Author Topic: Phinny 5/18...walking on the moon?  (Read 79 times)

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
Phinny 5/18...walking on the moon?
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:05:19 AM »
Okay gang, two or three options for this week, and perhaps next.

Mons Letalis: Outdoor zone on the moon, with a pretty cool, if I recall right, combine ruin spire-thingy to hunt out in the middle of it. (Hot zone also.)

Kael Drakkal: First foray into the Ice giant fort. (Thurgadin faction will increase, possibly Velious dragon faction also.)

Have a go at starting on the LDON dungeons. (Earn points to buy gear and auguments with each mission, and unlock higher end stuff with more points in each camp....)

Weird dark horse location to explore? Anyone eager, or fearful, of Kedge Keep?

SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Offline Askari

• Guild Leader <Saga of Phinigel> on EQ1 Phinigel server
  • WildStar Officer
  • Now Playing: Everquest - Phinigel Server
Re: Phinny 5/18...walking on the moon?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
I love multi-tasking, so getting faction while I hunt is always a pleasure for me.

Getting the occasional augment drop in LDoN is nice. Nothing like bedazzling your armor bits with little rocks to make that old, tired pair of gloves look fresh and new! I was a little concerned about the potential permanence of such things, but buying a distiller solvent from the merchant so you can safely remove the augment and put it on a new piece of gear only costs a couple platinum at our levels.

The "earning points to buy gear" is a long road of farming that I don't know if we have the time to commit to.

One thing to remember is that characters need to do a little quest to unlock LDoN that involves talking to someone in their home city and then shooting the breeze with the Wayfarer's at one of their camps. Folks are usually around before Trajak, so we could maybe get that out of the way 5:30-6:30pm pacific.

Mons Letalis is a little wonky. I like to grind XP on the Thought Fiends(?) when I am 38-40 (SUBMIT!), but I am not sure it's a fun hunt for a group.

As for other hunts, I enjoy hunting pirates at Dulak's Harbor at this age. Although the run through Gulf of Gunthak to get to Dulak's can be tiresome.

As a 5-6 person group, undead side in Lower Guk would be my choice for a "throwback" hunt.

By the way, Fnortner (who is technically the Saga of Phinigel founder and guild leader) has informed me that my problem with Arkturo is not "too many enchanters" in my portfolio... it is "not enough gnome".

So Fnortner is now 40th and will be taking over CC and mana-regen duties for our merry band. Gryff is disappointed, but would rather "run around really, really fast" than focus on crowd control... so he's out.

EQ1-Phinigel: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, Iskari and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.

Offline Allen

• EQNext Officer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 06:50:29 PM »
I hope to be on Friday evening, but I may be late.  Some friends who forgot about my birthday last month have insisted on--and made reservations--for dinner this Friday evening at 6:15 Eastern.   I am hopeful that I will be home by 9:30 Eastern.
Please forgive me if I am tardy.

Hope to see you tomorrow night!
--Allen
a.k.a. Tuppen

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:23:52 PM »
Already forgiven Tupp.... :)

Askari, I recall a pretty fun Lux hunt way back in the day that was focused on the spire ruin in Mons Letalis. But have not been there in ages...by wonky do you mean you ran into glitchy stuff there? (Not sure you were on that hunt, but at the time we had a lot of fun there.)

Lower Guk is on the list also for sure.

I hear you on the farming aspect of earning points for LDON bits. My suspicion is we would need to focus on one, maybe two locations and hit them fairly regularly to make it worthwhile.

Oh and welcome back Fnortner! More gnome indeed.....
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline Askari

• WildStar Officer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »
Askari, I recall a pretty fun Lux hunt way back in the day that was focused on the spire ruin in Mons Letalis. But have not been there in ages...by wonky do you mean you ran into glitchy stuff there? (Not sure you were on that hunt, but at the time we had a lot of fun there.)

