News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

!!! HEROES the TV Show !!! ~Warning~~Spoilers~

Started by PinkRose, December 04, 2006, 05:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinkRose

WARNING.
BELOW ARE THOUGHTS ON HEROES, the TV SHOW
IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP, DO NOT READ.
IF YOU ARE NOT WATCHING, YOU SHOULD BE.

The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Alwynn

Uhm, just to warn you now, Draci, I tend to go from one game to the next, never staying at one for long. Others do too, but I won't speak for them. :)

See you tomorrow afternoon/night! Maybe we can do a battleground together :)

Ps did you watch Heroes tonight? I think Matt's wife dies.

Wroethgar

Wait wha?  Where'd you get that from?!?  >>prepares to rewatch his DVR<< 

So we need a Heroes *spolier alert* thread, cause I have theories.

PinkRose

TV show.
www.nbc.com/heroes
It's an incredible show. Great characters and fabulous story. And you don't know who the bad guys are. Along with that there's interactive web stuff and text messages. It's very cutting edge.
Totally worth the hour to watch and 15 minutes to follow on the web each week.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

DeeCaudill

I watched most of the first set of episodes.  I thought it was okay, but I quickly lost patience with how slowly things moved.

This semester I'm working on the reference desk every other Monday night.  To make matter worst, my home "broadband" connection can't feed the website version without major stuttering.

So yeah, I've missed the last two episodes...

If you want a chuckle, check out the movie "Brick" which has Nora Zehtener who played Eden up until Siler did her in.
Guybrarian

Alwynn

She didn't die last night.. but she did tell Matt something that if you watch ANY TV you know that is like an instant death sentence.

Alwynn

I think Matt's wife is going to die. She doomed herself last night with her "revelation".

And the Cheerleader's friend has to be on the list. For being either super gay or so astoundingly stupid beyond human capabilities to have that hot cheerleader all over his nuts and being all "I don't think we can be friends". Hello. You have a hot cheerleader wanting SO BAD to be your friend and inviting you up to her room and whatever and you're all "blah blah". Very frustrating.

Oh and also I think Niki and Jessica are going to duel it out and that Niki has more strength than she thinks because she broke the baton, not Jessica.

Disclaimer: I don't mean gay as in bad. I mean it in a "same on same homersexual" way.

tanare

for some strange reason i have a feeling that "flying man" ,TM Hiro, is going to turn out to be Claire's long lost father since everyone is slowly getting tied more tightly together. the one quick shot they show of the father is of a guy wearing a business-y looking shirt and the way they;re talking shocker leads me to think its someone we've already run across in the show.

"Claire...i AM your father!" <breathes Darth Vaderly>

as for nikki/jessica- there were hinting that one hero goes to the dark side and i think an in control Jessica would fit the bill nicely. or they could make a reality TV show about their marriage. Oh wait wrong Nick and Jessica.... :angel:

Alwynn

Yeah watching last night I totally thought Nathan was going to be Claire's father. The hairy arm lead me to that.

Oh.. I missed some of last season, so I'm not toally up on everything: Did Nathan win his election?

tanare

well yes and no. When Hiro jumped ahead to the future he saw a paper that said nathan (i am horrible with names, took me 10 minutes to recall Claires and 1) she's my favorite char-along with Hiro and 2) i finished watching the tape of the show about an hour ago) won the election. That was how he rezlied he jumped to the future.

however in "real time" the election hasn't taken place yet though Hiro has told nathan that he will win it- not that nathan believes him of course.

FYI- this is still season 1, they just took a month or so break in the middle of the season like they did with Lost. or you can call it season 1b

Wroethgar

1) Nathan is for sure Claire's father, the business shirt, the build, the watch, the sleeves roilled up all stupid.

2) Yay for Claire's mom, Flame on.

3) I think Sanders(Nicki/Jessica) power does not come from her dual identity, it is simply a mental coping device for her.  Hence, Nikki could have power if she could reconcile her life, hence, for a while she'll be all crazy and killer, and then eventually, she'll get the psychiatric help she needs, and be able to be a "good" hero.  (( PS- I don't think Nikki broke the baton, I think she turned into Jess for a minute there, cause when the slammed her up against the wall she was all "wha happened?"

4) I hope the kid remembered there are cameras in ATMs

5) I forget now.. My Dad and I talk about this show for like 3 hours a week though.

PinkRose

Have you all been getting the messages from Wireless Hana?
www.Primatechpaper.com

As for The Hot Mom (TM), we now have all the standard Super Heroes. I'm happy.

And wow! Nathan as the Dad. Interesting. Didn't even think of that.

Good stuff.

tanare

so lets see we have the Invisible Man, the Human Torch. Now we just need a Mrs. fantastic and Thing and they'll cover the full Fantastic Four (note stretch has to be a chick since the invis person is a guy or have them both be women to be the anti FF of 1 guy and 3 women <nods for anti-continueity>)

PinkRose

Well Niki is very Thing like.
And Claire is Superman-ish.

You know what we are missing?

Wroethgar

Rosemary

Quote from: Kharga on January 30, 2007, 09:08:45 AM
3) I think Sanders(Nicki/Jessica) power does not come from her dual identity, it is simply a mental coping device for her.  Hence, Nikki could have power if she could reconcile her life, hence, for a while she'll be all crazy and killer, and then eventually, she'll get the psychiatric help she needs, and be able to be a "good" hero.  (( PS- I don't think Nikki broke the baton, I think she turned into Jess for a minute there, cause when the slammed her up against the wall she was all "wha happened?"

See now, I interpreted that as Niki being shocked that she had the power to do that as herself instead of Jessica. She seemed less "what happened?" and more "Wait, I didn't mean to..." to me.

Namae Nai

Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!

PinkRose

I thought it was definately Niki who broke the baton.
The body has the power, the personality just needs to realize it and learn to use it.

Alirrin

I'm trying to figure out why the psychiatrist thinks that Nikki can just "let Jessica talk" ... she's never seemed to have any control before.   Silly doctor.

I also missed something somewhere ... when did Hiro start having trouble using his powers?  Any why is he convinced the sword is the key to getting them back?
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam