News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

Brutin--The Word of Brell

Started by Noa, August 03, 2006, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(3/27/02 10:26 pm)
Reply  The Sacking of Neriak
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standing over the hill regions of the commons Brutin sucked on a piece of grass as he watched the people hunting below. Suddenly an eye, floating at belt level swam through the air to him and stopped, blinked twice and then shimmered to life with a little visual, Brutin saw through it to a place as if he were standing there.

The little scene grabbed his attention as he saw Vestaban standing in a dark city with two lackeys of some type, those Inkies looked all the same and hid themselves behind magics, they all wore scowls the robes. Another Inkie peered around the corner wonderingly as Vestaban continued to speak. The scene expanded, as if the eye opened more more and showed a great deal more, as if hidden from view initially and then revealed in a moment of drama Innoruuk stepped into view on Vestaban's left hand side, towards Brutin's viewpoint and pointed at the newcomer.

Vestaban looked up from his two cronies at the indicated Inkie and within an instant the image shimmered to reveal Bindi standing there instead of the Inkie. Vestaban looked at her and then smiled and began casting a spell.

The image shifted as the spell went off and Vestaban glanced into the image, at Brutin himself and smiled evilly. While the image so far had been silent suddenly the image shifted and Vestaban disappeared.

"I have her. I will trade for you." Vestaban said calmly, as if the message spoken was said long after the images he had seen where recorded.

"Wrong Vestaban. I am coming. I am going into Neriak and taking her back by force. The city has one week to deliver her and the baby she carries safely back to the arms of her husband or the city itself will suffer. This has nothing to do with our game." Brutin said and spat on the messenger who immediately retreated to deliver his reply.

"Let it be said that the origin of the Destruction of Neriak started with a healer."

He turned and walked towards Freeport, ignoring Brell who had walked up behind him at some point during the message.

Word of Brell 

EQ2 again ~ Ellie (Kaladim), Noa (AB)
EQ again ~ Vee, Mak, Ellewys (FV)
ESO ~ Vieolah
SW:TOR ~ Emme
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
EQ2 ~ Noamuth, Ellendrielle
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(3/29/02 5:13 pm)
Reply  Would you like to play a game?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brutin sat near the encampment and rubed his shoulders, the long wait for everyone to gather was usually on his end. He was the one that favored wandering away from the others when the adventuring was done for the day and so he was always the last to be collected by Puddlefoot.

It was late but on nights like these the group liked to stay up all night talking and traveling to the next day's adventure site, the one thing he had learned was that this group liked to travel. He heard them approaching and stood up to face them, the fire was warm but totally ruined his infravision, too much heat too close and now he knew what it was like to be a Mule at night.

"About time you guys got here, I have been waiting forever." He said, knowing full well that he had actually delayed them in their travels.

"I am glad you were expecting us." Vestaban said and stepped into the light. Brutin glanced at each in turn, Lestik was smiling in that Iksar way, the menace poured off of him and Veld simply looked about, seizing up the area in which he battled. "You made quite a stir with that little speech to the others about sacking Neriak, got alot of people's hopes up. And I was suitably impressed that you managed to rescue the hobbit so quickly after we were through with her." Vestaban said and motioned towards the far side of Brutin, his skeleton pet moved as ordered, completely ignoring Brutin despite passing within striking distance.

"What is funny is that I wasn't there when they rescued her." Brutin said and moved back some, closer to the pet and further away from them, they in turn spread out.

"It is time to get this farce over with Brutin, once you are out of the way we can go back to just playing the game and getting it over with, no more heroics or semantics from you." Lestik said and drew his sword.

"Are we missing the fun?" Dikadaf came into the light, he had his weapons drawn and he was staring at Veld. Veld looked him over and then smiled broadly.

"Just in time to enjoy the fruits of war." Veld said and ignored Brutin, turning his attention to Dika.

"This won't work guys, you can't kill them, it has to be me." Brutin said.

"Why worry, no harm no foul." Veld said and Brutin looked inquistively over at him.

"As we haven't started any fight, the rule is not invoked. We are in absolutely no danger of dying. We can kill his friends by duel and before they come back for their weapons, Brutin will be gone." Lestik said and Vestaban smiled.

With a flash of light on steel Veld reflected light on Dika and then attacked. Dika was temporarily blinded but easily deflected the incoming attacks from Veld. Lestik attacked Thundi at full gait but they were an even match, Lestik used his harmful touch to slam Thundi to the ground, followed by a slash through the chest. Thundi looked up dazedly and then touched himself in a halo of blue light and then stood up smiling. He was fully healed.

"Now we can get down to business." Thundi said and hefted his sword into attack position.

Vestaban motioned towards Puddlefoot and the pet sprang into action, cackling wildly and lifting it's two weapons into position. Puddle raised his hands quickly and slowed the oncoming pet with roots growing from the ground to wrap themselves around his legs.

Brutin stood there as everyone but himself seem embroiled in some form of combat. He watched each fight in turn and then blinked. "....where is Gears?"

Vestaban shrieked out in pain and raised his arms over his back, turning around quickly as Gears shoved another blade into his stomach, the gnome had sneaked his way around behind Vestaban and backstabbed him. The pet began to turn around and come to the rescue of it's master but Gears charged it even as Puddle brought another spell smashing down on it in flaming swarms.

As the pet died under the multiple onslaught Vestaban brought up another spell and snarled at Brutin, blood flowed from his lips and Brutin knew the wound was bad. Vestaban disappeared, opening a magical portal that wisked him away.

Dikadaf came back into the firelight wiping his blade off and sheathing it even as Thundi finished a series of attacks that left Lestik lying at his feet, dead. Dika smiled and then looked at Brutin.

"Like you like to say, we win."

"What happened to Veld?" Brutin asked quickly.

"He was no match for me, I was clearly better than he was so he beat off my attack and then ran. I wasn't about to go chasing after him when you guys were in danger."

"Bad folks you are involved with Brutin." Gears said calmly as everyone looked around and took stock. Brutin looked down and stared at Lestik's body.

"We got one." Dika said as he came over as well.

"No, not yet.... I need you guys to stay out of this fight, it is very important. Please." Brutin said in idle contemplation. Dika looked at Gears who shrugged and moved over to the fire, the others followed him.

Brutin glanced back at them and then back at Lestik. His thoughts and emotions were in turmoiled but he was sure of what he had to do.

"Rise." He said and put forth the power to revive Lestik back from the dead. Lestik came forward and began gathering the things from his body.

"I win." Brutin said and made eye contact with Lestik who glared at him.

"You might have won this time Brutin but the next time is always going to be luming over your head." Lestik said.

"No next time...not for you." Brutin said and then pulled forth his hammer, he brought his shield up and moved towards Lestik who jumped back to defend himself from the attack.

"You have no chance Brutin, I can be you with my hands tied behind my back." Lestik said and Brutin smiled.

"Not for the next two minutes you aren't." Brutin said.

The meal at the fire went uneaten as the others stood around it and listened. They didn't talk as the mood was ruined for any kind of idle banter from the screams coming from the darkness.

Later Brutin would apologize for taking so long, for the screams to last as long as they did. As a cleric he wasn't schooled in fighting and it took him a long time to get the job done.

....or perhaps it wasn't his lack of skill...

Word of Brell 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(4/8/02 2:57 pm)
Reply  Re: Brutin--The Word of Brell
Brutin stood back and watched idly as Gears went over the group plan with Valquiss. Val had been invited on an outting, this time on the moon and he adapted and worked so well with everyone, they wanted him. Now they were talking tactics just like they had done with him and Brutin smiled.