By wonky, I mostly mean z-axis issues and mobs walking through terrain. The huge spire in the middle is very scenic, but it is surrounded by nasty ravines and boulders that mobs 'may or may not walk through' and 'may or may not see through'.

The only time I go to this zone is to grind Thought Leeches in the caves because I don't have to deal with the rest of the zone. Also, the zone is filled with Twilight Sea armor quest mobs, which drop a dizzying array of quest items for armor nobody would ever want (not even when brand new). The loot is pretty horrible in the zone. Even the Spire Lord's is... meh.

I will grant you that it was fun to go to the top of the spire once when it was new. The view from the top is very cool. I am happy to go there with folks who have never been, just for the sightseeing!

Most of Luclin between 20 and 50 is pretty mediocre hunting in my opinion. I like Paludal Caverns for quick leveling from 5-20. Twilight Seas elementals can be nice for 20-something druids and magicians with their "summoned critter nukes". Grimling Forest bandit camps can be relaxing 2-3 person hunt in your 30's. Thought Leeches in Mons Letalis can be a nice 38-40 grind for a couple hunters.

I think Luclin starts to pick up again near the top, which makes sense because most folks were coming in high level from Velious. Acrylia Caverns, Grieg's End, Umbral Plains can be fun. I never made it into Vex Thal of Ssraeshza Temple, due to lack of raiding folks... but they seemed interesting.

Anyway, I was on Phinny when Luclin was released and spent a good deal of time hunting Luclin last year. However, I know some of you have fond Luclin memories you'd like to relive and I'm happy to oblige nostalgia. If climbing the Spire is a good memory for Corsair and if others haven't been there before... I'd totally go!
EQ1-Phinigel: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, Iskari and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 05:35:41 AM »
still haven't determined if i'll be alive enough to make it this week or not. but having said that... DON'T START KAEL WITHOUT ME!

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 07:44:18 AM »
Okay so to update....we will be down one Ella, and possibly down one Kyria, and maybe for a time down one of Tupp's stable of fillies.

So, we need something to start off with that is not too rough and tumble. And also not Kael.

I am thinking Dreadlands giant fort maybe?
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 05:35:30 AM »
yeah count me out at this point. i'm tired and we generally finish up at midnight my time. might hop in this morning/afternoon with someone but tonight is out.

next week should be back to normal routine though.

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »

next week should be back to normal routine though.

Looking forward to having you back...what evil plan could be in store?

On a side note, I will myself be MIA for Friday 6/1. (Gonna be in Atlanta.)
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »
ooh- thanks askari for the presents you were no doubt blackmailed into sending as part of my evil plan.  there are a couple of pieces though I have something better for already so you can have them back or I can pass them along to any other cloth wearing tanks since none of my alts are of the cloth wearing variety.

also i'm up to indifferent with the coldain now after some giant and wolf hunting. no doubt that means I have improved to "scowling ready to attack" with the dragons now. tried to visit that one CoV dragon in GD but stupid elder shardwryms see through invis so didn't make it over there to check this time since there were 2 of them pathing through the narrow side tunnel I needed to take to get to the dragon and didn't want to kill them until I could check for faction hits.

no trajak the 1st? hmmm I nominate bella to be the tank, she has the shiniest armor of the rest of the group.

Offline Askari

• WildStar Officer
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
ooh- thanks askari for the presents you were no doubt blackmailed into sending as part of my evil plan.  there are a couple of pieces though I have something better for already so you can have them back or I can pass them along to any other cloth wearing tanks since none of my alts are of the cloth wearing variety.

I bombed a lot of mailboxes this week. Anything I sent can be vendored or passed on as people see fit. I did see Corsair mention he'd put a couple things into the Guild Bank. To be honest, I didn't know we had one! And when I saw it, didn't know how to get things out (items were labeled "view only").

