News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Sinkin' Sands by Boudeccai 5/10/06

Started by Sendiwen, July 10, 2006, 12:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sendiwen

Sinkin' Sands
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<< Boudeccai steps in through the tavern's door, stopping briefly to stamp her feet. Sand falls onto the floor, and drops in a trail behind her as she goes to her favorite table. Her fair, northern complexion is decidedly red and she is squinting in the dimly lit interior of the tavern. Loudly she calls for ale, ale and more ale!>>

Trampin' the sands of the desert be hot work! I dinna think I've eva been thirstier than today! While the gnomish pirates were wanderin' through Varsoon, me, Bahl and later Talemus, were battlin' the nasty critters in the Sinkin' Sands. Before Talemus joined us, me and Bahl explored the whole place. There are some scary areas there! And both of us died more than once (though Bahl died way more than me!) I was able to get Bahl down to 10% armor and was hopin' to see him battlin' in his skivvies, but he actually planned ahead and had his field repair kit on him. Ah well, maybe next time I'll get luckier! All that explorin' aged us both. Who would o' thought ye could grow so jes from runnin' like rabbits!

When Talemus joined us, we started workin' on things folks there needed. We decided to turn our hands towards helpin' the Coin folk. Bahl's idea of a joke, given me recent run-in with a certain individual whose name neva crosses me lips without a spit, an' since all the spits burnt outta me at the moment, I canna say it. Anyway, not knowin' anythin' about any o' 'em I figgered Coin's as good a choice as any. The three o' us set to slaughterin' crocodiles and dervish beachcombers with a will. When those tasks were completed, we turned our attention to the critters roamin' the upper stretches of the desert. What a lovely place the Sinkin' Sands be, though I can tell ye I thought I was gonna turn inta one o' me Hopple's pies in that heat!

<<Boudeccai downs the frosty pitcher of ale with enthusiasm and immediately grabs a second.>>

Thank ye, Quince, fer the lovely ale! I can tell ye it neva tasted betta than today!