News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

[EQ2] Abrus Hana

Started by Namae Nai, November 12, 2013, 05:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namae Nai

"Is this part absolutely necessary?" the koada'dal girl was defiant, and a little exasperated.
   "Yes," the cloak wearing human's tone was eerily level. He's been asked this question before, "It would be unfair of me to trade if you have no way of understanding what it is you are sacrificing. It could invalidate the binding enchantment of the contract. Think of what is to come as... an unbreakable element of these types of bargains."
   His hands were all over her, expertly tracing magical runes across her body. <For a non-highborn ...man... to do this...> If she could blush more, she would. For anything else the embarrassment alone would make this impossible, but the human had offered her the one thing she could not refuse.
   "It is done."
   That took her aback. <He wove an chrono-enchantment of this magnitude in less than a minute..? Who was....> but already the spell took her mind and her perception plunged away from the world, dragging her mind and soul with it.

.--.      .-'.      .--.      .--.      .--.      .--.      .`-.      .--.
:::::.\::::::::.\::::::::.\::::::::.\::::::::.\::::::::.\::::::::.\::::::::.\
'      `--'      `.-'      `--'      `--'      `--'      `-.'      `--'      `

She was old. Four pillars of magnificent oak encircled her, as sheets of satin lay on top. This was her bed. Catching her breath <Was it always this hard to breathe?> she looked around, and her heart grew instantly warm. Her children.. and grandchildren.. and even a few great-grandchildren had come to see her. She felt loved as she had never felt before. This was her purpose.

Years passed. She swung her legs, twisting her body to the exact timing of the music. Her partner flashed an appreciate and almost wolfish grin. She didn't mind though, caught up in the mood and the atmosphere as she danced. <This man had possibilities at least!> They kissed, and she was thrilled.

Again, time washed across her. She was standing before the gates of New Tunaria... wait, it is Felwithe again. The chief envoy was speaking to her. "May Mayong's shadow never again darken Faydwer!" She agreed, and held up her wine glass in a ceremonial toast. At last her people were united!

She was crying. The mage reached out and touched her hair, and she reflexively shot her face up, and drew back from the intruder.
   <Wait, this is what just happened!>
   "I have a deal for you," he said, "The one thing you want."
   Her body tensed to leap at him, not sure if the impulse was out of rage at his lack of circumspection and impertinence or the insane hope that this utter stranger could actually deliver on the impossible.
   His hand flashed an almost effortless magical gesture that had her rooted to her seat. She should be furious, but her tears had suddenly dried up and she felt... drained... empty. <A soothe spell..? No, more complex than that....>
   "It will not come cheaply," from some hidden pocket, a ritual dagger appeared in his hand, "Magic of this magnitude is always an exchange."
   "I have gold...!" she felt foolish. Surely if this enchanter was talking to her now, he knew that.
   "That will be a small part of my compensation, of course, but what I need from you is bigger..."

She screamed, a voice robbed of words. There was so much blood! <This was all her fault!> She clutched at the frail form, she if her hands could draw back the life that had already departed into the Ethernere. Great wracking sobs followed, their motion a study in flowing pain.

Like meeting the eye-wall of a hurricane the spell peaked, and then vanished. She was left cold, and silent. She was in her families atrium.. she was lying with her skin pressed against the cold stone floor. <Did he carry me here...?>
   "All of that, you give to me." the enchanter wasn't even looking at her, instead focusing on completing a ritual circle in the center of the room,  "Also, I will need you to look after a relic of mine. Fulfill this vow, and you get her back."
   "If.. you can do it, then I don't care." She struggled, the lingering effects of the spell making it impossible to stand, her world reeling and spinning back. <What was I giving up..? I saw.. but do I understand...?> "But can you.. I mean..?"
    "Dear Lady Hana," he smiled, "it is already done."
   She looked into the air above the ritual circle. With her greatest hope, emerged her perfect despair.
   "Welcome back... sister."
Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!