So here's the skinny:
The Guild Lobby door is off of PoK. Once inside, run to the back and there is a door labeled something like Standard Guild House. Another one is labeled Neighborhood Guild House, but I don't think those are implemented on Phinny yet. Either door takes you to the Saga Guild House and there are Guild Banker NPCs. I believe when you first deposit an item, it defaults to "view only" for others. However, we all have the guild permissions to change the status on any item to "Public".

In the future, I will try to bomb less mailboxes and just throw stuff in the Guild Bank.

Also i'm up to indifferent with the coldain now after some giant and wolf hunting. no doubt that means I have improved to "scowling ready to attack" with the dragons now.

People start "scowling ready to attack" with CoV. Killing most giants helps a little (1 faction per), so if you've killed enough of them you'll move up through "threatening" to "dubious" and no longer get attacked.

I usually run invis through Kael Drakkel to Wakening Land, then across Wakening Land to Skyshrine to check to see if I'm no longer KoS. There are some guards on the entryway, but you have room in the tunnel leading up to them to check the /con before they see you.

I know Kyria mentioned it, but saving Giant Warrior Helms and Storm Giant Toes will get you from "doubtful" up to more friendly speaking terms pretty quick. I think Vorkosigan went from "doubtful" to "indifferent" in about a dozen helmets? Each helmet was worth 15 faction each storm giant toe was worth 7.

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 12:58:24 PM »
I think the only times I went to the guild lobby was when I thought I was going to the bazaar by mistake.

yeah the giant toes and helms (which I only just found out about- thought it was the heads) will give good sized faction boosts but you need to get up to dubious before you can do them.

I figured it would be easier to use the GD CoV mobs (discovered one dragon that starts with a "V" that is on CoV but no faction hits for killing it that is easier to get to but not always up, and the one that starts with "K" that I went to last time that does give CoV hits if you kill it)-  rather than run all the way to skyshrine. I think i'll try again when I get to amiable with the dwarves. scouts are 5 dwarf/1 CoV, wolves are 1/1 so dorf will always go up faster.

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »
Yeah about the guild bank thing...it was kind of a random check to see if we in fact had a guild hall available and all that. Sure enough we do! So I dropped in a couple of random low level bits some alt might be able to use just to test it.

Sounds like we may have some settings to adjust or something.
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline Askari

• WildStar Officer
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
The bank and member settings are all good. Depositing is just a multi-step system.

The system just always defaults deposits to the Guild Bank to "View Only" setting, so either the depositor or the withdrawer will need to highlight the item and change it to "Public" before it can be taken out. All guild members have the ability to change an item's bank status.

Offline Kalese

• Family Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 08:51:22 AM »
I am not a tank!  How do you expect me to stabby them in the back that way?!!
~ Jalese Moonshadows
[EQ1] - Teir'dal - Wizard of the Scorned <Saga> Phinigel
~ Caya Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Priestess of Innoruuk <Saga> Phinigel
~ Belladithana Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Rogue of the Ebon Hand <Saga> Phinigel

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 11:38:00 AM »
I am not a tank!  How do you expect me to stabby them in the back that way?!!

tanare found some of those curved kopesh-like looking things out by cabilis (she may have decided she wants the lizards to like her). so you can still stab them from the front and the sword will curve around to stab it in the back still.

Jaber and Gabener are now fighting with each other over who gets to be the tank instead if you don;t want to. neither of them want the job since they can barely beat a double dotted drakkel wolf one on one nevermind something tough (this is the weakling era of necro pets- they don;t get a decent boost til the lvl 61 pet, though at least the lvl 44 one gets to lifetap to last a little longer anyway). Bob keeps trying to volunteer by adding 0s after his lvl 1. i donl;t think he understands how buffs actually work...

Saga Leadership

Executive Officer (XO)
PinkRose

Everquest 2
Jezerai (OBND Guildleader)

Guild Wars 2
Talon (Guildleader)
Auren

Everquest Next
Mixxi (Guildleader)

SW:TOR
Gith (Guildleader)