News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Rest

Started by Noa, December 04, 2006, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noa

Korg Ironhand   
Blue Ribboned Barbarian
(8/16/02 2:29 am)
Reply  Rest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The waves lap up against the wooden posts under the small, flat pier. The sea brings in the sound of wave after wave against the great walls of the elven outpost city. The mist over the waters make the wind chilled, but not overmuch. It is hard to see Firiona standing over the people through the mist. The slight sound of magic comes from behind, as Samantha Lightheart sings to herself, and lets the bardic rythm catch onto strands of mana.

I lean against a railing, watching the sun's last rays sink under the rim of the ocean. I feel the tender silk of her hair beneath my hand as I stroke gently. I looks down to see she is fast asleep. True, peaceful, contented sleep. She is bundled from the cold with my cloak. Her head on my lap, I can see her chest rise and fall. She is so beautiful, my heart is about to burst. So peaceful, she looks. So ... content.

I look not a foot away from me, where my packs sit. My journal has not been touched since that day of sorrow. A part of me considers penning what I can, while all the images are fresh. Partly so I can get the account as accurate as I can, another part because I want to be rid of the memories, and not be drudging them up again.

But, that can wait. For now, I can be content that she is back in my arms.

I see a slight shiver run through her, as the evening air works a draft into the bear cloak over her. I tuck it around her gently. I do not think she will wake from such a sound slumber, but I do not want to take that chance. As my hand passes, it brushes hers, and she instinctively takes hold of it in sleep. I do not resist, instead I hold onto to it and let my hand under the cloak, to her chest, where she pulls it. The new gold adorning her finger feels warm as she holds my hand in her two. Sighing, she resumes her peace.

I look again to the sea. A drowsiness falls over me as I allow it to.

Tomorrow, I will pen my visions of the world. Tomorrow, I will let the world in again.

Tonight, I will find rest with my beloved.

EQ2 again ~ Ellie (Kaladim), Noa (AB)
EQ again ~ Vee, Mak, Ellewys (FV)
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ellendrielle
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Korg Ironhand   
Blue Ribboned Barbarian
(8/16/02 2:35 am)
Reply  Re: Rest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*I invite anyone to pen what they will of this night, if they wish. Perhaps nothing grand or extensive. Perhaps only a conveyance of emotion felt. If you do not wish to, that is fine. If you do, that is better. The night was full of many folk who had an obvious claim in it, whether large or small.*

*Let others enjoy your view from your eyes this night.*

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Caillou GNA   
Pebble with a bow
(8/16/02 9:47 am)
  Re: Rest
I thought I had cried the last of my tears with the news of my mother's death, but Quea's life brought tears to my eyes, tears of joy, but emotion unbound where it had been bottled before.

My mother had died far far from home with her soul unbound and unreachable. It was tried, to bring her and others with her, back, but to no avail. They did not, however, have Eliezer to research the solution. If they had been able to call on him then... would my mother be as alive as Quea is now?

But, my joy over Quea's resurrection is boundless. She is back, she is alive! I felt a great lifting of my soul, as if something within me was set free with her return.

I had Bippin there beside, sweet wonderful Bippin, to comfort me, to calm my fears the spell would not work as the spells for my mother and her comrades did not (though I was not there to see them, but was only told of them and their failure). I am glad he was in wolf form, for his fur was soft and warm and smelling of the earth and musky animalness, exactly what my heart needed for reassurance.

Oh Quea! You are back! You returned from where my mother was unable. Oh Quea! I missed you sorely and am so very very happy you are back!

The writing on the page is smudged with a few drops of water and the signature is all but obliterated by a water drop and a smear.

-Cail... 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Quea FV
Port a Party
(8/16/02 11:29 am)
Reply  Re: Rest
I will pen upon my journal for all to read as best I can the events but I find I must say a piece here.

I am truly indebted to Eliezer, without his wisdom I would not be back. I understand that it was Bippin who encouraged him to seek the answer and some influence of others, Elsbet, Kanina, and Daxtor who had hoped to help in the resurrection.
I thank them heartily and also all those who aided in the gathering of needed components.

I watched much of the proceedings from twilight and my heart stood still in anticipation and fear. Eliezer's workings created such an eerie atmosphere which charged the air around us all. I was in awe of his powers.

I was also overwhelmed with emotion by the friends who gathered to help. They were truly the catalysts that brought me home to my family.

I love you all dearly and thank you forever.

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish