News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3 anyone?

Started by Lyrima, August 17, 2023, 07:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrima

So... I have been playing Elder Scrolls Online for the last nine (!!) years.  Hal and I are at the end game and enjoy running end content with the friends we have gathered along the way.

My summers here in NW Montana are always filled with friends and family visits.  This August, Daughter and boyfriend visited but let us know they were really excited about BG3 dropping during their visit, as they had played the heck out of Divinity 1 & 2.  My son was also planning to purchase the game. Hal and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with our (now adult!) children.

Nearly 10 years in a game makes for a super difficult transition to new movement and combat keys/strategies.  The first time we played I threw my headphones at my screen and had a small hissy fit. No less than 3 minutes later, when my Lyrima rogue one shot a foe, I was commenting, with self deprecating laughter, that I now loved this "super fun" game.  Hal is a patient, patient man.

While I know this isn't an MMORPG and playing with you wonderful folks would take a bit of coordination, it still would be fun to share strategies but no spoilers, helpful links and fun stories.

I have brought in Lyrima as a rogue, partnered to Hal's Blaek.  Our next run through will be Tira l'Arc and Halagren, our OG characters from Horizons (and the folks we were RPing when we met and fell in love.) We will likely multiclass with these two, so waiting until we understood the game seemed like a better bet.

Once we are rolling along and if anyone else is playing, I'd love to resurrect a small group for weekly fun if any of you are playing or interested.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

Alirrin

I've started a half dozen characters to get a feel for how the game plays, as well as the D&D5e based ruleset. I have a sorcerer and a bard both at level 3 poking around the area outside the Druid enclave. Now I have to decide if I want to keep either of them, or start something new as my "permanent" character for a first full playthrough.  :D
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Lyrima

Hal and I just hit level 6. It is a really fun game.  It has been a long time since he and I played a game that required us to be together for everything.  At first it was tricky renegotiating everything, but now it feels like we've been doing it forever.  Which we kinda have, in a way :)
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
Lyrima - EQ2, ESO, now Baldur's Gate 3
Lark - Storm Trooper SW:TOR
Kiaria - Warden EQ2, ESO
Tira l'Arc - Ranger/Healer HZ/ EQ2, ESO
Athen'a - TankArcher AC

PinkRose

I love Baldur's Gate 3. I played BG right before playing Everquest.
I don't think I could make a regular play time but it's great to know others are having so much fun in Baldur's Gate.
I'm playing a level 7 gnome monk right now. And some day Shadowheart and I will settle down in Baldur's Gate minus the tadpoles.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alirrin

Sorry, XO, but my bard/rogue Tala will be marrying Shadowheart. Sorry to disappoint you.

And my sorcerer/bard Zarissa is courting Karlach, in case anyone had designs on the cutest barbarian that ever existed.  :smitten:
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam