News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Of all the taverns in all the towns in all the worlds

Started by Noa, January 19, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noa

With that bitter taste of resurrection fresh in her mouth, the familiar doubts resurface. First the bats, now the damn spiders. She's starting to think that she'll never get the hang of battle. A very scary prospect, considering that just about everything around here wants to kill you. They expect her to fight kobolds next? And Gods know what after that.

Under her breath she whispers, "If I ever hope to survive outside these mines of gloomingdeep, I'm gonna need to make some friends, and quick."

She glances up at the dark, seemingly empty tavern. It looks like every other one she's tripped across since starting her journey, but so far they've all turned out to be dens of thieves, liars and villains. Erollisi's luck this one will be different. It kinda looks like the picture drawn in mother's journal, but then, they all kinda do.

The half elf trembles, partly from the brisk wind though mostly from the memories she's running from. Elladen steels her will and pushes open the door...

EQ2 again ~ Ellie (Kaladim), Noa (AB)
EQ again ~ Vee, Mak, Ellewys (FV)
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ellendrielle
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Corsair

Wandring down the stairs in hopes of some breakfast, Kiran starts to see someone else at this time of day.

Ahhh hello. Uhhm, are you awake? At any rate, I am Kiran. And we had better get you something warmer to wear...and maybe at least a little bit protective.

You uhm....smell like a druid. No not bad...just...perhaps a bit loamy.

Interesting, now that I think on it. Does a druid smell of loamy soil because of the proverbial nature of their magic? Or it is a simple association with the physicality of nature rubbing into their skin? I shall make a note to consider this for further observation.

Oh. Yes. Let's have some breakfast first. After, If you need a little guidance, perhaps we can visit Rivervale and the Misty Thicket and see what you are capable of in the field.....

Now, what was your name again?
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Noa

Snagging the collar of her tunic, she lifts it up to her nose, taking a couple quick whiffs, then one big deep breathe in. The smell, more pungent than she was expecting, nearly over whelmed her.

"I don't know what 'loamy' means, but yeah, I got a bit of stink on me. What you expectin' me to smell like. And why you goin' around smellin' strangers. Seems a rude thi ... "

Elladen catches herself mid sentence, remembering the trouble her tongue had gotten her into in the past. Seriously! They offer you food and clothes, and you get snippy with them. Sheesh. Give them a chance, you idiot.

Straightening herself up, she drops her guard and her pack. She brushes her dirty hand a few times on her equally dirty pants and juts it out towards Kiran.

"Elladen. I'm Elladen. Uh, you can call me Ellie, or Elle, or E. I'm thankful to make your acquaintance. And breakfast would be lovely. So long as it ain't rat steaks. If I ever see another..."

She trails off muttering something about rats as her eyes wander about the tavern. Something about this place just feels different, almost familiar.

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Corsair

Smirking, and shaking her hand, Kiran pulls out a chair and nods for Elladen to sit and relax".

"Well, nice to meet you Elladen. Ellie. And yes, no rat steaks for breakfast. Duly noted. Perhaps I can scrape up some sausages and eggs for us. I have no loam for your eggs...would mushrooms do? After, you can have a bath, and we will rummage about to see if we have some things more suitable for wearing when wandering the forest."

"By the way, I have seen a few other young-lings about of late. Perhaps you may find among them some decent companions. Be aware however I have also seen a dark elf skulking about as well.....be wary. I have not seen her, the dark elf, often, but I think she is around a lot more often than I am noticing. That in itself is somewhat alarming."

Wandering off to the pantry, Kiran quietly hopes some others will arrive soon, he can cook, but it isn't really his forte. Muttering under his breath in the Pantry, "I had meant to write today...alas I fear that may have to wait."
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Noa

Absent-mindedly, Ellie lays her hand on the waiting chair, her eyes still surveying the room, her mind still wandering. Realizing that her host was talking, half way into a conversation, she squints her eyes, wrinkling her nose, attempting to recall that first bit. What did they .. mushrooms? A bath? .. something else too. Pay attention, damn it!

Catching up to the conversation, she nods her head at the news of possible young companions. Then her eyes widen and her breath all but stops, when he mentions the dark elf. She had encountered one once before. And narrowly survived. Alarming is an understatement.

Ellie watches as her host turns and heads toward the back of the tavern. Not wishing to be left where a Teir'Dal may or may not just pop on in, she follows quickly behind.

"I don't mean to cause no fuss. I can cook; my mom taught me. I don't mind, really. If you'd point me to an oven.."

As she awaits his answer, she remembers to smile. More flies with honey. Something else she'd learned from her mom.  Every single day .. since she first left home on this little quest .. she thought of her mother, frail and now alone. Some nights, that thought almost made her turn right around. But that woman is tough as nails and has already survived unusually longer than a human should. She'll be fine.

Her eyes wander again as she makes a mental note to figure out what the heck loam is.

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Kalese

Belladithana keeps herself to the shadows.  As a Teir'dal of the Ebon Hand, it is her one true skill she can always count on.  Her mission, given to her by her cousin, was to find those of the House of Saga.  Well, that was what her cousin called them.  Bella thinks it is more a guild like the Ebon Hand than an actual House like that of the House of Moonshadows.  But who was she to question.  Her mission was to help Saga in its endeavors as long as it doesn't cross paths with any plans of Queen Cristanos. She had spotted her quarry some time ago and had followed him to this spot.  He wore the badge of Saga, and based on his actions she believed him to be who he said he was.  But the new one, she looks like trouble. I need a plan. she thinks as she chuckles to herself.  "A Teir'dal lurking in the shadows am I.  Well, you cook up those mushrooms and I'll come out from my hiding place."  She shakes her head.  "Glooming Deep, why would they pick this dreadful place to be.  While I do like caverns, this place just gets under my skin.  They start to move, she follows.  Always keeping to the shadows.
~ Caya Moonshadows <Saga> Phinigel
~ Ginizar and Caya Moonshadows <House Sel`Quar> FV
~ Malese, Jalese and Belladithana Moonshadows <Saga> FV

Kalese

They settle in the back of the tavern and Bella finds a table where the candle light doesn't quite reach.  She watches and waits, her hood drawn up.  There are others in the tavern. It isn't crowded, but it isn't empty either.  Humans and Elves are the majority.  Elves, she can feel her blood start to boil.  She averts her eyes. But wait, she looks back toward the front of the tavern.  She could swear she seen a flash of silver hair, but there isn't anything there now.  "Thexan" she mutters to herself.  She will have to deal with it later.  She looks back at her quarry.  The young girl has left the table, probably looking for an oven.  "Now's my chance." she thinks and she quickly and quietly moves to the table where the human now sits alone.  Her eyes meet his, it is like time slows down. She has seen that expression before. Her hand passes over the table and she gently leaves a brooch on the table near his drink.  She slips back into the shadows.  The brooch was given to her by her cousin; on the right is the crest of the Teir'dal House of Moonshadows, on the left is the Badge of Saga.   She sits back down at her table, her eyes fixed on the human.  Her hands on her daggers.
~ Caya Moonshadows <Saga> Phinigel
~ Ginizar and Caya Moonshadows <House Sel`Quar> FV
~ Malese, Jalese and Belladithana Moonshadows <Saga> FV