News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - More Classes

Started by Talon, May 22, 2018, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Pantheon, Rise of the Fallen has released information on three more classes, in case anyone is following this game's development.

- Rogue
- Monk
- Ranger

Gith

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Corsair

I gotta check, but I think they are doing some alpha testing?

I backed this game way back when....I am cautiously optimistic, but have been burned too many times to be over-excited until there is an actual game to play.

Hopefully this will be a winner!  :)

SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Talon

I haven't really been following along, I confess, but I tried to find information to answer Gith.

I see nothing new. The FAQ mentions alpha and beta "are planned for 2017", future tense. The usual "no promises: disclaimer too so it's unclear whether they actually ARE in alpha, let alone beta.

Though backers would presumably have a notice since some levels include access to earlier development.

After Landmark, I am dubious about backing something in any anticipatory fashion.

Needless to say, with outdated info on the alpha/beta, I didn't see anything about an actual release date.

Askari

Yeah it may be a small thing, but it bothers me that the new class pages are in a different style, format, and content than the pages for the previously released classes. It makes me think there is a change in team responsibilities/personnel and a lack of cohesive oversight of execution.

There was also a dearth of recent activity on things like the Visionary Realms Facebook page (nothing since October 2017).

I was about to write the project off as vaporware, but I did find some pre-alpha footage from April 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEiwRLQzTU

So apparently it is still creeping along, in pre-alpha, and may come out some day...
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Corsair

Apparently Jim Lee, famous comic artist who used to be the X-Men guy back in I guess the 90's, and was a founder of Image, was a big EQ fan.

He got hooked up with Brad, and also posted a video of them playing a couple months back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnQD5xoQADE&t=3132s

Timing means very little to me here...that they are just in early Alpha now, but planned to be where they are now in 2017...seems to be about the best case scenario for these MMO developments. That said, Vanguard got shoved out the door incomplete due to finances, and it probably ruined what might have been a fantastic game with a long and glorious run. That, or even this ending up vaporware, is still very possible for Pantheon in my opinion.

But it could be good too. Time will tell. I don't even care if this is released in 2018...2019 is fine. Just produce a good and playable game...bugs will be found and fixed, but it should be decently playable. Don't toss it out unfinished please!
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Talon

For the record, they recently released details on the Enchanter class. CC and Support.

Gith

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Corsair

I am so very likely to end up with an enchanter main.

Dwarf seems interesting...but they all do really.
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Askari

Yeah it looks like it will play a lot like EverQuest1, which I am still playing and enjoying.

As odd as it feels to me, I think I enjoy pulling/tanking these days... so there's a good chance I would try to play a Dwarven paladin or Archai warrior.

Of course, there's also a good chance I will play EVERYTHING else too...  O0
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

tanare

c'mon we all know you're making that 4th enchanter

and I dunno if it picks up later but I found a pally to be very boring, at least at low levels.