News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Server being Upgraded Feb. 2nd.

Started by PinkRose, January 23, 2020, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

We are being forced to upgrade. Alirrin will be working some magic but we're unsure if it will work.
Anything that is a must to have must be saved by Sunday, Feb. 2nd. The site will come down that Sunday, and hopefully come back up with everything attached. But maybe not.
We, I mean Alirrin, will do his best to back things up and set things right but it's always a tricky situation when something like this is required.

Good Luck.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alirrin

I'll back up the database, and even if everything goes pear-shaped and we end up with a blank site, I should still have access to stuff, but to be safe if there is some story or bit of history you want to be sure is kept around, try to find it and make a copy this week.
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Corsair

Just want to say thank you...for doing both stuff, and things.
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Talon

Thanks for your efforts in preserving our home.

Jasyn

Words of encouragement: Never, ever eat pears.  They're too squishy, and they always make your chin wet. Good luck, Alirrin, and thank you.

Alirrin

The initial upgrade to SMF 2.0 is complete.  We've lost the Shoutbox, which was expected.  I will look into it to see if I can get it back without too much trouble.

We still have another component to try out, so if you see this and then the site goes down again, don't worry, I'm on it. ;-)

Gith

Thank you Alirrin for all the effort and dedication!

SW:TOR - Tecta (Dark) / ValGith (Light)
Diablo 3 - Alpharius #1269
Wildstar - Tecta
Lost Ark (NA East-Avesta) - Gith
WWZ - Gith_
FFXIV (NA-Cactaur) - Gith Redmayne

Alirrin

OK, we should now be operating with the latest version of PHP, which is what prompted the forum upgrade.  The custom home page and the shoutbox were mod packages that Imeriel installed way back when; I will see if I can identify new versions that I could install.  However, we have the forums and didn't lose any of the historical messages, so I am calling this upgrade a success.

:--- :--- :---

Kalese

~ Caya Moonshadows <Saga> Phinigel
~ Ginizar and Caya Moonshadows <House Sel`Quar> FV
~ Malese, Jalese and Belladithana Moonshadows <Saga> FV

Alirrin

So TinyPortal does not seem to want to install, so no home page or shoutbox for now. I'll see if I can find out why later, but for now I'm going to just leave it.  I suspect we can get by without it for now.  :)

PinkRose

The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Corsair

Mmmmm....pear shaped is now pear shaped pie.

Delicious! 

Thank you o' mighty Alirrin...or....SPOOOOON!
:bdg
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

tanare

is the streaming news section on the homepage one of the featurs of this? never noticed it before just now

Alirrin

Quote from: tanare on April 01, 2020, 05:07:48 PM
is the streaming news section on the homepage one of the featurs of this? never noticed it before just now

That's always been there.  I think we all tuned it out after a while. Those "news" items have been there for most of a decade, if not more, I'd wager.

Lyrima

I'm -uh- just seeing this now.

Thank you Alirrin for saving our home  :smitten:

also, pie. For you. Mmmm. Pie.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Alirrin