Author Topic: AA's and you on Phinny...or us...or something  (Read 132 times)

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
AA's and you on Phinny...or us...or something
« on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
Hey Gang!

So, we are now mostly in the realm of AA's and auto granted AA stuff. This creates an opportunity to fine-tune level speed, and level range issues.

However, auto grant AA's also offer a tantalizing opportunity, even an urge, to level on and collect "free" abilities!

What to do?

Personally, I know I will get all those AA grants over time, so my view tends to be towards content levels, and the level range of our characters. So, if I do not want to out-level certain content yet, this is a great chance to slow down a bit. Or if we want to slow down to let certain characters catch up a bit...same story. (Say Tanare coming along, Elladen, etc.)

But others may be chomping at the bit as well. So I thought we ought to consider this as a group. Do we have group goals? Or do we manage AA's on an ad-hoc basis, and let the chips fall where they may?

It is also possible to max out banked AA points....cap is 2x level.

I have not found a good chart showing how many AA points are granted in general at certain levels. Some class posts show the AA's a specific class is assigned at grant levels though. (Anyone have a general chart?)
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Offline Askari

• Guild Leader <Saga of Phinigel> on EQ1 Phinigel server
  • WildStar Officer
  • Now Playing: Everquest - Phinigel Server
Re: AA's and you on Phinny...or us...or something
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »
It differs a bit by class. Roughly, you get a lump at 51 (basic stuff like more hp, more mana, more stats, longer underwater breath, slower food/water consumption).

The next lump is at 55 and this has some nice things like crits, stun resistance, et cetera.

The third lump is at 59 and this gives some nice class-specific ones. Insta-cast evac ability for druids, dire charm for pet classes, controllable pet for enchanters, endless quiver for rangers, et cetera.

Then you get a dribble of abilities from 61-65 that is very class dependent.

Another thing to consider is spells. There are some pretty important spells for some classes in their 50's. For instance, enchanters get a lot of good stuff at 55. Clerics get their 96% rex at 56. Et cetera.

Fnortner is 54. He gets a lumnp of nice AA and some really nice spells at 55. I am happy to switch to 100% AA and cruise there for a time.

If I were Ceinwen, I'd probably want my 96% rez at 56th, before I stopped leveling for a bit.

If I were Kyria, I'd also probably want 56th for the 56th pet and Demi Lich spell.

If I were Elladen, 55th is a decent spot to stop for druid.

If I were Trajak, I'd probably stop at 55 (AA's and Defensive Discipline) or at 56th (next Provoke upgrade).

In other words, I would recommend that if we have content we don't want to outgrow... switching to AA around 55/56 is a fine stopping point. It should also be noted that at 55/56, you can group with folks from 37 up to 75, so the range is plenty high. Even if someone brings an alt in to join that is in their 40's, they will get fine XP and be able to contribute in some way.
EQ1-Phinigel: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, Iskari and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.

Offline Kalese

• Family Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 05:00:50 PM »
*looks depressed*  Surrrrrreeeee, forget the rogue.. I know, you can't see me, I'm invisible.. I'm always invisible.  *kicks random things in the guild hall*
~ Jalese Moonshadows
[EQ1] - Teir'dal - Wizard of the Scorned <Saga> Phinigel
~ Caya Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Priestess of Innoruuk <Saga> Phinigel
~ Belladithana Moonshadows
[EQ1] Teir'dal, Rogue of the Ebon Hand <Saga> Phinigel

Offline Askari

• Guild Leader <Saga of Phinigel> on EQ1 Phinigel server
  • WildStar Officer
  • Now Playing: Everquest - Phinigel Server
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »
Rogue is one of the few classes I don't have in the 50's, so I can not predict Bella's desires. However, the spike of free AA at 55 and the 55th combat ability Nimble Discipline (dodge everything for 12 secs) would probably make 55 a reasonable holding point for Rogue too.  O0
EQ1-Phinigel: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, Iskari and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.

Offline Corsair

• Who's scruffy-looking?
  • Family Veteran
  • Pie bitches.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 05:28:17 PM »
So then the question is, is there a lot of mid 50's content we want to hold for also?

I can name a few spots, but gonna hold back and see what you all want to see/do....we may need to open a new "where do we want to hunt, or hunt more often, before we pop over into the 60's"?
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Offline tanare

• EQ2 Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:33:23 PM »
Rogue is one of the few classes I don't have in the 50's, so I can not predict Bella's desires. However, the spike of free AA at 55 and the 55th combat ability Nimble Discipline (dodge everything for 12 secs) would probably make 55 a reasonable holding point for Rogue too.  O0

shroud of stealth is lvl 63. once you get it you'll never not be using it I found. course kyri had jboots so that helped a bit.

Saga Leadership

Executive Officer (XO)
PinkRose

Everquest 2
Jezerai (OBND Guildleader)

Guild Wars 2
Talon (Guildleader)
Auren

Everquest Next
Mixxi (Guildleader)

SW:TOR
Gith (Guildleader)