Brell walked up behind him and layed his hand on Brutin's shoulder. Brutin looked over his shoulder and then smiled lightly. "We are raping this place, I am rich." Brutin said and Brell smiled.

"I heard about Bindi." Brell said and Brutin nodded.

"I can't believe that the secret is out. People like snooping into personal affairs." Brutin said and looked at the ground, moving dirt with his foot into a lone pile.

"Well stupid, they care about you and you are always sulking around. You don't notice the huge difference between your happy self and your sad self. Day and night isn't that different, sure they are gonna get curious." Brell added a light smack upside Brutin's unhelmeted head.

"Not there, that is Nina's spot. More to the right and up. Across Halus' spot." Brutin remarked and Brell chuckled.

"My point exactly. You are usually Mr. Bubbly. Get sad and the whole family wants to know." A slight pause and then Brutin exhaled. "And that bothers you?"

"Well, yeah." Brutin turned to Brell after a quick glance at the others, they were busy. "Bindi was attacked, Finn wants to help! Nina is asking me questions and wants to talk, I have been asked about this from all corners, it seems like no matter how hard I push them away, they come on harder. They are at risk and I can't stand the thought of anyone in Saga being hurt by this crap." Brutin said worriedly.

"Oh." Brell said and then looked him in the eye. "When Valhal needed equipment...50% off? You are a moneygrubber, not very wise. Bindi gets kidnapped and you are gonna not only get back in the game but sack a city? That's hatred. Kearrey having problems finding her way out of the Warrens? You travel across Norrath to walk her out. People help People. Family helps Family."

"I don't want their help." Brutin said flatly.

"Oh, how sweet, the baby in you...is that a pout? Are you pouting?" Brell tried to move around to see Brutin's face even as he turned away from him.

"Quit screwing around Brell." Brutin cautioned him.

"You don't want them hurt. You wouldn't mind their help." Brell corrected him.

"Yeah, I guess you are right on that one." Brutin said.

Word of Brell 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(4/8/02 3:19 pm)
Reply  Empowerment
Brutin stood watch over the others as they rested, the caves had been a hard fight but the sacks of runes dropped by the Grimlings had been received very well in the Vah Shir and stood to make them a fortune.

The shimmer in the air outside the firelight caught his attention and he readied himself to call the alarm, something was appearing.

Innoruuk stepped into view and Brutin narrowed his eyes. These kinds of meetings were never good and Brutin readied himself to take this away from the camp. A quick flash of the eyes and Brutin knew that Innoruuk came alone.

"Be at peace little Dwarf." Innoruuk said and stepped closer.

"What the hell do you want? I didn't think you ever wanted to talk to me directly again." Brutin said warily.

"I came to talk to you about this idiotic idea of yours to attack Neriak and destroy it." Innoruuk said and looked briefly at the others.

"Oh? Came to surrender?" Brutin said and held out his hand...not sure for what might be put there but knew it would get a reaction of some kind. Innoruuk looked at the outheld hand and then scoffed.

"I am not surrendering. I am not fighting you. You wouldn't last long against me." Innoruuk said.

"Don't be so sure, I will be there shortly and then we will see." Brutin threatened.

"Whatever little one, I came to deliver you a message." Innoruuk said with a dismissal of his hand. "The baby has been moved. It has begun training in the dark arts and was moved out of Neriak for it."

"Moved out of the city? Wouldn't that be the best place for a newborne?" Brutin asked.

"I had it moved. Vestaban is already safely invested elsewhere with the child." Innoruuk said with a sly grin on his face.

"Why? Neriak is the safest place on Norrath for the child and yet you move it out, not to mention it is a little young to begin any training of any kind." Brutin spat out.

"I will not risk my children for the sake of a single pawn." Innoruuk declared.

"Well, if I didn't know better, the Prince of Hate loves something. Maybe I should take that away from you anyway?" Brutin said with a smile on his face.

"I am not that stupid Brutin, they won't stay together, the child was the binding factor. With the child in a position of rescue there will be no army, there will be no rescue and Neriak will be there the next day." Innoruuk said lightly, his attitude very flippant.

"Perhaps, but it doesn't save you or Vestaban, nothing changes." Brutin said.

"Lot changes, you are playing the game now, which means Vestaban can now win. It just looks to me like Vestaban's idea worked." Innoruuk commented.

"He wanted me, here I am. Tell him to quit hiding behind a baby and let's play." Brutin said and dismissed Innoruuk.

Word of Brell 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(4/10/02 4:05 pm)
Reply  The Grand Scale of Things
"You seem changed." Siele said as she sat there watching him, he looked up from the meadow and over at her and smiled.

"Yeah, well, I guess I am just enjoying myself for once." Brutin wiped his hands on his tabbard and stretched from his sitting position, Siele was lightly strumming her Lute and the music calmed him, thankfully enough however, there was no magic behind it.

"How is it you are enjoying yourself?" Siele asked, she wasn't interviewing him or trying to get into his head, it was idle chat, and he liked that.

"I am just happy in that there is meaning again. I am not just trying to accumulate money or power, I am not furthering Brell or one of the other gods. I am doing for me. I got my group of friends, I have my family. I haven't had a problem in a while, and the game..." Brutin chuckled lightly, "the game is being played even though I am not doing much of it. I am doing what I want to do, looking around, sticking my nose into things and watching Dikadaf and Thundi smack around our detractors."

"You like that?"

"I like the belonging. Now that the secret is out, and I don't have to hide things, I feel...well, I feel free." Brutin said and smiled. Siele watched him for a bit and then he turned to her. "How many friends do you have?" Brutin asked her point blank and she blinked.

"Well. Left alive. I guess I have you." She said and went back to strumming.

"Doesn't that bother you?" Brutin asked her.

"I guess." Siele said, she was avoiding the question and the answer altogether.

"Siele, I mean more than that. I mean doesn't it bother you that you have a life in which you are afraid to have friends? That you have to hide behind a wall?" Brutin touched her hand. She stared at it as if his hand were asking the question instead of himself.

"Yes, I guess, I never really thought about it." Siele said.

"That is another thing. We knew we had to play this game and we generated our lives around playing it. We aren't living. If we don't expand and reach out then we are only the Pawns we were created to be." Brutin said. Siele looked up at him.

"I don't have a close knit group to call a family Brutin, it isn't that easy." She countered.

"Come on Siele, I have been there myself, you are fooling yourself. We don't allow ourselves to expand or to feel, that way we can't get hurt. We are all locked up, bottled up so that when the time comes, we miss nothing." Brutin explained.

"Then you are setting yourself up for a fall, what if Vestaban gets the better hand on you, or Veld? You are gonna hurt alot of people's feelings unnecessarily and you are gonna be hurt, it is gonna affect your ability to play." Siele replied, explaining to him the pitfalls he had been hashing out his entire life, each explaination from her lips were transferred to visions of his past.

"The point is that I have something to fight for, I have a reason to remain. When the time comes I will be fighting harder than the others. It is the pain, the love, the friendships, the saddness, all of that which drives us, makes us whole, and the more we experience, the more powerful we get. Not learning to kill or to heal, not accumulating trinkets that can bring gods to their knees, it is what is inside here." He said putting his hand to the middle of his chest.

They both sat there for a moment, Siele watching him and he stared into thin air, she light played a tune that soothed both of their souls as the cool breeze and warm sun collided against their senses while the birds sang backup to her little song.

"That to me is the meaning of life."

Word of Brell 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(4/12/02 9:34 pm)
Reply  A day in the life
Brutin rolled over onto his back and blinked back the blinding light, her face slowly materialized out of the haze... "Don't ever try to look up my nightie again! And good morning to you pervert!"

...................................................................................

"Honey, you can't get milk from them." She turned and walked away, the eggs and slices of ham and toast dribbled down his face and mixed with his beard.

...................................................................................

"If that is the cost of healing, you are gonna need alot of it..." Brutin picked himself up and dusted himself off, the girl put her shirt back on and picked her sword up but Brutin was already out of harm's way.

....................................................................................

He dragged his sleeve across his face and cleared the lager from it. The potent brew clung to his beard and invaded his nostrils. "Just what's on the menu Dwarf." she put the now empty tankard down and walked away.

....................................................................................

"CON-FESH-UHN, not CON-SUMP-SHUN, and not with you, I need a priest not a date." Brutin looked up from admist the pile of hymnals and looked to see if she had anymore to throw but the door slammed suddenly.

"I am not a dinner table! That is a dinner table!" She stormed off as two fellows moved over to pick up the large oaken table that had trapped Brutin to the floor.

"I would rather sleep alone than have a nightmare like you!" She moved away from the closed door Brutin was leaning on, he tried to wipe the sweat from his brow and came away with makeup, combs a brush and a full, unused capsule of rouge.

Brutin eased himself into the chair, the groan of escaping air brought his friend up from whatever reverie he was in.

"Rough day?" his friend asked.

"Naw, about the usual for me... You?"

Word of Brell 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish

Noa

Brutin Vitellius
Word of Brell
(4/24/02 8:27 pm)
Reply  2 weeks ago
"She is all I have, she is my everything.....and now she is gone!" The man hunched over the body of the girl and cried. No worries about showing emotion or what others thought of him, his concern was focused on the crushed and bleeding object in his arms.

Smoked wafted up between them and melded with the dark blistered sky. Two others shifted listlessly as they watched this man deal with his grief, his town, his home was gone, but to him his life was summed up in what he was holding.

"I met her last year at the Harvest Festival... how my father chided me about bringing home a stranger. But it didn't take long for them to warm up to her, to my little blossum." Those memories he lived through as he spoke and at the end he hugged her, giving more emphasis to his parents accepting her.

The village was a burning ruin and what little was left standing was unrecognizable as a person's life. Few people remained standing, the rest, a great many of them by number lay around in various forms of escape, escape cut short by sword and by spear.

"We just got married. Just bought this house. Just opened that store." He pointed at a burned out building that until then had been unrocognizable. "My whole world...gone." the man went back to his grief as one of the onlookers put his hand on his shoulder. As if on cue the wind blew briskly and touseled the hair, brought the scent of death and a faint but far off hint of wildflowers.

The second stranger stood there transfixed. It was alien to him, it was not as if he stood on the outside, he did. No thought, no feeling could he muster to reflect his own experience. He had never had this, therefore the act of loss meant nothing to him.

"No there is nothing left for me, nothing but revenge." the man said, still wracked by spasms of pain and sorrow.

"We will rebuild." the first stranger said, he looked about and his face was set with grim determination to erase this blot and bring back life to a town subjected to the torch of invaders.

"There is nothing for me here, nothing anymore." The man replied. "No one cares about the beautiful things anymore, it is the soft delicate things that pay for the thoughtlessness of the strong." the man spat out between sobs.

"Brell cares." the words were said as a discovery even as the hand descended towards the bloodmottled face of this man's true love. The hand gently rubbed her cheeks, as if caressing a lover or a child, the care and thoughtfulness aroused the griefstricken man to look up at the stranger who stared at him and then nodded down to his loss. The man glanced down and looked into her eyes. She blinked back a few tears and then smiled weakly.

"It's a miracle..." The man was left speechless as his love reached up to touch his own cheek, it was no dream, he felt her breath against his arms.

"I am not done yet."

Word of Brell 

ESO ~ Vieolah
Rift ~ Noamuth, Euma
VG ~ Fie, Nymm
WoW ~ Izzra
HZ~ Nymm
EQ1 ~ Elloise, Radish