Author Topic: Phinny 4/13 hunt locale  (Read 339 times)

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
Phinny 4/13 hunt locale
« on: April 08, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »
Hey Gang!

So after a thorough exploration of the Crystal caverns, where might we be off to next?

I think the leading candidates may be...Mistmoore, and a return to Dalnir.

Dark horses include a revisit of Crystal Caverns to attempt to force the spider queen to show herself.

There is one other place that we hit pretty good a coupe of times in the previous smaller Friday night crew, (Askari, Tuppen, Kalese, and myself only). If Tanare and Ella are interested, and the rest of us wanted to return, another possible place might be the Tower of Frozen Shadow. This places has something like a six level keyed system...probably the first floor or two are going to be boring, and then it would get more interesting. The final floor has the Tserrina, who I am sure would roast us at this level, so it would be a two part plan, one now, and another later in our 40's to finish it off.

Speak your mind people! Any additional highlights you all are especially eager to see?
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
Re: Phinny 4/13 hunt locale
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 04:52:17 AM »
I think we pretty much cleared out the caverns. don't really see the need to go back for just one mob that may or may not be up.

as far as the other places go- i don;t usually have any preferences- i tend to see what's posted here as options then go and investigate them on EQ ZAM. i never really grouped much in my first go around. i think i have been to the Tower of frozen shadow once or twice in the past- don;t recall how far i got. that's in great divide? something velious-y.

i'm fine with mistmoore but have been there a decent amount before. going into the temple part of Dalnir could be fun too since we had to stop just beforehand.

so upon intial peeking i dunno about lvls 1 and 2 being boring in the tower- everything i'm seeing listed should be dark blue to yellow for us. Tserina is only lvl 51 though- no problem <nods>

Offline Askari

• Guild Leader <Saga of Phinigel> on EQ1 Phinigel server
  • WildStar Officer
  • Now Playing: Everquest - Phinigel Server
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 06:22:40 AM »
My thoughts:

Dalnir would likely be anticlimactic at our current level (and is quite a hike from the Overthere book). We might want to save fighting the sarnak until we're old enough to Chardok.

I like Mistmoore castle area and think it would fit our level well, but have been there enough to not mind missing it.

Another nice place at our level is Kaesora library (iksar/sarnak ghosts/skels). Easy to get to with PoK Cabilis book, target-rich environment, good xp, decent loot and atmosphere.

Tower of Frozen Shadows can be fun if it's not over-occupied by other groups (and our server has now progressed enough that I'd be surprised if it were). The first floor would be easy, but hopefully we wouldn't have to clear it many times to get a key.

As a reminder, the occasional LDoN run wouldn't be a bad idea. We might get a some +stat augments to socket into our armor and they can be fun.
EQ1-Phinigel: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, Iskari and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 06:53:07 AM »
now kaesora I know I've never been to nor have I done any LDoN stuff..i don't think.

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 11:48:57 AM »
Hehe, Askari....as ever seeing into the future! Kaesora was going to be my next week mention for possible places. (I think it is on the original "where do we want to go" list also.)

I opted for TOFS for this weeks call out.

I think Mistmoore was on a couple of folks wish lists. I want to say Bella and I think someone else wanted to go there?

So, pending additional commentary, let's explore Mistmoore this week, and Kaesora next?

The LDON's are a good idea also. We are leveling up so fast and have so many places to see that I have not focused on the LDON side of things. (Keep putting it off with the casual thought that they will be great for AA work, and the accompanying slower level pace coming up in the future.)
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline Askari

• WildStar Officer
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:09 PM »
Arkturo is a little behind in levels, so I took him to the Tower of Frozen Shadow and soloed the entry until he got the first floor key. That should make an assault a little less tedious, if we decide to go there.
EQ1-Phinigel: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, Iskari and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.

Offline Allen

• EQNext Officer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 07:32:11 AM »
I always enjoy the tower, but I am content to go anywhere folks wish.
a.k.a. Tuppen

Offline Kalese

• Family Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 07:51:19 AM »
The Tower sounds good to me!  I like the tower.  And it should fit Kyria's evil plans and help improve Ella's sense of direction!
~ Jalese Moonshadows
[EQ1] - Teir'dal - Wizard of the Scorned <Saga> Phinigel
~ Caya Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Priestess of Innoruuk <Saga> Phinigel
~ Belladithana Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Rogue of the Ebon Hand <Saga> Phinigel

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 04:56:54 PM »
Okay, so we may be leaning TOFS over Mistmoore for this Friday the 13th, with Kaesora a likely candidate for the following hunt.

