Author Topic: who shall be the last?  (Read 78 times)

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
who shall be the last?
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »
debating what to make for my 8th char now, even though the majority of them haven't even hit lvl 5 yet, the empty slot haunts me still. alt-it is has kicked in and it must be filled.

already have- necro, ranjah (mighty and tough), beastlord (10), shammy(9), paladin(7), monk(2) and druid/bank mule(2)

not happenings-
1) chanters- crowd control not my thing
2) bard- no, twisting is bad

probably not happening
1) cleric- not fond of primary healers
2) warrior- absolutely needs a group, and a bit of been there done that

options
1) gnomish rogue- like dps classes, BACKSTAB! soloing is a pain, sneaky sneaking sneaker and begs to be a faction builder- but also played before
2) something wizard- cause dps and someone top pass down kyria's hand-me-downs to, ports, haven;t played before- (kyria's lil sis?)
3) playable druid- possibly vah shir- soloing not an issue, but also played one before.
4) level up one of your other baby chars you lazy bum!

edit: oops forgot shadow knight- that could work...

decisions, decisions

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
Re: who shall be the last?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »
Why not a Paladin?   :)

SK feels right too....or maybe even a Berserker.
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
well I have a pally already but I have a hard time getting into playing melistreigemna, no offensive spells to speak of (only lvl 7 but still) and limited to one weapon/shield. didn't think about berserker but did decide to try an SK for a bit- she's not guilded yet, but at least there is some offensive spells plus the pet later on. I find I tend to gravitate to hybrids more than the main class. more buttons to play with :)

but I mean, what could scream intense fear and terror more than a blond haired blue eyed female gnome SK? may stick with it for a bit as I have an idea for her RP-wise, the 'evil" SK who has a hard time understanding how to be evil. <adds a extra dash of pepper to someone's soup>, <gives someone bad directions>, <is scared of skeletons>, <doesn't hold the door open for the person walking behind her> that sort of thing

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 05:40:47 PM »
Doh! Somehow after reading this while thinking through the Sk thing, I deleted Paladin from the list of toon you already had in my head... :uglystupid2:

A wee cute gnome SK? What could be better? Maybe if she were a pirate...but really that's the only way.

In EQ-2 one of my characters is a halfling necro...very friendly and polite. Not especially interested in fronting for evil for evil's sake....helpful and cheerful. A friendly neighborhood sort of halfling. But still a necromancer, who might occasionally eat things you wouldn't. A joy to play really.
 :)
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 05:58:23 AM »
it was kinda funny that I completely forgot about SK when I first made the list until the next day where I was all "wait a sec, that's perfect- something I haven't played before, melee/spells, pet, plate class to cover that gap. why didn't I think of it before?"

berserker I never considered mostly because I didn't even realize it was an actual class :)

Offline Kalese

• Family Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »
Ginizar Moonshadows - 85 SK on FV.. was the only class I played till around 2003 when I made a Cleric to box with her.  I absolutely loved the SK.
~ Jalese Moonshadows
[EQ1] - Teir'dal - Wizard of the Scorned <Saga> Phinigel
~ Caya Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Priestess of Innoruuk <Saga> Phinigel
~ Belladithana Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Rogue of the Ebon Hand <Saga> Phinigel

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »
Ginizar Moonshadows - 85 SK on FV.. was the only class I played till around 2003 when I made a Cleric to box with her.  I absolutely loved the SK.

:smitten:
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne

Saga Leadership

Executive Officer (XO)
PinkRose

Everquest 2