News:

If you have news or announcements that you would like promoted, post in the "News! News! News!" thread in the Announcements forum, or contact your Guildleader.

Main Menu

AD&D Alignment Quiz

Started by Askari, February 21, 2014, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Askari

Having read all the results, I would definitely say that the person who wrote them up leaned towards Chaotic Evil. He was especially harsh towards Lawful Good, so I suspect he was bitch-slapped by a paladin for being a little douche during his teenage years.

Quote from: PinkRose on February 23, 2014, 11:05:50 PM
@Mixxi, I agree with his statement. I believe that most people who think they are True Neutral are more Neutral Good than they want to be.

As someone who identifies very strongly with True Neutral, I would say that I am quite happily... "as Lawful Good as my situation allows me to be".

I consider myself very fortunate to be a middle-class American, who can live a Lawful Good lifestyle. However, I have to readily admit that I can imagine many real life scenarios where I would be forced to abandon that LG lifestyle to protect myself, my property, my family, and my friends.

To turn PinkRose's statement around, I believe that most people who think they are Lawful Good would be more True Neutral than they want to be... if the crap hit the fan.
EQ1-FV: Fnortner, Grimwyrd, Fumoto, and army of alts. BDO: Salamandros. GW2: Arkturo. EQ2: Panacea. RIFT: Nock. SWTOR: Croaker.
Grimwyrd on Discord: SagaFamily Channel= https://discord.gg/pC3NDpAP

Scrib

Chaotic good/neutral

I'm Peter Pan and going to Gladsheim in the afterlife.  :viking2:
Neverwinter: Ahriahn
RIFT: Greville (Guardian), Ahriahn (Defiant)
Eq1: Dragnil  => Eq2: Scrib, Freddie, Crematia

Mixxi

I think a great deal of my true neutral underpinnings come from where I grew up. I lived in a mountain rural area that was extremely isolated--only two other people lived in the valley with us. My early memories are not of buildings and other people. They are of landmarks like rivers, rocks, and trees and of the different animal populations in our valley. The human system of rules appears very much as an artificial construct laid over the natural world to me. I'm very "lawful" to my own moral structure, but it is internal, not externally imposed.

Pedekele

Quote from: Mixxi on February 24, 2014, 02:59:48 AM
I think a great deal of my true neutral underpinnings come from where I grew up. I lived in a mountain rural area that was extremely isolated--only two other people lived in the valley with us. My early memories are not of buildings and other people. They are of landmarks like rivers, rocks, and trees and of the different animal populations in our valley. The human system of rules appears very much as an artificial construct laid over the natural world to me. I'm very "lawful" to my own moral structure, but it is internal, not externally imposed.

Being lawful but you basicly make your own laws, sounds kinda funny    ;)
There should be a "chaotic - lawful" alignment then.

Syllestrae

Quote from: PinkRose on February 23, 2014, 11:05:50 PM
@Syll, I would love an honest test from you. Because you have always been an enigma to me.

Here you go, good sir.  I always get such unexpected results on these.

Lawful Neutral

-15 chaos, -4 evil and 8 balance!

Lawful Neutral people see themselves as a part of something bigger. They believe that everything operates according to a Higher Plan. Some put their faith in religion, some trust in science, some follow a political party or support a regime. Yet regardless of their different beliefs, they all serve something bigger than themselves. All Lawful Neutrals strive for a perfect society. They are not concerned with individual rights so much as the overall welfare of the majority. They see individuals as component cells of the "group organism." A person eventually dies, but people in general continue to exist. Therefore the only thing that truly matters is the collective, the group. One life is unimportant in the larger scheme of things. In the words of the old Italian mafioso from American Gangster -- "More important than any one man's life is order."

