News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

The Ashes of Creation

Started by Auren, April 14, 2017, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanare

well they're already 70k past their initial goal already. page also has the race/class breakdowns if you scroll down enough. some of the limited number reward sets are already sold out.

PinkRose

Interesting find, Rumze.
I'm ok with it. I'm not pushing it on anyone, but when I make my brother and sister sign up, I get a 30% discount so that's good.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Jasyn

Humans, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves * 2 races per species * a different feel for each archetype based on racial selection.

I think I can be happy about this.

Rumze

After pondering and doing lots of research on the marketing and team, I'm willing to take a chance on this as well. It sounds pretty similar to other mmos that started like this so willing to take a chance.
It's passed it's funding goal and hit the first stretch goal of a million in 36 hours so it's doing pretty wel
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
—   
from Maya Angelou

tanare

is it a bad sign that i'm thinking of going with the Pioneer level support solely for the tier 3 character creation customization options..?

PinkRose

I'm sure we're all too nice to ask each other to recruit each other. So they'll be getting 15% extra from Saga.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

tanare

showing off my amazing willpower I went back to the site and saw it had started up an $85 early bird version (the $80 one sold out) of the $100 plan I was talking about yesterday and promptly bought it.

yesirree nothing can overcome my mighty willpow...ooh shiny!

Jasyn

Your willpower is lightly armored and stabs from behind!

O0

PinkRose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcbYJllGfnQ&t=1873s

In-game housing during their live stream, which they do every Mon, Wed, Fri.

Corsair

So if I were to back this....and I am considering it, as they seem to have the funding to get it done if they stay on task....someone from Saga should get 15%.

Potential someones with a code, please step forward and reveal your secrets!
:)
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Jasyn

Wow.  Thanks for that link, Pink!  I think that's the first live stream from these guys that I've watched, and they seemed to enjoy it so much that I really enjoyed it, too.

Deep, dark confession time.  The last time I rolled a dwarf was in EQ, and because it was an off-FV experiment, that experience lasted all of one week.  If this Ashes of Creation thing actually happens.  I've just decided it will be my priority to have one of my mains go full on dwarf.

:viking2:

PinkRose

Once you go dwarf,
you lose an eye.

Or something like that.

Gith

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Gith

Just FYI, it is really buggy and slow. You need to log into the new website with your old username to transfer it to the new one. Then you can login to the client. Then you need to probably restart it a bunch of times to get it to start downloading properly. I finally got it going. It is downloading right now. I will take a look after it is finished. If it doesn't crash in the process.

EDIT: Actually, I don't know what the hell this is. I thought ti was supposed to be beta for am MMO but it is asking me to queue into games? There is no character creation? I have no idea what is going on with this.

EDIT: I think I queued into a PvP match? Someone just killed me. Wtf? I am confused.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Jasyn

Askari

I downloaded this Apocalypse beta, but haven't played.

I was expecting the MMORPG beta... but this prequel seems seriously sketchy. Everywhere I click, there are places for me to spend Embers (in game currency) to unlock something. When I choose solo mode and try to Play, I just get stuck in a queue for awhile until I get bored and quit the game.

Whatever this "Apocalypse" battle royale prequel is from Intrepid Studios, I am pretty sure I want no part of it. Feels like a money grab where they try to keep the place alive long enough to finish the MMO.

Like EQ Landmark ahead of EQ Next...  :pms
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Gith

I eventually got into a queue. It felt like Fortnite. We stood around in a city. Eventually, a big portal flashed and engulfed us all. We all ended up on griffins and flew down to the surface. I picked up a weapon and some armour and then someone shot me in the head. I had no idea what was going on.

And now the game installer won't uninstall from my computer. I would suggest not downloading this crap.

Ashes of Creation is officially out for me.

I am waiting for Anthem to go live.

EDIT: I had to install iobit unistaller to get rid of the 16gb game installer and all the associated files. It wouldn't uninstall. Annoying.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

Gith

Quote from: Askari on December 22, 2018, 06:11:56 PM
Everywhere I click, there are places for me to spend Embers (in game currency) to unlock something.

Yea. I was wondering if they actually expected you to spend real money on a very much in beta game that was really clunky and all that.

Wildstar - Tecta
WWZ - Gith_

tanare

from what I understood from following the forums is that they wanted to stress test the PVP aspect of the game for large node attacks and figuring that to be one of the bigger hurdles for the game to be able to handle. so they did a massive PVP style event. never had a chance to get into it myself but supposedly once they're satisfied with this they will focus more on the rest of the game. or something to that effect.

for some reason there is a meme going around calling it "Battle Royale" but I only recall a movie or two of that name and not any MMO- unless they mean the movies?

Askari

Battle Royale was a Japanese book/movie where kids were thrown on an island and forced to battle in a last-man-standing contest. Later, the Hunger Games books/movies were the same theme.

It's a popular game mode right now thanks to games like Fortnite and PUBG, but PvP was never my cup of tea.

Honestly, the fact that they put out a battle royale PvP thing out bothers me less than the massive amount of "click here to pay to unlock features" buttons in the AoC:Apocalypse beta. It has the unpleasant smell of financial desperation, which is always a bad sign in game studio.

Hopefully I am wrong, because i'd love a nice, new, fun MMORPG to come out!
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP