News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

The "Dear Antonia" letters...

Started by Sagacity, June 02, 2006, 05:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagacity

Someone bumped the "Dear Antonia" letters on the SOE newbie forum and I just had to reread them.  Just as funny the second time through, although of course a few of the NPC behaviours mentioned have since been changed (like that caretaker ... she was just creepy!)

For your reading pleasure

Such a shame the author stopped writing them after the third. 

Warning, do not attempt to drink while reading.

Scrib

;D

I've only just started reading. What a laugh.

"however when the wood elf next to me managed to decapitate himself with a 2 inch sewing needle that was really quite enough"

:2funny:

Alirrin

Those are brilliant.  I don't understand what the issue was that caused the author to stop writing them, though.  It sounds like he was getting flak from moderators  (or thought so, anyway)?
EQ2 - Antonia Bayle: Quince Flutterfoot, Frixobulus, Sunbeam

Sagacity

You can't start new posts in the newbie forums once your post count gets too high (you're no longer considered a newbie).  So, after enough posts, the author was no longer able to start new letters in that forum.  I believe he complained and was told to put it in the roleplay forum, but he felt it was actually more game mechanics commentary than roleplay and disagreed.  Something like that anyway.  It was a long time ago now.