Lawful Neutral always follows the rules of the group. However, the specific rules will vary depending on which group you're talking about. An F.B.I. agent diligently enforcing the law and never questioning his superiors could be called Lawful Neutral. A Mafia member that is loyal to The Family, respects his elders, doesn't gun down innocent people and lives by a code of honor could also be called Lawful Neutral ... even though the mobster and the F.B.I. agent are deadly enemies. The term "lawful" does not necessarily mean you obey the Law of the Land. It only means you are loyal to a code of conduct (even if it's a criminal code) and that you're a team player. In this alignment, your value is defined by how others view you, not by how you view yourself. A perfect Lawful Neutral would be something like a computer, doing exactly what it's programmed to do and seeing all things in terms of true or false, right or wrong, yes or no. For Lawful Neutral, there are no fractions -- only ones and zeroes. A safe, boring alignment.

Syllestrae

Quote from: Askari on February 21, 2014, 01:07:37 PM

Warning: it asks you to create a username/password and supply an email address at the end of the quiz to see your results... but I just gave it my backup spam email account address. You may not want to bother.

Only if you mark yourself as single.

If you mark yourself as in a relationship, and choose not to save your results, no email or registration is required.

Mixxi

Wow, Syll. Not what I would have expected from you!

Syllestrae

I know, right?

Lawful Neutral's pretty much the only D&D alignment I've never played.   Maybe subconsciously it skewed too close to real life inclinations.

I AM THE LAW!!!!

Really though, these things never output what I would've guessed for myself going into it.  I was expecting CN or CG based on the responses I was giving.

Jasyn

A little less lawful than usual.  I must be slipping...

True Neutral

3 chaos, -3 evil and 12 balance!

"You chose your way, I chose mine."  -- TUCO, The Good The Bad & The Ugly

Quick Scoring Guide

balance of 11 to 19 : a complex person with multiple viewpoints

balance of 06 to 10 : an uncertain and self-contradicting person

balance of 01 to 05 : an unbalanced person full of inner conflicts

balance of 0 : go back and actually TAKE the test, smartass

Examples of True Neutral

Animals, plants, minerals, metals, time, space, and the Universe.

PinkRose

So many Neutrals in Saga.
Who would have thought?
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Jhared

Syllestrae

Silverwulfe

Neutral Good
-2 Chaos, -14 Evil, 13 Balance

There really need to be more options on some of those places.  Most of the questions involve dealing with others... what about the Druids out there that have no way to answer the freakin question? lol
Landmark: Silverwulfe (Liberation - Marsh)
EQ2: Karukai, Kaereas (Deke, Jezek, Takada)

PinkRose

Druids don't take the test. They are too busy planting trees to care.
The opinions expressed here are my own and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Namae Nai

I reran the test and while I came out significantly less evil (only 9 points), I'm still somewhere between Chaotic and Neutral Evil, apparently.  ???  ???

I thought I would come out like, Chaotic Neutral at least, maybe leaning towards Chaotic Good. Why am I evil? I don't understand.  :'(  :'(  :'(

Though I bet it might have something to do with not exactly being self sacrificing, and utterly contemptuous of authority. I certainly did a lot of answering that way.
Namae Nai, Wandering Troubadour, 60,000,000,000$$ reward!

Corsair

True Neutral, with a slight tendency towards Neutral Good.

Probably a fair assessment. I tested as pretty negative towards evil, and slightly negative to chaos, with a good bit of balance.
SWTOR - Buck Dharma
EQ on FV - Beren Fellhand
EQ2 - Oozag, Tavi, Hamhock, others.
Vanguard - Fenris, Grishnak
Horizons - Belail
Rift - Dominic Thorne
EQ Phinigel - Kiran, Trajak

Scrib

Quote from: Namae Nai on March 05, 2014, 02:39:14 AM
utterly contemptuous of authority

Always been my favourite bard.  :tan:
Neverwinter: Ahriahn
RIFT: Greville (Guardian), Ahriahn (Defiant)
Eq1: Dragnil  => Eq2: Scrib, Freddie, Crematia

PinkRose

RavenMiles

I am Neutral Good or Chaotic Good.
Raven Miles -ToR
Raven Miles - GW2