Tower of Frozen Shadow? Friday the 13th? What could go wrong?    :o
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 03:12:26 AM »
mistmoore I've done a bunch of times- or at least the courtyard part- don't think I actually made it to the castle itself but it's a bit of a slog to get there from what I remember. ToFS i';ve done much less so rather would do something newer. kaesora the next week for the same reasons.

also I think I need to make a harmshield hot key.  how do you build in a time delay in one again? that way I can send a message when it's up then when the 15 seconds are up (figure it takes a second or two from casting to getting to the hotkey) I can send another message that's it's done.

Offline Askari

• WildStar Officer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 08:46:31 AM »
Macros can have a pause command with the number representing tenths of a second, (e.g., /pause 150 is a 15-second pause).

For additional confusion, you can add the pause command to the front of a macro line and it will happen after the action.

For example, the following 3-line macro would... tell the group you are going invincible, cast the spell in spell slot 8, pause 16 seconds (1 second cast time and 15 second duration), then tell the group invincibility is ending:
  • /g Going invincible!
  • /pause 160,/cast 8  ((note: the pause happens after the cast))
  • /g No longer invincible!

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
Ahhh nice call on putting the spell ending message in the macro also...pro tip from Uncle Askari!
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline Kalese

• Family Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 07:33:09 PM »
Ah drats.. Now Trajak will know when he isn't invincible.    ...   I like him sooo much better when he thinks he is  :angel: :D
~ Jalese Moonshadows
[EQ1] - Teir'dal - Wizard of the Scorned <Saga> Phinigel
~ Caya Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Priestess of Innoruuk <Saga> Phinigel
~ Belladithana Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Rogue of the Ebon Hand <Saga> Phinigel

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 07:44:17 AM »
Ahhh nice call on putting the spell ending message in the macro also...pro tip from Uncle Askari!

but...but... I said it too <cries>

I did think about adding the spell to the macro but then if it got interrupted or fizzles i'd be spamming th chat with it so figure i'd put the casting separate from the message. if it ends up lasting a second or two longer that's better than it ending a second or two early.

and thanks askari, I knew there was some command for the delay because I remember using one before. but couldn't remember if it was /delay or /timer or whatever it was along those lines.

Offline Noa

• Fanservice.
  • Family Veteran
  • my favorite game needs only /fol and a friend
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
Also,  adding the cast command a second time will attempt to cast it again in case the first try fizzles. If the first try doesn't fizzle, then the second attempt won't happen because "you can't cast that while.. blah, blah, whatever". Right? I'm pretty sure I have a few of mine set up like that.
---
/g Going invincible!
/pause 160,/cast 8  ((note: the pause happens after the cast))
/g No longer invincible!
/cast 8
---

And I don't think anyone telling Trajak that he isn't invincible is going to convince him that he isn't. That man does like to charge. =P

EQ again ~ Elladen
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ashlay, Ellendrielle, and apparently Brijette
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »
Nahhh Trajak is downright conservative. 

Those who grouped with Beren Fellhand back in the FV days may remember.....now that dude loved to charge.  ;D

Huge fun in TOFS tonight. So glad we got up to the 3rd floor a bit before rest time. We definitely have to go back there.
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »
Also,  adding the cast command a second time will attempt to cast it again in case the first try fizzles. If the first try doesn't fizzle, then the second attempt won't happen because "you can't cast that while.. blah, blah, whatever". Right? I'm pretty sure I have a few of mine set up like that.
---
/g Going invincible!
/pause 160,/cast 8  ((note: the pause happens after the cast))
/g No longer invincible!
/cast 8
---

And I don't think anyone telling Trajak that he isn't invincible is going to convince him that he isn't. That man does like to charge. =P

ok will have to add that in. that's true if it goes off it won't recast with that big of a delay.

and we survived the training of the second floor (pets were trying to help trajak pull) this time. progress!

also I think I never actually bought my lvl 37 spells- did buy 38 and most of 39 though. time to rob the alts.

Offline Allen

• EQNext Officer
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 05:24:59 PM »
Highlights of our adventure:  https://youtu.be/fEbs_3ww6ds
Looking forward to next week!
a.k.a. Tuppen

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 08:55:23 AM »
wow that one "let's fight the whole floor at once" battle was about 10 minutes long non-stop. poor Xasobn our only loss, he will be missed

didn't even notice our breath was coming out frozen at the time

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 04:52:14 PM »
The frozen breath is one of the coolest things that happened on Velious. Love those little details!

SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Saga Leadership

Executive Officer (XO)
PinkRose

Everquest 2
Jezerai (OBND Guildleader)