game like that.
a.k.a. Tuppen

PinkRose

I did like that comment as well, Allen.
Very different from the Ashes of Creation game the OTHER EX-EQ Devs are making.
The game has really progressed as well since the last stream in the beginning of March.

tanare

I didn't catch all of the first stream they had, remember watching maybe 20 minutes or so and then turning it off. this one was much better. I think they said they're doing another one on may 2nd as well. dunno what that's gonna cover.

being the "weird playtime person" I am a little concerned about what they said about soloing difficulties as that's how I spend most of my time in these sorts of games. we shall see though. I mean my first ever max lvl char in eq (of course to force me to atone for that crime they promptly raised the lvl cap a month later) was  the highly solo-centric  "lightly armored warrior who prefers to strike from behind" class that spent probably 80-90% of her time soloing, so I figure I can probably handle what they have.

Jasyn

Nice stream, thanks!

Progress looks good.  Liked the elaboration on the perception/quest system and its inspiration from the Divinity's Reach garden and orrery in GW2.  Combat pacing and challenge looked good as well.  I liked hearing that drive by buffing and healing can be a thing, that traveling to your groups is being taken into consideration , and that there will be a mentoring system so that friends can stay together.

They're heading into the reckless magician's tower next week.  Curiosity piqued!

PinkRose

My guess is that if you soloed before, you'll be able to solo again. It's not their plan, but you'll figure it out, I'm sure.